Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:16 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

EVER WONDERED HOW THE STORY GOES WITH ADVENT CHILDREN...
Well I've been, I've become so unpatient already, I really want to watch the whole Advent children, this is so unfair.... ;_;
Well based from the trailers, I think Advent children is going to be the best animations EVER...(well for me)
Come on square-enix... the friggin' suspense is killing me...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:02 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

People got it out on fansub the day (or the day after?) it was released I think. My friend already saw it and then changed his MSN tag to "Advent Children kicks ass!" (he'll be buying it once its out in the West on DVD of course, right now it's only in Japanese over in Japan) XD But he didn't spoil anything for me of course.

The animation should be really good. He said it's a lot of action/fights and if you go back and watch again you may notice things you didnt at first within a fight because so much is going on.
I was concerned that maybe they'd try and introduce a lot of new characters and in such a short film, they would make it too crowded. But he says the only new characters really is the enemy and thats only 3. So should be good on that front.

Personally I'm going to wait until it's out on DVD so I can watch it on a nice TV and with surround sound.
My friend's reminded me though he's got a rig setup where he can watch stuff on his computer on a big projector screen the size of his wall so he's OK (I was like "No need to rub it in!". Just kidding XD )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:46 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

My friends were all uptight over that movie. In fact, all of them have already downloaded the movie already, and have like, watched it for the 5th time already. They said the animation was superb, and I wonder if it is nearly the same as the movie 'Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within'.

Anyway, till I somehow get to watch the movie, I'll keep an eye on this thread. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:39 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

"Spirits Within" didn't get a very good reception. And apparently was commercially unseuccessful. What the majority believes though of course is not an individuals concern, so if you loved it then thats great =)
Most reviews I think will be going "They finally made a good movie" and similar. The good thing about that is: It means Advent Children is apparently really good and even better than Spirits Within. The bad thing is: If you really like Spirits Within you won't want to read reviews XD
I'll be honest and say I didn't personally enjoy Spritis Within... Whilst it still on some levels (such as the Lifestream etc.) mixed magic with sci-fi as is common in the games, the vast majority of it seemed to be plain sci-fi. I got bored at times and although the graphics were very impressive, I needed a gripping plot/characters to really drag me into the world. But that was just my personal opinion ._.

If you mean in terms of animation then I think with Advent Children they went for a slightly different angle/style. because in the original game the characters were anime based. I think tyhey've gone with a sort of quiet hybrid between realism and anime. Or at least that's what I heard people describing it as ages ago. The animation should be great hopefully.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:41 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

._. ._. ._. YEY!!!!!!!! :v: :autumn: :ball: :rahrah: :cool:
I finally downloaded the movie, the voices were in Japanese, but it was ok, I';m so happy!
It took me a day to download the whole movie! It was fantastic, magnificent!(don't worry, I won't spoil all of you, unless, you want to be... nah)
Well the good thing here is that downloading here ANYTHING is totally legal...
If I were to grade the graphics, sound, storyline, it would be off the chart

-This has got to be the best animation I've ever seen!
-I hope you guys get to watch the movie to!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:35 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

-just saw the Last Order OVA and wants this DVD now-

Crystalline Academy -- Personal website.
My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:55 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

The movie is being released sometime in 2006 in America.

I can't wait to see it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:31 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Recently got the Final Fantasy: Last Order OVA, it's wicked awesome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:52 am 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Wow you got some new stuffs there...

I still don't have the Last Order OVA... Is it good?

Thanks to CE Yume for the layouts! ^_^

Labi kong di mapigil ang ngiti
Sa tuwing ika'y aking nakakatabi
Bango'y baon ko hanggang hatinggabi

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]