Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:50 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:03 am 
New Student
New Student

-empty-

Last edited by Konoko1990 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:29 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

I didn't even really know what anime was until like two years ago. I had seen anime I just didn't know that it was anime. I thought they were just cartoons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:22 am 
New Student
New Student

I know wht you mean, I was like 5 or 6 mum brought grave of the fire flies and kikis delivery service vhs (cantonese) I didnt really understand it that well lol till it got released on dvd in hmv. ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:19 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Actually I'm wrong about the date. The older Bandai doll was released in 1999/2000 (so about 6 years ago) and so I probably bought the Li doll ( seen here) at that time in a shop near me. I was waiting for the kitty Sakura to come in stock at that shop (seen here) but I never saw it and then missed my chance to get a different one -~-
I only ever see the later re-release by Bandai Japan made in 2004 (here) on eBay and elsewhere (which is the one I eventually bought from eBay). It's not too different but I prefer the eyes and some other small details on the original release (here). But it's far far better than the European Italian and the US Trendmasters/Warner Bros versions released. Here's a comparison of Bandai Japan Li (the original 2000 release that I have) to the Trendmasters/Warner Bros release: here
Far far better quality in clothes/hair/face etc.
I'm not sure if I've seen the NHK ones on blippo.com before... I don't like the look of them though. ._. But I wodner if the clothes would fit...

Wow that 1998 one is really great, congrats.
And I have this exact same CCS figure, it's really nice.

And yeah I didn't get into anime until about 1997... I saw an advert for a couple of anime in a comic book magazine (Dirty Pair Flash... which is not a dirty anime by the way and Ruin Explorers) and really liked the style.
But I'm surprised when I think of all the other Japanese animation I saw as a kid but never realised... e.g. Moomins and The Last Unicorn. Although both of those are sort of westernised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:42 pm 
New Student
New Student

-empty

Last edited by Konoko1990 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:28 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

Quote:
And music boxes from Evangelion & Totoro.
A Totoro Music Box!!!!! I luv Totoro(so cute). I want one!! I'v watched the eng dub of that movie off of a video casset for as long as I can remember. (I guess I was raised on it, lol)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:04 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
Quote:
A Totoro Music Box!!!!! I luv Totoro(so cute). I want one!! I'v watched the eng dub of that movie off of a video casset for as long as I can remember. (I guess I was raised on it, lol)
Cool ^^ There's quite a few STudio Ghibli music boxes out there, but I felt Totoro had the catchiest theme tune that really fitted a music box.
If you go on yesasia.com and search for "Totoro music box" or similar you'll get alot of results.
The one I got was the stuffed toy one where they sort of float/circle round the top when the music is playing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:56 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Cool ^^ There's quite a few STudio Ghibli music boxes out there, but I felt Totoro had the catchiest theme tune that really fitted a music box.
If you go on yesasia.com and search for "Totoro music box" or similar you'll get alot of results.
The one I got was the stuffed toy one where they sort of float/circle round the top when the music is playing.
\
Sweet!!! Thank You!!! :rahrah:
SSSSooo much TOTORO!!!! *sigh* So Cute.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2