Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:50 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 12 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:22 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

I love video games. :cheer:

I have Nintendo, Sega, Playstation and Playstation 2.

I love games, but I'm so lazy when it comes to finishing a game. XD

I've finished Disney games, and Sonic The Hedgehog, Evil Zone and The X-Files. I'm working on finishing The Legend of the Dragoon, but I get so busy with other things.
I also really want to finish Chrono Cross.

Has anyone else played Evil Zone? It's a very neat game. It's also called Eretzvaju. It's set up to look like an anime series, and you play different characters and they each have their own theme song and set-up for a show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:26 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Which X-Files game did you play?
There was one called just X-Files I think which was an interactive movie game. I was really dissapointed with that one, as much as I like The X-Files it was rather boring. I love interactive movie games but they're almost extinct now and I remember this game getting bad reviews which probably contributed to the whole idea that interactive movie games are dull (which they're not if they have good characters and plot. Like the Tex Murphy series which I adore, Black Dahlia, Gabriel Knight 2 etc.). Having sad that its not that bad. But I did finish it really quick and I was hoping to get to see alot of Mulder and Scully and perhaps even play as one of them... But instead you play some rookie FBI agent and Mulder and Scully have only short scenes as far as I recall. I love Mulder so you can bet I was most looking forward to seeing him, but it takes ages to find him, and its only for a short time when hes on screen.... BAH! I don't think I was that impressed with the ending either. But I have re-bought it again (I was so dissapointed I got rid of it haha), maybe I'll like it better if I play it again. Besides getting to walk around the FBI offices and see the various characters and so on is still cool.

The console game Resist or Serve that was released is SO much better. Although its a shame you don't get footage of the real Mulder and Scully due to it being CGI now. But actually getting to play as them and have it narrated by the real actors is great. Afterall... its shallow to say it I guess but Mulder and Scully really made the show. Of course all the fascinating plots give it weight and depth and intrigue. But those two characters are fantastic. And when you get an X-Files game you expect to see them. So its great they're the starring roles in this as it should be. And the plot is pretty good too, and lots of gripping action. The ending boss went on for ages though, I'm sorry to say I had to cheat because I got up to the last stage and I couldn't stand going back through the ... like... 5 hard stages or whatever it was just to potentially die again!
I only played as Mulder because... I fancy Mulder :shy: haha. I can't be bothered to play through Scullys version.... all that cutting up guts and I don't know if theres that much difference between the two sides anyway.... You'd probably still have to sit through alot of familiar dialogue. Maybe someday though.

I haven't heard of Evil Zone, is it a Playstation game? I might check it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:00 am 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

I recently got Pikmin for the Gamecube. I like it a lot. But I'm not too good at keeping my pikmin alive.. I always end up accidently killing them with those bomb-rocks or drowning them. -o-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:43 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

I'm currently playing War Craft 3 Frozen Throne. I know it's years old but I got addicted to D.O.T.A. (Defense of the Ancients).

Does anybody here play D.O.T.A??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:20 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:
Which X-Files game did you play?

I haven't heard of Evil Zone, is it a Playstation game? I might check it out.
I played "The X-Files" game. It came out for playstation.

And Evil Zone did come out for the Playstation. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:22 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Halo 2 is the one for me. I don't have a game console though, just a computer and an SP. I also love Rollercoaster Tycoon. I have 1 and 2, with 3 expansion packs.

(I haven't played too many new games, but I've seen them)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:23 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

Some of my favorite video games right now are Sonic, Tetris, and Pokemon (OMG!). Pokemon is fun once you recconect back into it. It's like going back in time, you know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:28 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Katamari is addictive.

You play as a little.... being and roll up a bunch of items and try to make your katamari big. At the end of the game, you can roll up continents XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:21 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
I played "The X-Files" game. It came out for playstation.

And Evil Zone did come out for the Playstation. :D
Cool that must be the movie one then. I rebought it because it is fun to explore the X-Files world. Maybe if I play it again I'll enjoy it more this time being less critical too :cheer: I was just dissapointed at not getting more Mulder haha... those were the days ^^

Cool, thanks for the info about Evil Zone! ^^
Quote:
Halo 2 is the one for me. I don't have a game console though, just a computer and an SP. I also love Rollercoaster Tycoon. I have 1 and 2, with 3 expansion packs.

