Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 57 Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:52 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

So what anime are you currently watching or going to/plan to watch?
And are you reading any manga or plan to pick up a certain manga?

Through fansub I'm watching Tsubasa Chronicle, which is the anime version of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle manga (which I have read the first few volumes of). It is by CLAMP and features many characters from the various works of CLAMP, but in different roles and in completely different worlds. The main characters are the wonderful Sakura and Li originally from Card Captor Sakura ^^ . In the story Sakura has lost her memory and Li must travel through many different worlds to find the pieces of her memory to save her, accompanied by a few others. It is looking very good so far. The ending music is done by Maaya Sakamoto (one of my favourite artists) and the background music is done by Yuki Kajiura who also did the music for the .hack anime so it is pretty good (even if it does sometimes really make you think of .hack because her style is so distinctive ). I'm up to episode 2.

I also plan to watch the Kino no Tabi ( aka Kino's Journey ) movie, titled Life Goes On soon through fansub. I was VERY surprised to hear a movie had been made. Great stuff. :cheer:

Oh yeah also heard a movie is going to be made of Tsubasa Chronicle, already! Woah. o_o;

For manga, I just bought:
.hack//LEGEND OF THE TWILIGHT Volume 3 - Finally came out! WOah it looks twice as thick as the other volumes o_o;
Lagoon Engine Volume 2 - The first volume was good. I am so totally in love with Yukiru Sugisaki's artwork, have been ever since I first saw a D.N.Angel pic, so beautiful XD
Kill Me Kiss Me Volume 5 - I keep getting lost as to who's who (quite a few characters) and forgetting what has happened so far... But I love the artwork and it's a good story. Enjoying it so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:48 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Hmm... for me, I'm currently watching the anime Chobits, which is another work done by CLAMP. I read the Tsubasa Chronicle manga before, but that was only Book 8 (or was it 7?). I'm kinda caught offguard by the fact that the artists used Sakura and Li from the Cardcaptor Sakura story, but that only makes the story more interesting. XD

As for the Chobits anime, well... I know it's popular. The last episode for the anime was shown last night. It's sooo touching... *sob* :comfort: Well, at least there's the most aniticpated 'and they live happily ever after' ending, so no bigges there. The story is about Hidaki bumping into a female Persecom (did i spell it correctly?), later named Chii. The series goes on about how Hidaki tries to teach Chii some human stuff (coz she's kinda empty in the head), and falling in love with her in the end, only to find out that Chii could be the legendary (or more like urban legend) Chobits, which are Persecoms capable of expressing human emotions (did i get that right?). I don't wanna be a spoiler and tell you what kind of ending the anime was, so try finding it out yourself. =D

Luckily for me, I've a TV channel that broadcasts anime 24/7, though in everday there are some repeats. So currently, the animes I'm hitting on now are Galaxy Angels, Sayuki Reload, Midori Days, Witch Hunter Robin and Samurai 7. I know there's some more, but I can't remember them now. XD

As for the mangas, I tend to borrow from my friends, but I've some of my own. The third book of .hack//Legend Of The Twilight Bracelet came out in my bookstores some months ago already, but that was like more than 8 months after the release of the second book. o_0

I'm too hitting on Pita-Ten and Alita, Battle Angel. There's AlienNine too. XD Pita-Ten is kinda a mix of comedy and romance, though in some scenes you can be jerked into tears (especially the last part). The art is fantastic too. =D As for Alita, Battle Angel, the drawings are really serious. Details are emphasised heavily on, and it's not your usual light-hearted manga. It's more of violence. Don't read this if you can't stomach gruesome scenes (like getting someone's head plopped off). But in other scenes, it's rather relaxing. Anyway, read this manga if you're feeling cranky.

I'm really enjoying all the mangas I have now, and I'm still looking for, the Chobits and Fullmetal Alchemist. But then again, there's the budget of mine... *sob*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:02 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Currently Reading:
--Excel Saga: I love this series! *points to sig* The manga is very different from the anime, but it's still really good.
--Yaoi or shounen-ai mangas: Mostly one-shots. I just finished Desire, and I'm reading Love Mode in scanlations. I also hope to start on Level C sometime soon.

Currently Watching:
--Maria-sama Ga Miteru (The Virgin Mary is Watching; fansub): One of my current favorites. It's about an all-girls catholic school with a souer (sister) system. It focuses on the relationship between first-year Yumi and second-year Sachiko. I full-heartedly recommend this series.
--Rozen Maiden (fansub): This tells the story about a boy who finds a doll that suddenly appears in his room. It seems she is playing a game called "The Alice Game", which turns out to be much darker than it appears to be. Everybody should watch this series! Yes, it is THAT good. It's a lot like Alien 9 in the "it's-cute-but-it's-darker-than-it-appears" level.
--Paranoia Agent: Another strange one. This one is really hard to describe. It involves an enigma called Shounen Bat that is involved in a bunch of attacks on people who feel "cornered." Very suspenseful.
--Koi Kaze: I'm going to warn everyone first and foremost that this show contains incest as a centerpiece. However, the show is surprisingly mature about the content matter, and from what I've seen so far it is very sweet.

Crystalline Academy -- Personal website.
My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:31 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

I've got some of the Excel Saga manga but I never did read it haha... Soo much text, Excel babbles like a maniac XD But I have watched the anime, fun stuff.

I have all the Chobits manga, it's a very cute and fun series. The manga and anime are a little different in tone (I think the manga goes into mroe detail). I heard the endings are somewhat different (or so I heard, I haven't watched all the anime yet).

