Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:26 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:12 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Alien Nine (seen the OVA, ordering the mangas tomorrow)... (the rest of the list is anime)--> Ergo Proxy, Azumanga Daioh, Last Exile, Samurai 7, Fate/Stay Night, Paranoia Agent... I think that's about it right now. :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:52 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Was Ergo Proxy good? Remember considering watching that. It did sound interesting from the concept if I remember right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:37 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
Was Ergo Proxy good? Remember considering watching that. It did sound interesting from the concept if I remember right.
Ergo Proxy was (actually, for me, "is", cause I haven't finished it yet) amazing, to say the absolute least. It defies both the nature and quality of human work, and is one of the absolute best animes I've ever seen. I know it sounds like high praise, but it's really just superb. If you are at all interested now, check it out. :3
Can't recommend it enough!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:08 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Glad to hear it. I'll do my best to check it out sometime! Thanks for the recommendation. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:34 am 
New Student
New Student

Currently watching

Anime:
Mahou Sensei Negima
Ouran High School Club
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Manga:
History's Strongest Disciple
Bleach
Naruto
Berserk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:34 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Just recently watched Fooly Cooly. I heard of it before but I never watched it until randomly, two nights ago, I decided to check it out and it's sickkk! Can't believe I've went all this time without watching it.

Definitely a must see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:16 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
Just recently watched Fooly Cooly. I heard of it before but I never watched it until randomly, two nights ago, I decided to check it out and it's sickkk! Can't believe I've went all this time without watching it.

Definitely a must see.
Fooly Cooly is surely one of the greatest animes ever made XD It was my first favorite anime :3 The release of the bluray had me stoked, even if it was just a standard definition upscale.

When I first saw it, I cried like a baby after it ended lol... It was sooooo amazing I didn't want it to ever end XD I was just entering high school when I saw it, and I could still pretty well relate to the whole coming of age thing, so it really had a huge impact on me. That, and the fact that I'm a cartoonist and had huge ambitions for animation at the time. Maaaajor inspiration for me! The art and characters were SICK, and the actual animation is just unreal. And the Pillows' soundtrack? HOLY GOD. Amazing!!!
Everything about the show is perfect, in my honest oppinion lol XD Alien 9 and Fooly Cooly are currently my favorites, with Ergo Proxy close behind :sleeping:
So glad to hear you enjoyed it!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:17 pm 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

Hey, guys! I've been watcching some awesome anime just recently. It's called Puella Magi Madoka Magica or Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, and I've been reading some of the spinoffs , it is one of the best shows I have watched in a long while ( other than alien nine). Anyone else heard of it or watched it?
It's actually quite comparable to Alien Nine, only maybe alot more ....( I can't say cause I don't wanna spoil) but if you haven't watched it you guys should really check it out! it only just recently finished.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:02 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

Hello everyone, never posted in this thread before, but I'd like to say for anyone who is into series like Pokémon, Digimon, Monster Rancher, etc, that I have started watching another monster series called Dragon Quest Dai no Daibouken.

It seems pretty good so far, though I have only watched three episodes, but just putting this out there, don't know if anyone has already posted this here, can't really be bothered to search the whole thread right now, sorry, oh and I've never played a Dragon Quest game, but I plan to get Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 soon.

And to say, Slimes are cute and I look forward to raising one, but my true goals will be Zenith Dragon and Orochi.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:11 pm 
Fused Borg
Fused Borg

Quote:
Hey, guys! I've been watcching some awesome anime just recently. It's called Puella Magi Madoka Magica or Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, and I've been reading some of the spinoffs , it is one of the best shows I have watched in a long while ( other than alien nine). Anyone else heard of it or watched it?
It's actually quite comparable to Alien Nine, only maybe alot more ....( I can't say cause I don't wanna spoil) but if you haven't watched it you guys should really check it out! it only just recently finished.
I know what you're talking about! I loved that story! And the girls go through very traumatic things similar to what happens in Alien Nine. We could make a separate thread for this or talk over pm if you're worried about spoilers. Do you think the cast of Alien Nine, especially Yuri and Kasumi would fall for Kyubey's trick? And what would they wish for? And tell me what would your wish have been had you not known the full terms of the contract.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:57 pm 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

I've been watching a show called DinoZaurs, I remember it from my childhood, mostly because of the toys, it's not too bad.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:26 am 
Fused Borg
Fused Borg

That show looks vaguely familiar, but I can't remember ever watching it.
It reminds me of two really old TV shows, Extreme Dinosaurs and DinoSaucers.
I think they had toys too.
Only this one is much more anime like.

And I remember Medabots, which look liked Pokemon but with robots.
I'm re-watching Transformers Beast Wars.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:45 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

I rewatched Medabots awhile back, it reminds me somewhat of Pokémon, but also Digimon, because they talk, and most people only have one, but the battling for sport is more Pokémon.

Beast Wars is my favorite Transformers incarnation, I still remember my last watch of it though, so maybe I'll watch Beast Machines after I'm done with DinoZaurs, or perhaps Transformers Armada, I also need to watch Digimon Tamers again.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7