(I haven't played too many new games, but I've seen them)
I loved Theme Park! ^^
Quote:
Some of my favorite video games right now are Sonic, Tetris, and Pokemon (OMG!). Pokemon is fun once you recconect back into it. It's like going back in time, you know?
Kumi-chan's gone retro! Some of the older games are still the best. I bought a compilation of Sonic Games for Playstation 2 recently. I've got Tetris for my Gameboy Colour. Pokemon, I got Pokemon Yellow and played it for quite awhile but then got bored towards the end ._. I found it getting repetitive but its cool you're getting back into it! ^^ I think some of the newer Pokemon games like the Stadium etc. with 3D effects look quite interesting. And I don't care what people say about it being inferior or over-hyped anime, it is repetiive (it is aimed more for kids afterall) but I still think the Pokemon anime is OK. And the films (beyond the 2nd one) are interesting! The first and 2nd film for me lacked structure... And the 'ultimate battle' in the first film looked more like multiple games of tug-o-war to me! ._.
Quote:
Katamari is addictive.

You play as a little.... being and roll up a bunch of items and try to make your katamari big. At the end of the game, you can roll up continents
That one seems really popular! Might just have to see what all the fuss is about someday
^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:53 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

I just recently got the Game Boy Advanced version of my first Final Fantasy, FFIV, and am about halfway through with it. Ah, the memories! With a bunch of older games being re-released for GBA, I would kill for a GBA version of Illusion of Gaia (not really, but you get the idea). ^^

I'm still on my first round of Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. I'm at the Firewall, but I've just been so busy lately that I haven't had much time to play it. That and I'm taking my sweet time leveling up my characters and doing a bunch of item creation.

I want Valkyrie Profile (PS1, also by Tri-Ace) so badly. Too bad it's out of print and REALLY expensive. I hear they're re-releasing it for the PSP in time for the second one sometime in the future. Now the only problem is I'm broke and I don't have a PSP. =/

Crystalline Academy -- Personal website.
My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:28 am 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

Have you ever found yourself feeling sorry for a game character because they keep getting stuck in bad games? I feel sorry for Spyro. The first few Spyro games were really good and lots of fun. The current ones... well, they suck. Poor Spyro. You used to be so cool. :comfort:

I will admit that I still play Pokemon games.*stands proud* They're fun, in an old friend sort of way. I've been playing Pokemon since I got my first Gameboy color. The show though... I stopped watching it a long time ago. It just seemed so stupid to me. Though I sometimes check in now and again. :hide: Now the movies, I like those. I own the second and fourth one, and two tapes with some old episodes on them. I also have an ooold Sonic movie. My fave characters are Knuckles and Tails. Go them!

Final Fantasy.. never played any of the games. I watched my cousin play FF7 though. ^_^;; I asked my mom to get me FF8 for Christmas last year, but I got Kingdom Hearts instead. Oh well, I still got a cool game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:42 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

I didn't even know they made more than 2 Spyro games...
The first Spyro game was great!

I don't think anyone should be ashamed of Pokemon, it was popular at the time for a reason. It was fun and entertaining. But it did get repetitive and old after some time, ultimately it is aimed at kids though so you can't expect too much from it. But as lightweight entertainment its fine. I still have some episodes on VHS tape recorded from the TV but haven't watched them in years. I think I have all the movies. The 1st and 2nd were dissapointing to me personally but the 3rd is an improvement and the 4th and 5th seemed more interesting too. I guess I like them better because they were centered on just a few characters and central creatures but the 1st and 2nd seemed to try and cram too much in that the structure seemed to lose its way (this is just my opinion).

I hope you get to play a Final Fantasy soon ^^ Final Fantasy 7 is my ultimate favourite as that was the first one I played bu Final Fantasy 8 is great too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:47 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

currently I just purchased Ghost Recon 3: Advanced War Fighter and have to say the world of gaming is greatly changing, It is truly the next generation of game.

I have also payed of Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion which is also set to come out this month. Im sure it will probably blow me away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:57 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

i read this, hold on...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:11 am 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

(..ragen you need to start making some sense.)

You know what's fun? Playing old games. Like the first Kirby or Pokemon games. You can make fun of the bad graphics, which were like so totally cool back then.(Or Super Mario Bros.! Really fun, but haaaard)

I've noticed something about the old Pokemon games. The pokemon seem more detailed than in the newer games. Well, at least that's what I think.
Quote:
I hope you get to play a Final Fantasy soon Final Fantasy 7 is my ultimate favourite as that was the first one I played bu Final Fantasy 8 is great too.
Thanks. I hope so too. Everyone that's played a FF games always talks about how cool they are. I want to know first hand. XD

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 12 Next