Yeah the third book for .hack took ages, maybe because it's twice as thick. It also has a few bonus sections in the back, still haven't finished reading them all ^^

I finished watching the 3rd episode of Tsubasa Chronicle, it's good so far, although they took out the explanation of the culture of the first world to fit the format/pace of anime and it looks like it's drastically going in a bit of a different direction to the manga now, should be interesting to see if some of the scenes in the manga are still there... There's a touching scene that I hope will still be done. They could of done without all the flashback stuff though... it's only the 3rd episode, it's not like I've forgotten what happened in the first episode already (unless I had a nasty bump to the head in the span of 3 weeks ^^ )

Finished watching the Kino no Tabi movie/special too. It was good, it surprised me with a few things, so it was entertaining and as usual, makes you think. It's basically a story from when Kino was in training and still undecided about what to do in life, so it's like a prologue before she goes off on (most) of her travels in the TV series. Good stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:06 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

I haven't read or seen much of Excel Saga at all, so what's it like? And while we're on the topic, what's fansub *feels stupid asking that :shy:*

Also, I'm now hitting on the Cardcaptor Sakura and Get Backers anime. =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:30 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:
I haven't read or seen much of Excel Saga at all, so what's it like? And while we're on the topic, what's fansub *feels stupid asking that :shy:*
Excel Saga: Let's see, where should I start? The manga runs at 12 volumes (I'm not sure if it ended or a thirteenth volume just isn't out yet), while the anime has 26 episodes and different disc counts depending on where you order from. The manga is actually quite different from the anime, but I love them both.

Basically, it's a parody/satire anime and manga about a girl named Excel (Very hyper. Makes a chipmunk on speed look like a snail) who works for a secret organization called ACROSS. Along with her partner, Hyatt (Very anemic. Falls dead every episode), and their leader, Ilpalazzo (Very mysterious. Excel is in love with him), ACROSS's goal is to take over the city.

The show is very zany and gets really weird at times. Think of movies like "The Naked Gun" or "Airplane!", to give a better example.

Highly recommended, IMO. ^^

Fansubs: A fansub is basically an unlicensed anime subtitled by fans and sent around to be downloaded/ordered from. When the anime is licensed by an official company for a respective country, distributions of that series are supposed to come to a halt (which hasn't stopped some people, but those usually get their just desserts. >=D ).

My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:27 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Yeah that's what fansubs are, amazing that people actually take the time to translate for free. They even often do karaoke text on the opening and ending credits etc.
I am useless at keeping up with the latest fansub releases but last I knew, this website was good for fansub news.
http://www.envirosphere.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:51 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

this is what i'm watching:

Fruits Basket
Full Moon wo Sagashite
Kamiakaze Kaitou Jeanne
Alien 9
Ojamajo Doremi
Di Gi Charat

This is what i'm reading:

Full Moon wo Sagashite
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
Firecracker is Melancholy
Time Stranger Kyoko
Fruits Basket
I*O*N
Alien 9
Shinshi Doumei Cross
Dream Saga
Di Gi Charat
Milk Closet

(yea most of them are Arina Tanemura Mangas XD but Fruits Basket, Alien 9, Dream Saga and Di Gi Charat aren't)

Last edited by Kumi-chan on Sat May 14, 2005 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:57 pm 
Quote:
Fruits Basket
Full Moon wo Sagashite
Yay, Fruits Basket! I still haven't finished the anime, though...

I haven't seen or read much about Full Moon wo Sagashite, but I do have the full version of one of the ending themes (Something Snow...I forget what it's called at the moment. ^_^;; ) . I love it so much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:59 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:
Quote:
Fruits Basket
Full Moon wo Sagashite
Yay, Fruits Basket! I still haven't finished the anime, though...

I haven't seen or read much about Full Moon wo Sagashite, but I do have the full version of one of the ending themes (Something Snow...I forget what it's called at the moment. ^_^;; ) . I love it so much.
Oops! That was me, but I forgot to sign in. Sorry! :hide:

My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 2:49 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

I just thought of something... Does anyone know of the anime/manga called 'Mahoromatic'?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:58 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

I know of it, what it's generally about and seen the artwork etc. But I've never actually watched or read it. I've heard it's good. I was considering buying it but it seems to have loads of ecchi jokes which can be fun but repetitive so I went in favour of Someday's Dreamers instead (which is quiet but good).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 4:18 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Quote:
I know of it, what it's generally about and seen the artwork etc. But I've never actually watched or read it. I've heard it's good. I was considering buying it but it seems to have loads of ecchi jokes which can be fun but repetitive so I went in favour of Someday's Dreamers instead (which is quiet but good).
Erm... do you mean the anime/manga 'Mahoromatic', or were you referring to the posts above mine? Sry, but I'm kinda slow here... ~_~;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:09 am 
Currently watching:
Samurai 7, Saiyuki Reload (Looking forward to Saiyuki reload gunlock), monkey typhoon, Witch Hunter Robin, Stratos 4,
Woah, Alien 9 is appearing again this Sat, 5/21/05, and others, I've got a TV that shows anime every second, minute, hour, day, well basically it's 24/7 anime channel...

Currently reading:
I forgot... sorry... ~_~;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:12 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:
Currently watching:
Samurai 7, Saiyuki Reload (Looking forward to Saiyuki reload gunlock), monkey typhoon, Witch Hunter Robin, Stratos 4,
Woah, Alien 9 is appearing again this Sat, 5/21/05, and others, I've got a TV that shows anime every second, minute, hour, day, well basically it's 24/7 anime channel...

Currently reading:
I forgot... sorry... ~_~;
Ooops... that was me, I forgot to log in...
I'm sorry...

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 57 Next