Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: A suggestion on avatars
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:21 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

Ya, I think we should be able to upload a avatar from the computer to use, I don't realy like the avatars avalable here and I cant realy use the off-site avatar thing, so any chance of this being added to the forum in the future?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:23 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Do you not know how to use an image hosting site? I can tell you how, if you like :)

I'm really not sure about the addition of a feature like the one you're referring to, though...

Hosting an image of your choosing online is very easy if you just know how to do it, and I can walk you through it step by step if you like. You won't have to set up any accounts or anything. ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:59 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

I use photobucket sometimes but I cant figure out how to use said images for avatars here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:06 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Well, you'll need to make the image look EXACTLY the way you want it to before submitting it to PB (if PB still works the way it did when I used it). That means that if you need to crop it, resize it, enhance it, whatever, just make it look exactly the way you want it to look here on the forums before you put it on PB. Once you're ready, submit it, and look for codes, like URL addresses. There should be one that says "Direct Link" or something to that effect. That's the code you'll want to put in the space in your off-site avatar option in your profile settings. Then update it here on the site and see if it works! Give it a shot, and give me a holler when you get there ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:27 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

Ok it worked, thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:37 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

No problem! ^^

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]