Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:57 pm 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

Now this is something I wonder, now that I have read the manga I have got to ask, after the sunflower incident, what happened to Yuri's borg? I mean, did he just die? He saved Yuri but it seems they don't even acknowledge him for it, sure her memories of Kumi played a roll, but her borg did a lot and looked really hurt at the end, and he's just...tossed aside, not even mentioned again afterwards.

Seriously, what the heck!? Does anyone else see anything wrong with this?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:19 pm 
Fused Borg
Fused Borg

Yeah, it's sad that they never said what happened to him. Yuri got a new Borg in Emulators, but even though its body was the same color, its personality was totally different and Megumi said it was never able to fuse so that wasn't him.

Remember in the beginning of school in the first volume when Yuri's Borg overgrows and kills all the Borgs? Well, they brought them back when the girls came back from vacation, so I'm sure he could have survived. My guess is that Megumi gave him to another kid who joined the Alien Party next year, someone who might actually want to fuse, but we never saw this because Yuri and her friends all graduated.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:51 pm 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

Well that just bugs me, the borgs were not really treated like characters half the time, despite having personalities, the most characterization Yuri's borg, or as I like to call him, Ray got was when he tried to fuse with Yuri, that quote of his "Together forever" just sticks in your mind.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:35 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

I feel sorry for borgs. (is that the correct plural?) They obviously have personalities, and feeling for their humans, but they get treated like tools and tossed away when they're done with. It's really sad.

It would be interesting to have a character who's really bonded with their borg and sees them as an equal.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:27 pm 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

Actually I think Megumi qualifies as that, she actually cried when her borg was killed.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:44 pm 
Fused Borg
Fused Borg

This is a little off-topic, but since we're talking about Borgs, don't you think Kasumi's Borg got ripped off too? He didn't say much, but he never got to fuse with her. She was stolen by another alien. And did you remember in the manga where she was tearing at his skin? It looked like she was torturing him. I felt sorry for him.

Kasumi's Borg had little personality and lines, he just did whatever she ordered.

The, "Together Forever," moment is sort of creepy yet sad.

So, do you really think Ray is dead for good?

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:53 pm 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

Ya, I see what you mean about Kasumi's borg(or Leo, if we're going to use Ray might as well use Leo and Watt(Kumi's borg) too) did not get a good end, Kasumi was nice to him at first but it seemed like she turned him into a tool, or maybe that was Slew(mights as well use my name for Kasumi's Yellowknife too) controling Kasumi's body, still Slew did not have full controll of Kasumi so if that is it then she let it happen.

As for Ray, I really don't know, it was shown that borg's can be revived but if he was was not shown, I geuss it's up to the fanfiction writers at this point.

I was going to make a fan comic starring Ray showing what happened to him sort of, but that comic is being delayed due to my...troubled drawing skills and lack of a scanner, but a script for chapter one is written.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]