Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: XBOX 360
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:27 pm 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

The XBox 360 officially came out yesterday I think.Heh, I watched a whole special about it's release on G4. I have to say, the 360 looks good. It's supposed to be much better than the old XBox, about 80% more powerful, too.

What do you guys think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:47 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

I've always just kept to Sony.... simpler for my money spending @_@ Most of the games I want come out on Playstation anyway though so luckily I manage fine (apart from the odd game or two... rats). So I won't be getting XBox 360 I think, but nice to hear things are progressing fast technology-wise. My friend might get it. I wonder what PS3 will be like. I haven't kept up too much on the Next Gen stuff. Only know bits and pieces such as the controllers maybe. I hear 'on paper/stats wise' its more powerful than Xbox360 and Nintendo Revolution o_o; 35x more powerful than Playstation 2 according to a site I read. But we'll have to wait and see what its actually like in action, I'm ready to admit manufacturers like to shout about their products. ._.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:23 am 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

I have mine pre ordered and it will be here on the second shipment, this system is a neccesity for me since I have a Xbox Live account and wish to persue my friendships and fun.

games Im looking forward to are:

Dead or Alive 4
Elder Scrolls 4:Oblivion
Gears of War
Full Auto
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:38 am 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

You mean the PS3 is going to be more powerful than the XBox 360 and the Revolution? Wow, that's powerful. I can't wait until it comes out. ^_^
But what's with the PS3 controller? It looks like a boomerang. I thought that was just a prototype controller, is it the real thing? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:58 am 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Quote:
You mean the PS3 is going to be more powerful than the XBox 360 and the Revolution? Wow, that's powerful. I can't wait until it comes out. ^_^
But what's with the PS3 controller? It looks like a boomerang. I thought that was just a prototype controller, is it the real thing? :?:
The PS3's controller is still prototype and on the specs note it is a more GRAPHICALY powerful system. but really graphics cant get that much better. the PS3 runs on what is caled the CORE, the CORE is a combination of seven different processors. now having that many is very unuser friendly giving developers a headache to work on their product. now the Xbox 360 has three powerful processors that, even though less powerful than PS3, are more user friendly.

so I think in the future of gaming you will see more and more companies selling to Microsoft.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:52 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

As long as most of the games I like are still on PS3 I'll be happy hehe -~- If I can help it I don't want to have to buy more than one console o_o; But a friend of mine gets them all. ^^
I bet all the consoles specs-wise probably have advantages and disadvantages ._. It gets confusing (especially for me... all those specs comparison thingys I see are over my head @_@ ). At any rate they'll all be so much more powerful than the last generation... And I hope that the next Final Fantasy game is an improvement on Final Fantasy 10 (didn't strike a chord with me as much as 7, 8 and 9) :cheer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:24 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

I'm really not to interested in the Xbox ^^; I mean what is so special about this one now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:32 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Quote:
I'm really not to interested in the Xbox ^^; I mean what is so special about this one now?
Mostly the hype over this one is that its going to have a new Xbox Live enhanced service for every game, Custom sound tracks for every game, and the ability to connect with outside computers ( so in theroy you could download game mods like on PC games)

thats about it.... um it looks nice too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:25 pm 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

Yeah, the 360 looks WAY nicer than the old XBox. That thing had the potentail to kill you if it landed on you. -o-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:24 am 
Possessed
Possessed

I still don't consider it a big deal *is taken away by the angry X-Box people and fed to the Yellow Knife* oh well, I bet it is still nice ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:29 pm 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

I heard that people are complaining about the 360. Does anyone know the nature of the complaints? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:53 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Quote:
I heard that people are complaining about the 360. Does anyone know the nature of the complaints? :?:
they were mostly minor(and that will happen with the launch of any new consol) the most common one were the powr cord pack was over heating a lot, when playing PGR3 it would freeze up, and a lot of the emulators needed patches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:59 pm 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

Thanks for the clarification, Yuri'sGuardian. ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:34 am 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification, Yuri'sGuardian. ^_^
you welcome ^^

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]