Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Kasumi, dead or alive?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:46 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Yes, because of a resent post I was reading the Alien 9 manga and started to think about Kasumi and the yellowknife. Is she dead or what?

I have to theories

1.) Kasumi died and was reborn as a yellowknife. (Yet still as a girl)

2.) She just bonded with the yellowknife instead of her borg. (Poor borg :()

Here’s the thing, in the manga Kasumi goes in then comes right back out of the yellowknife. Cloths n' all. But in the anime she diapers / disintegrates into the yellowknife's stomach so it leaves me to wander. #o.o#

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:22 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
Yes, because of a resent post I was reading the Alien 9 manga and started to think about Kasumi and the yellowknife. Is she dead or what?

I have to theories

1.) Kasumi died and was reborn as a yellowknife. (Yet still as a girl)

2.) She just bonded with the yellowknife instead of her borg. (Poor borg :()

Here’s the thing, in the manga Kasumi goes in then comes right back out of the yellowknife. Cloths n' all. But in the anime she diapers / disintegrates into the yellowknife's stomach so it leaves me to wander. #o.o#
Good question!

From what I can make of it,Kasumi is still alive, but she hasn't fused with the yellow knife so much as becoming a host for it. The presence of the yellow knife within Kasumi is a parasite, plain and simple. It latches onto (er, into, I guess) Kasumi after swallowing her, and makes a place for itself in her mind- with the ability to take control of Kasumi physically. In the manga, Megumi asks Kasumi to let her "...talk to the yellow knife- inside you." ("you" being Kasumi) Kasumi then shuts here eyes, pauses, and reopens them. The yellow knife's multiple (3) pupils are visible, as the yellow knife is now under control of Kasumi. (this is all towards the end of book 2)

My question would be, is Kasumi ever really in control? It seems that she's a completely different person between the first book and the rest. Then again, the yellow knife really did show itself in Kasumi when Mrs. Hisikawa asked to speak to it. There seemed to be a transitional pause when Kasumi closed her eyes, and we see the yellow knife's eyes replace them. So, maybe it just lays dormant until it wants to show itself (possibly when the host is in danger only- though I doubt it).

In the end, though, I think that the yellow knife has simply added itself and it's own traits into Kasumis personality, so that it can have a part in everything she does, regardless as to whether or not the yellow knife takes over 100%. Heck, with this system, it might never have to. It seems to be one with her. This would, of course, imply that Kasumi would still be alive, having never died or been reborn in the first place. She's just, frankly, a different person than before. If you want to say there was a non-literal death of the original Kasumi, then you could- but no, I don't think Kasumi died by medical definition.

You learn just an itty-bit more about the changes she goes through after being swallowed by the yellow knife in emulators, but not a lot. And I really mean not a lot. Basically, it all comes down to this, just as Mrs. Hisikawa says: "Kumi and Kasumi are no longer human." (I couldn't find exactly where she says that, so it's not an exact quote... I think she actually says that Yuri is the only one who is still Human, or something similar... please forgive me, I have a bad headache ;_;
Bottom line though, is that Kasumi never died, but she would never be the same.

Keep in mind though, that these are only my interpretations. I could be wrong according to Hitoshi Tomizawa, the creator of Alien 9.

Hope that helps! XD

Oh yeah, and I added you as a friend on deviantart! I haven't edited my DA page in four years though, so I'm better than I used to be -~- my "latest entry" (from '06 or '07) still makes me cringe... My Kumi drawing is recent though, so I'll put that up and get started on an entry for the Halloween Contest <3 Also, my new scanner arrived today, so I'll get those Emulators scans done ASAP, but it will probably be about one week before I can get them to you. I'll have to scan them first and then edit them personally for maximum quality, but it's no problem :3 Like I said, though, a week should be enough.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:10 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Quote:
Good question!

From what I can make of it,Kasumi is still alive, but she hasn't fused with the yellow knife so much as becoming a host for it. The presence of the yellow knife within Kasumi is a parasite, plain and simple. It latches onto (er, into, I guess) Kasumi after swallowing her, and makes a place for itself in her mind- with the ability to take control of Kasumi physically. In the manga, Megumi asks Kasumi to let her "...talk to the yellow knife- inside you." ("you" being Kasumi) Kasumi then shuts here eyes, pauses, and reopens them. The yellow knife's multiple (3) pupils are visible, as the yellow knife is now under control of Kasumi. (this is all towards the end of book 2)

My question would be, is Kasumi ever really in control? It seems that she's a completely different person between the first book and the rest. Then again, the yellow knife really did show itself in Kasumi when Mrs. Hisikawa asked to speak to it. There seemed to be a transitional pause when Kasumi closed her eyes, and we see the yellow knife's eyes replace them. So, maybe it just lays dormant until it wants to show itself (possibly when the host is in danger only- though I doubt it).

