Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:38 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:36 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Is anybody else besides me a fan of Ayumi Hamasaki?

For people who want to know who she is, check out these sites.
www.hamasaki-republic.org
http://ayunite.net/forum/

She's a japanese pop singer and she is incredibly talented and very beautiful! Some of her songs have been featured on Inuyasha and on one of the .hack// series.

I also like Aikawa Nanase, Globe, Dream, See-Saw, Do As Infinity, AiM, Yuna Ito and Two-Mix, and a few random songs here and there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:08 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Ayumi Hamasaki is a talented singer and very popular... but (no offence meant) her distinct style in her voice makes me grow tired of her songs after awhile so I don't listen to her that much. This isn't really a criticsm, she's very good... just an observation. It's the same with Kokia who I like... she has a very unique/distinct style of singing and after awhile I get bored.......
Globe... heh. They're interesting. Very alternative. Their songs are hit and miss for me. But they're certainly different and what of them I do like, I think is great.

Artists I like:
Maaya Sakomoto, Do As Infinity, hitomi, the Brilliant Green, Every Little Thing, Day After Tomorrow

Some of: See-Saw, TM Revolution, Kokia, Okui Masami, Utada Hikaru, Mai Kuraki

And probably more I can't think of right now... I listen to Hardcore J Radio station and they play a lot of neat stuff from the latest chart music in Japan http://www.hardcorej.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:15 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:
Ayumi Hamasaki is a talented singer and very popular... but (no offence meant) her distinct style in her voice makes me grow tired of her songs after awhile so I don't listen to her that much. This isn't really a criticsm, she's very good... just an observation. It's the same with Kokia who I like... she has a very unique/distinct style of singing and after awhile I get bored.......
Globe... heh. They're interesting. Very alternative. Their songs are hit and miss for me. But they're certainly different and what of them I do like, I think is great.

Artists I like:
Maaya Sakomoto, Do As Infinity, hitomi, the Brilliant Green, Every Little Thing, Day After Tomorrow

Some of: See-Saw, TM Revolution, Kokia, Okui Masami, Utada Hikaru, Mai Kuraki

And probably more I can't think of right now... I listen to Hardcore J Radio station and they play a lot of neat stuff from the latest chart music in Japan http://www.hardcorej.com/
I see what you mean. That's ok that you don't listen that to much of her and what not. ^-^ Everyone has their own opinions!

Some of Globe's songs are also a hit or miss for me as well, but I still like them for the most part.

I can't seem to get into Hikaru Utada. For some reason, she just reminds me of American pop and it just doesn't intrigue me :S I like some of her songs, but I dunno... I guess I'm listening for more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:10 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
I see what you mean. That's ok that you don't listen that to much of her and what not. ^-^ Everyone has their own opinions!

Some of Globe's songs are also a hit or miss for me as well, but I still like them for the most part.

I can't seem to get into Hikaru Utada. For some reason, she just reminds me of American pop and it just doesn't intrigue me :S I like some of her songs, but I dunno... I guess I'm listening for more.
Yeah, but of course Ayumi hamasaki is still wonderful. She is one of (if not the) most popular singers in japan as fara s I can tell! :cheer: I especially like "Evolution".

Hehe you find that too with Globe. But then they're very alternative so it's to be expected I guess. ^^ It's interesting that they're expeirmental.

Hikaru Utada: I think I find much of her alot older stuff hit and miss. But I LOVE the opening song to Kingdom Hearts PS2 game that she sung!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:50 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

I'm not a big Ayumi fan (my sister is XD) but her songs are alright. I prefer to listen to other artists like Changin My Life or Origa.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]