Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Fri May 14, 2021 11:59 pm

All times are UTC




Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Kasumi, dead or alive?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:46 pm 
Offline
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:21 pm
Posts: 43
Location: U.S.A.
Yes, because of a resent post I was reading the Alien 9 manga and started to think about Kasumi and the yellowknife. Is she dead or what?

I have to theories

1.) Kasumi died and was reborn as a yellowknife. (Yet still as a girl)

2.) She just bonded with the yellowknife instead of her borg. (Poor borg :()

Here’s the thing, in the manga Kasumi goes in then comes right back out of the yellowknife. Cloths n' all. But in the anime she diapers / disintegrates into the yellowknife's stomach so it leaves me to wander. #o.o#

_________________
Alien's are people to.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:22 am 
Offline
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:26 pm
Posts: 180
KumiXyuri wrote:
Yes, because of a resent post I was reading the Alien 9 manga and started to think about Kasumi and the yellowknife. Is she dead or what?

I have to theories

1.) Kasumi died and was reborn as a yellowknife. (Yet still as a girl)

2.) She just bonded with the yellowknife instead of her borg. (Poor borg :()

Here’s the thing, in the manga Kasumi goes in then comes right back out of the yellowknife. Cloths n' all. But in the anime she diapers / disintegrates into the yellowknife's stomach so it leaves me to wander. #o.o#


Good question!

From what I can make of it,Kasumi is still alive, but she hasn't fused with the yellow knife so much as becoming a host for it. The presence of the yellow knife within Kasumi is a parasite, plain and simple. It latches onto (er, into, I guess) Kasumi after swallowing her, and makes a place for itself in her mind- with the ability to take control of Kasumi physically. In the manga, Megumi asks Kasumi to let her "...talk to the yellow knife- inside you." ("you" being Kasumi) Kasumi then shuts here eyes, pauses, and reopens them. The yellow knife's multiple (3) pupils are visible, as the yellow knife is now under control of Kasumi. (this is all towards the end of book 2)

My question would be, is Kasumi ever really in control? It seems that she's a completely different person between the first book and the rest. Then again, the yellow knife really did show itself in Kasumi when Mrs. Hisikawa asked to speak to it. There seemed to be a transitional pause when Kasumi closed her eyes, and we see the yellow knife's eyes replace them. So, maybe it just lays dormant until it wants to show itself (possibly when the host is in danger only- though I doubt it).

In the end, though, I think that the yellow knife has simply added itself and it's own traits into Kasumis personality, so that it can have a part in everything she does, regardless as to whether or not the yellow knife takes over 100%. Heck, with this system, it might never have to. It seems to be one with her. This would, of course, imply that Kasumi would still be alive, having never died or been reborn in the first place. She's just, frankly, a different person than before. If you want to say there was a non-literal death of the original Kasumi, then you could- but no, I don't think Kasumi died by medical definition.

You learn just an itty-bit more about the changes she goes through after being swallowed by the yellow knife in emulators, but not a lot. And I really mean not a lot. Basically, it all comes down to this, just as Mrs. Hisikawa says: "Kumi and Kasumi are no longer human." (I couldn't find exactly where she says that, so it's not an exact quote... I think she actually says that Yuri is the only one who is still Human, or something similar... please forgive me, I have a bad headache ;_;
Bottom line though, is that Kasumi never died, but she would never be the same.

Keep in mind though, that these are only my interpretations. I could be wrong according to Hitoshi Tomizawa, the creator of Alien 9.

Hope that helps! XD

Oh yeah, and I added you as a friend on deviantart! I haven't edited my DA page in four years though, so I'm better than I used to be -~- my "latest entry" (from '06 or '07) still makes me cringe... My Kumi drawing is recent though, so I'll put that up and get started on an entry for the Halloween Contest <3 Also, my new scanner arrived today, so I'll get those Emulators scans done ASAP, but it will probably be about one week before I can get them to you. I'll have to scan them first and then edit them personally for maximum quality, but it's no problem :3 Like I said, though, a week should be enough.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:10 pm 
Offline
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:21 pm
Posts: 43
Location: U.S.A.
Quote:
Good question!

From what I can make of it,Kasumi is still alive, but she hasn't fused with the yellow knife so much as becoming a host for it. The presence of the yellow knife within Kasumi is a parasite, plain and simple. It latches onto (er, into, I guess) Kasumi after swallowing her, and makes a place for itself in her mind- with the ability to take control of Kasumi physically. In the manga, Megumi asks Kasumi to let her "...talk to the yellow knife- inside you." ("you" being Kasumi) Kasumi then shuts here eyes, pauses, and reopens them. The yellow knife's multiple (3) pupils are visible, as the yellow knife is now under control of Kasumi. (this is all towards the end of book 2)

My question would be, is Kasumi ever really in control? It seems that she's a completely different person between the first book and the rest. Then again, the yellow knife really did show itself in Kasumi when Mrs. Hisikawa asked to speak to it. There seemed to be a transitional pause when Kasumi closed her eyes, and we see the yellow knife's eyes replace them. So, maybe it just lays dormant until it wants to show itself (possibly when the host is in danger only- though I doubt it).