In the end, though, I think that the yellow knife has simply added itself and it's own traits into Kasumis personality, so that it can have a part in everything she does, regardless as to whether or not the yellow knife takes over 100%. Heck, with this system, it might never have to. It seems to be one with her. This would, of course, imply that Kasumi would still be alive, having never died or been reborn in the first place. She's just, frankly, a different person than before. If you want to say there was a non-literal death of the original Kasumi, then you could- but no, I don't think Kasumi died by medical definition.

You learn just an itty-bit more about the changes she goes through after being swallowed by the yellow knife in emulators, but not a lot. And I really mean not a lot. Basically, it all comes down to this, just as Mrs. Hisikawa says: "Kumi and Kasumi are no longer human." (I couldn't find exactly where she says that, so it's not an exact quote... I think she actually says that Yuri is the only one who is still Human, or something similar... please forgive me, I have a bad headache ;_;
Bottom line though, is that Kasumi never died, but she would never be the same.

Keep in mind though, that these are only my interpretations. I could be wrong according to Hitoshi Tomizawa, the creator of Alien 9.

Hope that helps! XD

Oh yeah, and I added you as a friend on deviantart! I haven't edited my DA page in four years though, so I'm better than I used to be -~- my "latest entry" (from '06 or '07) still makes me cringe... My Kumi drawing is recent though, so I'll put that up and get started on an entry for the Halloween Contest <3 Also, my new scanner arrived today, so I'll get those Emulators scans done ASAP, but it will probably be about one week before I can get them to you. I'll have to scan them first and then edit them personally for maximum quality, but it's no problem :3 Like I said, though, a week should be enough.
O.K. Thank you.

But one thing first, if you canse and put it on D/A you'll get into trouble.
just incase. I would hat that to happen. I'll see ya on D/a.
Can't wait to see your art work.

Sorry about your headack. -~-

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:54 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
O.K. Thank you.

But one thing first, if you canse and put it on D/A you'll get into trouble.
just incase. I would hat that to happen. I'll see ya on D/a.
Can't wait to see your art work.

Sorry about your headack. -~-
Oh, you mean don't put the Emulators scans on DA? I never planned on doing it that way- I'll just send them to you via email, at your yahoo address (unless there is another address you would prefer; if so, please just tell me)

And thanks, my head is 100% back to normal, pain free XD There must have been a yellow knife in close proximity that brought on such a migraine .o.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:39 am 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Quote:
Oh, you mean don't put the Emulators scans on DA? I never planned on doing it that way- I'll just send them to you via email, at your yahoo address (unless there is another address you would prefer; if so, please just tell me)

And thanks, my head is 100% back to normal, pain free XD There must have been a yellow knife in close proximity that brought on such a migraine .o.
aHA! fINSLY! AND INSIDE i JOCK I UNDERSTAND ^-^ HAPPY NOW. gLADE TO HEAR THE YELLOWKNIFE SELDED DOWN THAN....Caps lock
*=_= To lazy to tryp it again*

Thank you, No that E-mail is fine, because mother stol mine.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:48 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:

aHA! fINSLY! AND INSIDE i JOCK I UNDERSTAND ^-^ HAPPY NOW. gLADE TO HEAR THE YELLOWKNIFE SELDED DOWN THAN....Caps lock

YESSSSS! XD And it's ok- caps lock happens @~@
Sweet, I'll send them to you via your yahoo email then ^^ Like I said, gimme a bit more time and you'll receive the scans- a little less than a week should be all I need now :3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:23 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Quote:
Quote:

YESSSSS! XD And it's ok- caps lock happens @~@
Sweet, I'll send them to you via your yahoo email then ^^ Like I said, gimme a bit more time and you'll receive the scans- a little less than a week should be all I need now :3
O.K! I hope that's soon
And I hope you get your sound card fix soon.

bye-bye

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:19 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:

O.K! I hope that's soon
And I hope you get your sound card fix soon.

bye-bye
It will be, I promise XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:04 am 
New Student
New Student

It never occured to me that she died, but that's an interesting theory. I think she most likely lived, just as an alien.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:21 pm 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

I never read the manga, but in my fanfic Kasumi and Yellowknife(named Slew in my fanfic) are simply sharing a body.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]