Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:59 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

This is something to think about, if their was an Alien Nine video game, what kind of game would it be? What would the story be, an adaption of the original storyline, or a new story?

This is what the topic is to discuss about, I'll post some ideas myself when I've had more time to think about it, but for now, discuss.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:03 am 
New Student
New Student

the only idea i can think of for this kind of game is in terms of gameplay is if Alien Swarm was an FPS.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:53 pm 
Fused Borg
Fused Borg

I was thinking a game where you run around and catch the aliens in nets, like that monkey game Ape Escape, except it's called alien escape.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:38 pm 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

I was personally thinking an RPG of some sort might work, though I'm not sure what the storyline would be, perhaps something about an outbreak of aliens.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:43 am 
Fused Borg
Fused Borg

Okay, but what kind of fighting style do you want? Will it be turned based, like Pokemon or Final Fantasy? Or will it be an action oriented game where you have to move right away and literally chase down the aliens?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:56 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

Um...I may be misunderstanding your post, but it sounds kind of like you think I'm actually making a game, sorry if I'm just being stupid here, but I must point out that there is no game.

As for battle style, not sure, I'm a big fan of Pokémon, but I'm not sure if that style of battle really fits Alien Nine, perhaps the second one you describe would be better for capturing the feel of the alien attacks from the anime and manga.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:36 pm 
Fused Borg
Fused Borg

I know you were just speculating. I don't know if anyone on this forum can actually program.

So what do you want the story to be? Shall we take from the manga, with the attack of the sunflower aliens and the Yellow Knife, or make up our own plot?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:38 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

I want to learn to program, but I don't think anyone on the forum knows how to program as of now, but you don't need to know how to program to use Game maker, or RPG maker, but I do not know how to use or have ether of those, but I should look into that in the near future.

And as for the storyline, perhaps it should take off where the show left off, and go a somewhat different route than the manga went, would we want the final boss to be something like Yellow Knife, or go all out with an Alien Overlord kind of thing?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:07 am 
New Student
New Student

how about a multiplayer survival horror-style game.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:56 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

I think I know what you're talking about, sounds like something that would work, by the way, do you think Alien Nine is more suited for 2D or 3D, I personally see it as more of a 3D game type.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:56 am 
Fused Borg
Fused Borg

I could see Alien Nine being made into a horror game, from Yuri's point of view. You never know when an alien could jump out at you and start eating your face! Or drills jumping out at the screen!

I think it could work in either 2D or 3D, but we might as well work with the more advanced technology and make it 3D.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:05 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

If it were an official game, yes, 3D would be good, not likely to happen, but I agree.

Though, if we were to try making the game, with say, Game Maker, or something similar, 2D would be the more practical choice.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:44 am 
New Student
New Student

in my opinion, what you said souns like the mokey game Ape Escape. howeverm it is called alien escape.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:35 am 
New Student
New Student

That is good sugestions and look useful XD

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]