In the end, though, I think that the yellow knife has simply added itself and it's own traits into Kasumis personality, so that it can have a part in everything she does, regardless as to whether or not the yellow knife takes over 100%. Heck, with this system, it might never have to. It seems to be one with her. This would, of course, imply that Kasumi would still be alive, having never died or been reborn in the first place. She's just, frankly, a different person than before. If you want to say there was a non-literal death of the original Kasumi, then you could- but no, I don't think Kasumi died by medical definition.

You learn just an itty-bit more about the changes she goes through after being swallowed by the yellow knife in emulators, but not a lot. And I really mean not a lot. Basically, it all comes down to this, just as Mrs. Hisikawa says: "Kumi and Kasumi are no longer human." (I couldn't find exactly where she says that, so it's not an exact quote... I think she actually says that Yuri is the only one who is still Human, or something similar... please forgive me, I have a bad headache ;_;
Bottom line though, is that Kasumi never died, but she would never be the same.

Keep in mind though, that these are only my interpretations. I could be wrong according to Hitoshi Tomizawa, the creator of Alien 9.

Hope that helps! XD

Oh yeah, and I added you as a friend on deviantart! I haven't edited my DA page in four years though, so I'm better than I used to be -~- my "latest entry" (from '06 or '07) still makes me cringe... My Kumi drawing is recent though, so I'll put that up and get started on an entry for the Halloween Contest <3 Also, my new scanner arrived today, so I'll get those Emulators scans done ASAP, but it will probably be about one week before I can get them to you. I'll have to scan them first and then edit them personally for maximum quality, but it's no problem :3 Like I said, though, a week should be enough.


O.K. Thank you.

But one thing first, if you canse and put it on D/A you'll get into trouble.
just incase. I would hat that to happen. I'll see ya on D/a.
Can't wait to see your art work.

Sorry about your headack. -~-

_________________
Alien's are people to.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:54 am 
Offline
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:26 pm
Posts: 180
KumiXyuri wrote:
O.K. Thank you.

But one thing first, if you canse and put it on D/A you'll get into trouble.
just incase. I would hat that to happen. I'll see ya on D/a.
Can't wait to see your art work.

Sorry about your headack. -~-


Oh, you mean don't put the Emulators scans on DA? I never planned on doing it that way- I'll just send them to you via email, at your yahoo address (unless there is another address you would prefer; if so, please just tell me)

And thanks, my head is 100% back to normal, pain free XD There must have been a yellow knife in close proximity that brought on such a migraine .o.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:39 am 
Offline
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:21 pm
Posts: 43
Location: U.S.A.
Quote:
Oh, you mean don't put the Emulators scans on DA? I never planned on doing it that way- I'll just send them to you via email, at your yahoo address (unless there is another address you would prefer; if so, please just tell me)

And thanks, my head is 100% back to normal, pain free XD There must have been a yellow knife in close proximity that brought on such a migraine .o.


aHA! fINSLY! AND INSIDE i JOCK I UNDERSTAND ^-^ HAPPY NOW. gLADE TO HEAR THE YELLOWKNIFE SELDED DOWN THAN....Caps lock
*=_= To lazy to tryp it again*

Thank you, No that E-mail is fine, because mother stol mine.

_________________
Alien's are people to.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:48 am 
Offline
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:26 pm
Posts: 180
KumiXyuri wrote:

aHA! fINSLY! AND INSIDE i JOCK I UNDERSTAND ^-^ HAPPY NOW. gLADE TO HEAR THE YELLOWKNIFE SELDED DOWN THAN....Caps lock
*=_= To lazy to tryp it again*

Thank you, No that E-mail is fine, because mother stol mine.


YESSSSS! XD And it's ok- caps lock happens @~@
Sweet, I'll send them to you via your yahoo email then ^^ Like I said, gimme a bit more time and you'll receive the scans- a little less than a week should be all I need now :3


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:23 pm 
Offline
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:21 pm
Posts: 43
Location: U.S.A.
Repo Baxil wrote:
KumiXyuri wrote:

aHA! fINSLY! AND INSIDE i JOCK I UNDERSTAND ^-^ HAPPY NOW. gLADE TO HEAR THE YELLOWKNIFE SELDED DOWN THAN....Caps lock
*=_= To lazy to tryp it again*

Thank you, No that E-mail is fine, because mother stol mine.


YESSSSS! XD And it's ok- caps lock happens @~@
Sweet, I'll send them to you via your yahoo email then ^^ Like I said, gimme a bit more time and you'll receive the scans- a little less than a week should be all I need now :3


O.K! I hope that's soon
And I hope you get your sound card fix soon.

bye-bye

_________________
Alien's are people to.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:19 am 
Offline
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:26 pm
Posts: 180
KumiXyuri wrote:

O.K! I hope that's soon
And I hope you get your sound card fix soon.

bye-bye


It will be, I promise XD


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:04 am 
Offline
New Student
New Student
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:57 am
Posts: 8
Location: Washington, USA
It never occured to me that she died, but that's an interesting theory. I think she most likely lived, just as an alien.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:21 pm 
Offline
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:35 pm
Posts: 2010
I never read the manga, but in my fanfic Kasumi and Yellowknife(named Slew in my fanfic) are simply sharing a body.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited