Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:51 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Which episode did you enjoy the most?
Episode 1 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Episode 2 25%  25%  [ 7 ]
Episode 3 50%  50%  [ 14 ]
Episode 4 18%  18%  [ 5 ]
Total votes: 28
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:32 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

I think I'm going to have to go with the majority and say Episode 3. Not only is it a nice change of pace from the craziness of Episode 2, but we also get to see more of the girls' human side.

It's also the episode that got my friend and me started on greeting each other with "nyaa!" and the hand raise. XD

Crystalline Academy -- Personal website.
My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:32 am 
New Student
New Student

....Um....My favorite was episode 4. I didn't like the "ending" ending, but I did like the episode overall. It had a lot of emotions in it. It was very powerful. It was a good look at the characters' deeper selves. However I REALLY didn't expect the whole Kumi thing at the end. Anybody have any thoughts or ideas why that happened?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:09 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
However I REALLY didn't expect the whole Kumi thing at the end. Anybody have any thoughts or ideas why that happened?
Yeah it really does shock you.... It's a shame they didn't do more of the series. I talk a little about this on the main website here if you'd like to check that out:
http://alien9.crossrealms.net/info_questions.php#q5
But I'm sure there are lots of different opinoons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:57 am 
Possessed
Possessed

i love episode 3 so much! after that comes episode 4, and a tie between episodes 1 and 2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:16 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Quote:
However I REALLY didn't expect the whole Kumi thing at the end. Anybody have any thoughts or ideas why that happened?
I don't see how Kumi would have committed suicide (kamikazing on the wall?). If anyone would be cranky enough to do that, it would be Kasumi. =D I doubt Kumi is the kind who would want to end her miseries once and for all, especially since when there are another two pals who cares for her, while Yuri really needs to be cared for too (Kasumi can't do that job again. No offense meant).
Quote:
i love episode 3 so much! after that comes episode 4, and a tie between episodes 1 and 2
This now shows Episode 3 is the most popular episode now. :beer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:26 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

I love episodes 3 and 4 'cause... well, I just love it... @_@

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:34 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:
Quote:
I don't see how Kumi would have committed suicide (kamikazing on the wall?)
I think it is possible to commit suicide on a wall if you run your body (especially your head) into it hard enough and there is no one around to find you. It's not a good thing either way, though. =(
Quote:
I doubt Kumi is the kind who would want to end her miseries once and for all, especially since when there are another two pals who cares for her, while Yuri really needs to be cared for too (Kasumi can't do that job again. No offense meant).
Sadly, a lot of people who try to commit suicide usually think being dead is better for their loved ones. It's hard to say why Kumi did what she did, but I don't think she felt better at all after the Yellow Knife incident, even though her borg tried to comfort her and tell her that he will be there for her. It's possible that she felt alone even after the whole incident, or that she felt better afterward, but her mother or someone else did something unintentionally to trigger that emotion again.

My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 10:38 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

well truefully it was: (highlight to read it's a manga spoiler)

a older generation of borg that stabbed her then the lynax found her and ate some of her innards

that's what really happened to Kumi..she never commited suicide..but people are entitled to their own opinions no?

Also the anime stopped short so that's why many people believe that Kumi commited suicide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:38 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:

a older generation of borg that stabbed her then the lynax found her and ate some of her innards

that's what really happened to Kumi..she never commited suicide..but people are entitled to their own opinions no?

Also the anime stopped short so that's why many people believe that Kumi commited suicide
COOL... but yet sad, of all people why Kumi... ;_;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:06 pm 
Quote:

I know. I was refering to the anime alone, not the manga. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:08 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:

I know. I was refering to the anime alone, not the manga. =)
Oops. This was me, folks. Sorry.

*Note to self: Always log in before replying to anything*

My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:15 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

ok sorry bout that ^^;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:06 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Quote:

In the manga, we know Kumi got stabbed and had part of her right side of her body eaten. But in the anime, the damage doesn't seem to be so obvious, as there is not tear in Kumi's uniform anywhere. My deduction is that Taro Maki went crazy and had Kumi whacked over the head with something heavy. =P Even the people from Harry Potter can do a less-messier job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:17 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:
Quote:

In the manga, we know Kumi got stabbed and had part of her right side of her body eaten. But in the anime, the damage doesn't seem to be so obvious, as there is not tear in Kumi's uniform anywhere. My deduction is that Taro Maki went crazy and had Kumi whacked over the head with something heavy. =P Even the people from Harry Potter can do a less-messier job.
Maybe Taro Maki is in cahoots with the Sorpano family...

Or...maybe...everybody did it! o_o; XD

I still stand by the suicide theory, but it doesn't hurt to look at other factors (even the sillier ones). ^_^

My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:17 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

The suicide therory makes no sense to me at all...it seems physically impossible (the way she was found dead), and Kumi never showed any signs of wanting to just "go away forever" er whatever. She said "I don't want anyone to die, no more deaths" and things like that.

Why would she choose the library to commit suicide in? And also, you can see that the way her body was positioned the ONLY way she could of killed herself is if she skated backwards at a high velocity into the bookcase, which I doubt.

Although, remember when Yuri's borg went away for a while in episode 4 when she was by the steps, and before she knew it she had fallen down then? Well maybe the absense of borg made Kumi do something funky to that effect. Either way, I really don't believe Kumi died by her own hands. And i think the manga and the anime should be more looked as one package, instead of seperately. It's no help either that the anime ended prematurely (it seems that way to me atleast) either...

*too lazy to type anymore* xD;

---

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next