Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:43 am 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

It's been a while, isn't it? ^^

I know the topics I started don't usually last long, but I just love thinking about the series that I love. This time, I'm just going to post questions about the teachers and the Alien Party and see what you think.

Who's side are they on, anyway?

How did the the teachers get fused in the first place? Are they one of the first humans to volunteer for the fusing process or did they go through the same process as the girls?

Just two for now. Maybe I'm going to post some more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:15 pm 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

I think that the teachers had to go through the same thing the girls went through. That would be funny to see Ms. Hisakawa catching aliens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:07 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

I think all the adults pretty much have given up when it comes to fighting against the alien invasion. By what Hisakawa was saying to Kumi (after Kumi had to fuse), it seems that they have no choice in the matter and that they therefore try to make the best of a bad situation.
The first alien discovered, I think, was in 2008... and... correct me if I'm wrong (because I really can't remember) I think the anime is the year 2013?? I don't know. But Yuri, Kumi etc. were born in 2002... And they're in 6th grade... which I'm assuming if when you're about age 11?? I'm from the UK and we don't have 'grades' just 'years'
I'm guessing aliens have only been around for 5 years? Again I haven't got all the info here so my dates might be wrong. But assuming that is right, then I think that the teachers were probably already adults...

That actually is kind of confusing then, since we don't see other adults with borgs. Perhaps the borgs were very strategic about who they chose and felt teachers would be smart and educated enough to handle it and that they'd be in a good position to take control over the children if they chose teachers. But our info is limited since the anime focuses just on this 1 school. For all we know, there might be similar situations in other places. The 4th manga book shows that its going on in high school as well. Perhaps certain workplaces aswell or even the leaders of the countries!

I think the people like the teachers and other adults, who were already adults at the time of the first landing and so were fully aware of its implications (whereas the upcoming generations like Yuri who'd of been 5 or 6 at the time would not of understood), probably did fight against it initially. But perhaps the borgs told them of the other types of aliens that could come... as the teachers seem to already know about other clans like the sunflower clan etc. It seems like the fused humans have been given access to priveledged info on such things.

But I'm not so sure other adults and people in the world (children too of course) know as much about the other clans and the 'training'. Or if they do know of the other alien races in the world, then perhaps they're fooled into thinking that all the creatures their 'alien catcher' kids have to fight at school are sent by those clans. They are all probably 'OK' about it because they feel that humans (their kids) are totally in control of the borgs... and maybe the parents etc. don't know so much about the fusing etc.

Hisakawa seemed to imply that the drill/borg clan were the best of a bad bunch, as the other clans supposedly would be more violent I guess (like the sunflower clan) or potentially more pscyholigally manipulative (the yellow knife clan perhaps... since Kasumi seems to really lose it at times and eventually separates I think?). I think eventually the drill clan and the humans came to an understanding and learned to live together as one, reluctantly. Probably though it wasn't a unanimous decision.... as Yuri proves. But others seem to just accept it, although as I said only some seem to have priviledged info so perhaps they dont know what theyre getting into!
Some adults probably were blinded by personal involvement too when giving in... Hisakawa seems to see the borg as the comforting partner she never had (or once had?) and learnt to depend on it, as her reaction shows when it is taking from her. In those cases the drill clan probably gives them what they want and so they allowed them into their lives, since the other choices (the other clans) seem to be less reliable.

So in short I think they are on the side of the kids overall, or at least in their minds they are. But since they don't seem to be forthcoming with information (like where the creatures they catch are coming from) then I think that they aren't giving them a choice in the matter which is unfair.
Although when talking about Hisakawa in particular, we have to factor in human failings too... her selfishness makes the 'competition' of training children to handle borgs fiercer than it should be, as that other teacher tells her she's being rough on the kids so I don't think its the 'usual' thing. She pushes them too hard but that's just Hisakawa herself making a personal mistake.

Just my speculation... Interesting question. ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:02 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Oh, that makes sense. So Ms.Hisakawa fused not to long ago 'cause the aliens came five years before.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]