Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:31 pm 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

.o. .....I can see Yume-chan being evil to this... I don't know if that makes me weird or just too into thinking like my OC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:01 am 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

Also I wanted to ask who reads me and Draco's stories? or the RPG? Just curious...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:15 am 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

I read the stories, but I don't do the RP.

As for that Suicide Silence video-I'm not a fan of them. Too generic, although their new album is surprisingly good. I prefer straight death metal overall, but I like a few deathcore bands, namely Whitechapel, Salt the Wound, As Blood Runs Black, and Despised Icon and Catalepsy are really good too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:32 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Hey guys, finally back from visiting family xD

Lessee, my favorite flavor of ice cream is strawberry, I get approximately 5 hours of sleep a night, (except for random 14 hour nights here and there, when I compensate for the lack of the rest @~@ ) some of my favorite bands are The Delgados, The Most Serene Republic, The Dodos, Oranger, Portishead, Whale (I LOVE trip hop), Annuals, Shout Out Louds, Stars and... well, there's too many to go on, really... o_O

Here are a few vids. Pretty tuneful stuff ^^

The Delgados, American Trilogy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFt_vocRJ64 (same band that performed Gunslinger Girl's Intro theme and exit theme, "The Light Before We Land", and "Woke From Dreaming", and yes, I AM RepoBaxil on YT xD)

Annuals, Brother: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfgjw0Dh ... re=related

The Dodos, Fools: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhLRxui7vXU

The Most Serene Republic, Content Was Always My Favorite Color: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aVD8JQAFZY

Shout Out Louds, Walls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-66yQoWwzY (Shout Out Louds videos are always incredible!)

Portishead, Wandering Star: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEQNAZGoZrw

I will also try really hard to get back to reading you guys' work, I'm just super swamped with work and school lately... It sucks
-_-

So, I'm a total film buff lol. Any other movieheads in the house? xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:49 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

Well, anyone else a fan of the Alien movies? Also am I the only one here who isnt a adult?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:28 am 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

No, I'm 16....I believe I said this a while back...also you don't have to force yourself...just when your bored or aren't doing much....Why does almost everyone I know have school? I barely got out 3 weeks or so ago...I thought more people would be here.....no offense. Oh well...*stares at the moon*...wonderful. :3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:34 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

Interesting, I'm also 16, and I don't have to go school, not so lucky though as the only reason I don't have to go to school is becouse of my lukemia, and thats no fun ether.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:54 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Im very sorry to hear that Draco :( How are you lately? Also, I loved the first one, "Alien", and it goes down in my book as one of the finest horror/scifi movies ever made :D I saw Aliens when I was really little, but I cant remember much (partially because I was too scared to look lol xO) Its NOT for the faint of heart, but if you haven't seen it yet, you should check out John Carpenter's "The Thing". More amazing alien horror.

Oh and the school Im doing is University stuff, double majoring in Studio Art and Commercial Art to get my Bachelor's Degree. Its great, but exhausting as all get out @~@ And lol, I didnt mean to sound like Id be forcing myself or anything, Im just coming down from a really hectic semester xO I really would like to get back to reading everyones stuff, though :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:14 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

Oh I assure you I'm fine, hospital visits are just unplesent, and I'm tired alot, and I love the movie alien, I first saw part of it when I was little and I walked into my parents room while my papa was watching it, just in time for the chestburster scene, surprisingly it didn't scare me at all, probably becouse I knew it was all fake, I wanted to stay and watch the rest but papa wouldn't let me, I geuss he thought it would give me nightmares, he eventuely let me watch it once it aired on tv again and he knew those movies didn't scare me, the movie aliens is something I asked for on christmas once, only seen parts of alien 3 and resurection.

Another movie I'm really fond of is Gremlins, oh and Gremlins 2 of course, I especily like Gizmo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:19 am 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

I'm 16 as well. Funny how that works out.

@Repo. Trip hop is some pretty awesome stuff.

@Draco. I've only seen the first, third, and fourth (which is a pity since the second is said to be one of the best) but I enjoyed them, especially the first. That was my first exposure to H.R. Giger, who has become one of my favourite artists. Others are Arthur Rackham, Maxfield Parrish, M.C. Escher, Max Ernst, Hieronymus Bosch, Edward Gorey, Tony Millionaire, and Gustave Dore. I'm not counting manga artists. Any favourite artists?

Oh, and if you haven't noticed, I like to list things. Sorry if there's any inconvenience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:41 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
Another movie I'm really fond of is Gremlins, oh and Gremlins 2 of course, I especily like Gizmo.
If you haven't seen them already you might like the Critters movies. Sort of like a darker version of Gremlins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:49 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Snap, and I though the Gremlins movies were super dark! xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:54 pm 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

Gremlins is more or less dark humor, the second more humor then the first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:59 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Yeah Gremlins can be dark, especially in the first, like where she is telling why she doesn't like Christmas... But there was a lot of lighthearted tie-ins to lift the mood e.g. Disney, Hulk Hogan, Rambo, Looney Tunes. Especially the 2nd movie felt more quirky than dark (such as the 'sexy' Gremlin). It's more 'fun' than Critters.

And the Mogwai are adorable! <3

In Critters its a lot more twisted and there's nothing cute about them (and when they attack, its nastier with more blood). @~@ But does have some moments of quirky humour too (though still with a more violent edge):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1W_fY0fNp4

I prefer Gremlins personally. But Critters is also memorable, some scenes were really odd! I think I've seen up to the 3rd or 4th movie. The things I watched as a kid. o_O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:01 pm 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

Oh my god...Gremlins...and Critters, been awhile since I heard or saw those, I liked them alot....but I would like to reccomend that you guys watch Super 8, it is an awesome alien movie. XD

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next