Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:04 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Quote:
Sorry I'm not sure what you're asking @_@
"CCS" is just initials for "Card Captor Sakura" so it's the same thing yeah.
Sakura and Syaoran have the same roles throughout all of Card Captor Sakura but in the new anime/manga Tsubasa Chronicle they take on different roles (in that they are a princess and an archaeologist ).
Oops, I meant if the characters Sakura and Syaoran from CCS the same characters in Tsubasa Chronicle. But question answered now. Thanks! ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:53 am 
Possessed
Possessed

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry I'm not sure what you're asking @_@
"CCS" is just initials for "Card Captor Sakura" so it's the same thing yeah.
Sakura and Syaoran have the same roles throughout all of Card Captor Sakura but in the new anime/manga Tsubasa Chronicle they take on different roles (in that they are a princess and an archaeologist ).
Oops, I meant if the characters Sakura and Syaoran from CCS the same characters in Tsubasa Chronicle. But question answered now. Thanks! ^^
yea i'm still wondering why CLAMP did that for Tsubasa...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:11 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Well, I think it's the same for all the characters in Tsubasa really. So it was nothing in particular for Sakura & Syaoran. I think for Tsubasa it's relevant to have them in separate roles from CCS because Tsubasa is all about alternative dimensions, in which people are different. E.g. Yukito in one dimension is in a different role in the next (although their inner soul is stated to be the same... as in if they're a good person they remain one, I think... or something like that).
So I believe that Tsubasa may start in a different dimension to CCS, one in which their roles are different. But viably, they could accidentally travel to a CCS dimension where they meet their other selves (and those other selves would be the same as in CCS).
But I dunno if they'll do such a thing, I think CLAMP will think it more fun to mix things up rather than go over old ground. As much as I love Sakura & Syaoran in CCS, they did get a good resolution and anything else after that conclusion would just be a bonus but nothing really essential. Although I wouldn't complain if they did continue =) (As long as they don't muck up the characters..)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:49 am 
Possessed
Possessed

i see..thanks Sai!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:48 am 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

I don't really know many mangaka. The ones that I know and truely enjoy are Hitoshi Tomizawa - Alien Nine (of course), Azuma Kiyohiko - Azumanga Daioh, Aoyama Gosho - Detective Conan (licensed in the US as Case Closed) and Osamu Tezuka - Metropolis & Astro Boy.

I would really like to have any of Yoshitoshi ABe's works, but it's hard to fine here -~-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:17 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

Quote:
I don't really know many mangaka. The ones that I know and truely enjoy are Hitoshi Tomizawa - Alien Nine (of course), Azuma Kiyohiko - Azumanga Daioh, Aoyama Gosho - Detective Conan (licensed in the US as Case Closed) and Osamu Tezuka - Metropolis & Astro Boy.

I would really like to have any of Yoshitoshi ABe's works, but it's hard to fine here -~-
sorry to hear that :comfort:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:29 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Osamu Tezuka's art is really nice. ^^ I enjoyed Metropolis a lot...the ending made me cry quite a bit though...;_;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:35 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

that was an amaizing movie! i like Metropolis too XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:23 am 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

And the movie also makes me want to listen to any classical jazz I can find XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:53 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:
*high fives Deepdeck* Yay for Old School! I'm a Cyborg 009 (by Ishinomori Shoutarou) fan myself.
Quote:
Unfortunately, none of his artbooks that I know of have been licensed. -~- I wouldn't count on having his "Haibane Renmei" works translated and brought here, either, as they are doujinshis. Which is an absolute shame, since he's one of my favorite artists.

As for the question at hand, I really don't have a specific favorite. I can't say CLAMP, as I like their character designs (especially the ones from their pre-Angelic Layer days), but often despise their stories. The same goes for Yuu/You Asagiri (Golden Cain). Her stories are often so-so, but her drawing style? Lovely. ^^

I guess I'll just say Sanami Matoh (Fake). I love her stuff.

Crystalline Academy -- Personal website.
My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:50 am 
New Student
New Student

My favorite Mangaka has to be Mia Ikumi, who did many works such as Tokyo Mew Mew. ^^

Avvie and banner cedit to Kuri-chan, nya!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:10 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

I don't know too many but Rumiko Takahshi (Inu Yasha, Ranma 1/2, etc) and of course Hitoshi Tomizawa (Alien 9, Blitz Royale, Milk Closet, Propellar Heaven, etc).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:44 am 
New Student
New Student

my favorite manga is Deset Coral...(all my freinds says it looks like desert Oral cause the 'C' is far to big....) but anyways... Though i have only read the first one.. i cant tell it will be awsome :) and.. i want to buy the rest.. but.. well.. i cant no money.. AAAHH!..... yep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:26 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
my favorite manga is Deset Coral...(all my freinds says it looks like desert Oral cause the 'C' is far to big....) but anyways... Though i have only read the first one.. i cant tell it will be awsome :) and.. i want to buy the rest.. but.. well.. i cant no money.. AAAHH!..... yep.
I have a few volumes of that (I think maybe all the ones so far, 1 - 3). It is pretty good ^^ I like the premise.

One manga I only have the first volume of but already *love* though is R2 from ADV Manga. Only one has been released though and that was a year ago... AHH I want MORE! >_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 7:46 am 
New Student
New Student

Hello all.
My most favorite mangaka is probably Yamamoto Kana (Di[e]ce, Togainu no Chi [Yamamoto Kana Version] and also drew several doujinshis for Prince of Tennis, Eyeshield 21 and Katekyoushi Hitman Reborn!), for her gorgeous art and all the emotions that she conveys with her storytelling. I also own several of her manga in print and am planning on buying more as more is available to me even though I don't understand a single word of Japanese.

Another great mangaka is Yumeka Sumomo, who's artwork is so simple, yet beautiful and whose bittersweet stories are usually always touching, and sometimes a little bizarre and stimulates thinking.

Furthermore I also really like the art of Obata Takeshi, Yuki Kaori and CLAMP.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next