Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:48 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:08 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

So outside of anime, are there any TV shows that you love?
You can also mention movies if you like.

I don't watch that much TV anymore but when I do I usually stick to Comedy, Fantasy or Sci-Fi etc. Basically all fictional or silly stuff ^^ So as you can imagine, all the reality TV shows that are pretty popular these days haven't hooked me ._.

I used to watch The X-Files back when it was on during the 1990s and loved it. Especially Mulder! I now have the whole series on DVD. Plus the movie.

For comedy I love the silly humour of Monty Python and have the whole series on DVD. I need to get the movies on DVD sometime. I also have a couple of Monty Python computer games (originally I sold them because I needed money to buy more games then regretted it for years and finally managed to buy them back).
And I like Red Dwarf, The Young Ones
I also like a lesser known programme called The Adam and Joe Show that used to be on British TV in the 1990s. It was basically two blokes in their bedroom doing funny skits and (best of all) parodies with stuffed toys and Star Wars figures. Fantastic stuff. Too bad they only released a "Best Of" DVD and thats it (well worth buying though)! But I got the episodes from recordings....
I recently discovered The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Boy have I been missing out, Douglas Adams is great (there I was thinking it was just some kind of odd-named guide book or something... -~- )

I also recently discovered the Doctor Who series (longest running sci-fi series. Over 40 years. Something else I've been missing out on like Hitchikers! Well I was always aware of it though, since it's part of British pop culture). It's also in the midst of a revival with a new series recently. My favourite person to be in the lead role though is this guy, the Fourth Doctor who was in it during the late 1970s (extremely popular during that period), he's very nifty. (Psst... I made a fansite... but I'm not making it very public yet cos I'm still working on it... here ).
Looking forward to the new series in 2006 and Christmas special.

And well everyones gotta love the Muppets right? I'm really looking forward to buying the Muppet Show coming out on DVD soon. And Fraggle Rock also coming on DVD.... So much fun. That's like over 40 episodes of muppet mania.... heaven.

An old kids show I love is Roger and the Rottentrolls.... very funny. Originally (not many people probably know this though, but I listened to it as a kid and adored it) it was a short kids audio story but later it became a TV series. I love the episode where they're mimicking comic book heroes, and because the one troll is kicked out the main gang he decides to make his own hero team called the Barrel Rangers (cue shots of people in barrels) "Go go Barrel Ranger 1!" *barrel falls over* "Ack!"

Well... lots of shows really I'm gonna stop rambling now, maybe I'll think of more shows to reccomend later :cheer: ... In more recent news I'm enjoying the Catherine Tate comedy show that's on British TV at the moment. Funny skit show. I don't watch much TV so it's one of the very few things I do watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:23 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Everybody love Raymond, CSI, The Daily Show and Reno 911 are some of my favorite shows. As for movies, theres really too many to list. I'll just do my top 5.

1) Big Fish
2) Star Wars: Episode 3
3) Blade
4) The Incredibles
5) War of the Worlds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:30 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

War of the Worlds, the new film? (or the old one which I think was in the 1950s... or something)?
Haven't seen the new one yet but I will.
My introduction to War of the Worlds was through a member of my family playing the spooky/creepy musical version a few times when I was a kid. Fantastic music.

One of these days I think I'm going to have to see what 24 is all about. It seems highly popular... But I haven't built up enough enthusiasm to catch it on TV (I'm so lazy). Hmm Keifer Sutherland is cool though so thats incentive ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:32 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

The newer version of War of the Worlds. I haven't seen 24 so I can't tell you how it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:08 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

That movie looks awsem but haven't seen it yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:23 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

My favourite shows and movie? Well, since I'm still a kid at heart, I still watch cartoons. My favourite cartoons would be Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Codename: Kid Next Door, Spongebob Squarepants, and Hey Arnold. Other than cartoons, I don't watch too much TV but I sometimes watch Mr. Bean, The Simpsons, documentaries, and local variety shows.

As for movies, not very much. My favourite would be Kungfu Hustle, Johnny English, and Suicide Circle. I'm sure if I had the time to watch movies, I would like even more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:32 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Quote:
My favourite shows and movie? Well, since I'm still a kid at heart, I still watch cartoons. My favourite cartoons would be Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Codename: Kid Next Door, Spongebob Squarepants, and Hey Arnold. Other than cartoons, I don't watch too much TV but I sometimes watch Mr. Bean, The Simpsons, documentaries, and local variety shows.

As for movies, not very much. My favourite would be Kungfu Hustle, Johnny English, and Suicide Circle. I'm sure if I had the time to watch movies, I would like even more.
I completely forgot about Fosters! I love that show. (So does my brother, he got me into it Image)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:22 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
I completely forgot about Fosters! I love that show. (So does my brother, he got me into it Image)
I love Foster's too. Best cartoon on TV at the moment in my opinion. Very funny, cute, lovely music... great!
I'm very impressed that it's done in Flash and Illustrator.

And I'll always be a kid at heart. I'll never stop watching cartoons and they can be enjoyed at any age anyway so who cares! ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:58 pm 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

I like Foster's too. Bloo is so funny. I also like Spongebob, Drake and Josh, Megas XLR, and The Suite life of Zack and Cody. There are way more but those are the ones I watch the most. For movies I like too many and can't think of them all right now, so, I won't do that part until I get a pre-made list. That way I will name them all!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 12:34 am 
Fused Borg
Fused Borg

Has anyone heard of Invader Zim or Animorphs? They're both science fiction. Zim was a cartoon on Nick, the same place Spongebob is on. Animorphs isn't a T.V. show. It's a book series but they did make a movie on it a long time ago. The movie was awful compared to the books.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2006 9:03 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

"Shaft, pigs and diamonds" is the best black humour movie I have seen in my entire life! I've never laugh so much with those surrealistic situations...

Foster... is funny but, maybe, I'm too old because I can't understand all the jokes (but still being cool and cute XD).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:02 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

I seen Invader Zim. That show freaked me out alittle. It was pretty disgusting to me though. The last time I saw it I was like 2 years ago or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:23 am 
Fused Borg
Fused Borg

Zim is pretty disgusting, but so is Alien Nine. I guess it is a matter of taste whether you like it or not. My friend couldn't stand Zim either because of all the screaming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 3:49 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Yeah they are both pretty disgusting but know I can handle it. I was pretty young when I saw Invader Zim too though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 7:12 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
Animorphs isn't a T.V. show. It's a book series but they did make a movie on it a long time ago. The movie was awful compared to the books.
They made a TV series too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animorphs_(TV_series)

I think I may of seen an episode or two back when it first aired. Didn't really interest me at the time but the idea of morphing into different animals is pretty cool.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next