Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Font "Borgnine"?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:19 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

Just out of curiosity Sai >D I see that font a few times around the main site, and I also have a copy of the set downloaded myself...

And the font is called "Borg Nine"... >;D Hmmm....

Are you the creator? :O Cause it's like one of my fav fonts that I have....

*random curisousity....*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:51 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

Borg Nine? i've never heard of that font before....what does it look like?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:56 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

Quote:
Borg Nine? i've never heard of that font before....what does it look like?
well if you look at your little Alien Catcher thingy under your avatar, thats the font :D!

And congrats on making it up to Alien Catcher :D! 80 posts, wow..... I shall aim for you! >D *Azumanga refernece......*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:03 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

No I didn't make the font. Never made a font in my life (did try to once with some software for a typography project this year during my design course but... not much luck, came out crappy... I was pretty tired of typography by the end of that project to be honest @_@ Drawing letter after letter after letter.... wah)
I probably downloaded it off FontFreak.com as thats the main site I got most fonts from.

Very appropriate name though (the font I mean), I agree XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:09 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Ah, then it must be a Star Trek reference. I'm starting to confuse the two borgs now. XD

*looks at Kumi-chan's post count* Wow, Kumi-chan, you did get to "Alien Catcher" pretty quickly, didn't you? I applaud you!

Crystalline Academy -- Personal website.
My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:19 am 
Possessed
Possessed

Quote:
Ah, then it must be a Star Trek reference. I'm starting to confuse the two borgs now. XD

*looks at Kumi-chan's post count* Wow, Kumi-chan, you did get to "Alien Catcher" pretty quickly, didn't you? I applaud you!

thanks everyone ^^ i hope to make it to the next level very soon ^^ (well it might take awhile but...yea..)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:31 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Interesting font though, since I totally stink at even getting the appropriate fonts whenever I need them. And I don't really watch Star Trek either (borg?)

Anyway, since Kumi-chan is now the first Alien Catcher in this forum, perhaps we can let loose some aliens or older generation borgs for her to try catching... :beer:

Hmm... if I start a 'spam away!' board, I'm sure everyone will attain a 'Master Catcher' status very soon indeed... Oh heck with the idea. ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:32 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

Quote:
Interesting font though, since I totally stink at even getting the appropriate fonts whenever I need them. And I don't really watch Star Trek either (borg?)

Anyway, since Kumi-chan is now the first Alien Catcher in this forum, perhaps we can let loose some aliens or older generation borgs for her to try catching... :beer:

Hmm... if I start a 'spam away!' board, I'm sure everyone will attain a 'Master Catcher' status very soon indeed... Oh heck with the idea. ^^
i made a board like that once >D I called it the hug bar and it was just like...a forum for randomness. o.o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:11 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

I know someone who runs a forum that is basically random-ness. It doesn't matter if the original post had a purpose, by the second page it's usually about something completely different then by page 56 the twisting path of absurdity will of been firmly tread over and over XD
It is pretty funny and sort of refreshing to be able to just post utter nonsense whenever but also can get dull after awhile or just plain confusing as you try and find some resemblance of a topic to join in with. You'll be following a thread and it'll be talking about hamsters and before you know it it's 5 pages later and all about pixies... @_@
All in good fun though... ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:16 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

Quote:
I know someone who runs a forum that is basically random-ness. It doesn't matter if the original post had a purpose, by the second page it's usually about something completely different then by page 56 the twisting path of absurdity will of been firmly tread over and over XD
It is pretty funny and sort of refreshing to be able to just post utter nonsense whenever but also can get dull after awhile or just plain confusing as you try and find some resemblance of a topic to join in with. You'll be following a thread and it'll be talking about hamsters and before you know it it's 5 pages later and all about pixies... @_@
xDDDD Kinda remids me of the Azumanga Wonderland forums way back when 0..o

For a whole new breed of randomness there's Gaia, but I dun particularly like Gaia...not that anyone cares, but hey :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:31 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:
Quote:
xDDDD Kinda remids me of the Azumanga Wonderland forums way back when 0..o

For a whole new breed of randomness there's Gaia, but I dun particularly like Gaia...not that anyone cares, but hey :D
If it makes you feel any better, I haven't even attempted to go to Gaia. =D

I have a love-hate relationship with random fourms. On one hand, they're very fun. On the other, they can get annoying, especially if there are a thousand threads that just can't seem to stay on topic. I know a few boards who have created one thread for randomness alone. They live, they die, they get ressurected again, repeat. It's a vicious, yet undoubtedly funny cycle.

Come to think of it, we have kind of strayed off-topic ourselves. XD

Crystalline Academy -- Personal website.
My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:59 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

Quote:

Come to think of it, we have kind of strayed off-topic ourselves. XD
*looks up at topic* '___'; Eh...heh...whoops...whta I meant to say was...

Yeah, that font...it sure is spiffido.... *shifty eyes*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:49 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

I tried to go to Gaia. ._.
I quite liked the pretty pixel characters I suppose and I was simply curious as to how it all worked... plus I knew someone who posted there. Took me a long time to register because the character creation thing kept totally messing up and resetting back to a Male and stuff ¬_¬
Tobe honest I find it confusing sometimes. Even more confusing than when I first visited Deviantart.com (the layout there had me confused as to what was the artist's art and what was other people's art and so on...)
I briefly tried to cook up a plan to get some clothes by participating in no discussion and instead living off catching and selling fish in that Fishing game but quickly got bored to death... (plus I mostly caught piddly little things or tires or cans...and so on)
Ah the things you do when you're bored...

Well this is the Off-Topic section I suppose it's appropriate when we get off-topic XD

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]