Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:52 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Typoglycemiaaaaa
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:42 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.

Reminds me of like, a 13 year old angsters LJ entry.

BUT THE DIFFERENCE IS...I CAN READ THIS! *rimshot*

just thought id enterntain :D *slithers*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:56 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Hehe yeah that's been passed around for awhile, it is pretty interesting and it's cool how the mind works. But I would hope that people not write like that @_@

Sometimes though certain people on forums seem to make up their own writing style. I won't give examples because I'd rather not they come kill me hehe. But it can be pretty annoying.... Depends what their "style" is (if it's nothing bad then naturally it makes no difference). But if it's awkward to read and they do it *every* post because it's their "style" it is frustrating. The effort to write the way they do doesn't seem worth it! -_-

Don't mind me ._.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:05 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:
Hehe yeah that's been passed around for awhile, it is pretty interesting and it's cool how the mind works. But I would hope that people not write like that since although it's true you can read almost every word, some words make you pause (maybe I'm just tired) and it's not very fluent. @_@

Sometimes though certain people on forums seem to make up their own writing style. I won't give examples because I'd rather not they come kill me hehe. But it can be pretty annoying.... Depends what their "style" is (if it's nothing bad then naturally it makes no difference). But if it's awkward to read and they do it *every* post because it's their "style" it is frustrating and you just wish they'd stop putting in so much effort to be difficult and say what they have to say and leave it at that! -_-

Don't mind me ._.
I think I know what you mean. I'm pretty anal about spelling and grammar myself. I can understand if someone is new to a language, but if they're fluent in said-language and they're "tYpInG lIkE tHiS" or "omg Im sooooo iretating evry1 i roxxors LOL!!!!!!1111oneoneeleven", then I get annoyed.

Crystalline Academy -- Personal website.
My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:38 pm 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

"ONGZ1111!! IM S0 C001 AN 133T T4TLOL I D0NT N33D T3H SP31 C0R3CTL13!!111oneLOLoneleven!!11 I R0KK3RZZ!!1111ONEONESPAZlollolONE!!11"

People that type like this scare me. >_>;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:40 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

It really makes you wonder about them, doesn't it? ._.

My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:42 pm 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

Makes me wonder if they have attention issues. Or if there's something wrong with them. @_@

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:53 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

What kind of attention issues? ._. You can have attention disabilities such as ADD and still type correctly. <----*living proof of that*

Attention whores, maybe? I would have to vote on that one.

My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:18 pm 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

Yeah, attention whores. That's what I meant. ^_^;;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:30 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

wow..I can read it too but it's so spammy like...

Post subject: Re: Typoglycemiaaaaa
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:37 pm 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

Quote:
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmoratnt
I first read about this in a Ripley's Believe It or Not! book. It's so cool how the mind works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:30 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

IS SO KOOL HUH LOLOLOLASANGELES!11

*lasers zap her caps button*

...well thats the end of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 3:07 am 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

Quote:
IS SO KOOL HUH LOLOLOLASANGELES!11

*lasers zap her caps button*

...well thats the end of that.
That should happen to every person who abuses the poor, missused Caps button. Then sixty bazillion Caps buttons would be saved every day! xD;

*revised edition of zucchini's "KOOL" writing*(My scincere apologies to the Caps button):L0L0L0L0L0L IZ S0 K3W1 HUH, L0L0L0L0S4NG313Z!11!111ONEONEILYK3PI33!!11ONEONESPAZELEVENTY!11
*zappity-zap* Whoops..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:39 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

This year I'm seriously going to write an essay for school like that. I'll also do one in "1337 speak"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:52 am 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

Quote:
This year I'm seriously going to write an essay for school like that. I'll also do one in "1337 speak"
That's a great idea! Your teachers will probably be like "WTF??" on the "1337" one. xD

It will also show the the english teachers have absolutely no affect in what they're teaching. ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:15 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Our teacher in Psychology class passed that around to us and many people were like "What the...?!"
I've seen that posted at so many places around the internet... x_X I understand it

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next