Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:04 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

What kind of music do you love most?
Alternative 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
Classic Rock & Oldies 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
Country 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hard Rock 24%  24%  [ 4 ]
Latin 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Pop 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
R&B & Soul 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Rap & Hip Hop 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Sountracks 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
Anime 29%  29%  [ 5 ]
Total votes: 17
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:07 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

I had nothing to do, so I made this poll to see just what kind of music do you love most, I hope all of you could drop by and vote... ~_~; ._.

Well, I mostly love Hard Rock (e.i. Slipknot, El Nido, Linkin Park, Green Day, Limp Bizkit and so much more) and Oldies(e.i. good ol' Kenny Rogers). I also like most anime songs(even though I can't understand what they're singing...). ._.
(Could someone teach me Japanese...? or something, eh... whatever...) -o-

How about the rest of the members, what do you like the most?
Share your thoughts w/ each other... -o-
.....................................................................................................................................................................................

Last edited by Ordos on Wed May 25, 2005 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:26 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

I don't particularly have a favourite, I usually just go by ear and if I like something then voila, no matter what genre it's from. The only thing I seem to consistently turn down is rap music...
My Dad has LOTS of music that he listens to, so I always got exposed to a variety.
One of my favourite kinds is when there's a mix of modern instruments and classical. Like Vanessa Mae who is a violinist that has done a mixture like that. And Bond, Twelve Girls Band and 'Rin also have that kind of mixture. I love it. If anyone knows of any other artists like that, please tell me! They're kinda rare for me.... I don't even know what its exactly called (that style), if its called anything yet.

I also love Japanese music. My favourite artist is Maaya Sakamoto, very beautiful music. Some other bands/artists I like are: Do As Infinity, hitomi, Every Little Thing, Day After Tomrrow, Charcoal Filter...

I also like some 'New Age' stuff like Mike Oldfield.

And of course I listen to pop and rock... not sure of any bands I consistently like. Muse is a good one.

I also like to listen to some soundtracks for games, television and movies etc.

For the poll I picked Anime because I do listen to alot of Japanese music. I don't understand the words but I think that might be best and I even wonder if I'd enjoy it less if I were translating the words in my head all the way through. As it is I treat the words more like an instrument that weaves in with the others since I don't understand them and are more entertained by their *sound*. Since I seem to be entertained by plenty of instrumental music (alot of modern-classical stuff, soundtracks and sometimes new age is instrumental), having no lyrics doesn't bother me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:12 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

i basicly like Punk Rock, anime music, techno,and Rock and Roll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:26 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

For this poll, I chose Hard Rock (if Green Day and Bink182 falls under that category).

For me, I practically listen to rock everyday, or it'll be my brother blasting rock music from his computer. Blink182 is my fav. band, and for others... I like My Chemical Romance and Green Day somehow.

I listen to anime music too, but since I hardly get a single word of what is being sung (since they're sung in Japanese), I only draw a blank face when the song ends. Of course, it'll help when there's english subtitles when the song is being sung. However, I usually look foward to how the song is being sung instead of trying to understand what is being sung. That is how I got into the AlienNine's 'Flower Psychedelic' song. :cheer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:02 am 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

ROCK'N'ROLL!!!

Usually punk, anyway...

You say I'm giving you the blues
Maybe
You mean every word you say
Can't help but think of yesterday
And another who tied me down to loverboy rules
My Deviantart gallery, feel free to comment my work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:35 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

I chose anime, but I actually like almost everything. I think the only exception I can make is country, really heavy metal (like death metal), and late 90s-current rap and pop.

I love oldies too (The Four Seasons, The Beach Boys, The Beatles, etc.), as well as classic rock like The Eagles, Queen, David Bowie, Eric Clapton and others like them.

Singer wise, I'm a huge Seal fan. His music has helped me through some tough times, and his singing voice is lovely to my ears. Remember the song "Kiss By a Rose?" That's Seal. *sighs happily*

Crystalline Academy -- Personal website.
My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:31 pm 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

Classic rock is the best!! :hooray: I grew up listening to classic rock. (It was the only music my Dad listened to) yay for classic rock!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:14 am 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Anime...lol. But of course I listen to others...like lotsa Japanese music - whether traditional/pop/rock etc...^_^ And uh...I like classical music, country, ballads and others...but I listen mostly to anime and Japanese... :cheer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:54 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Yep, Blink182 andd Green Day is under the category of Hard Rock...
Woah, "soge" so many ROCKERZ in the forum!!! ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:42 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

I like various kinds of music, but my favourite kind of music are classic rock & oldies, especially The Beatles. Other bands/group that I like are The Beach Boys, Queen, Bread, and Chicago. I also like modern bands that have a retro feel like Franz Ferdinand and Fool's Garden (I think).

Beside that, I like reggae, classical music, and jazz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:57 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

Queen rocks XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:12 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

I chose hard rock but i listen to mostly heavy metal. Slayer, Pantera, Fear Factory.
But my father also influced me with Led Zepplin, Zappa, Tull, Pink Floyd ( :hooray: :confetti: they're touring again).
I'll listen to anything except most new rap (became about sensless killing especially of police and one another) and country.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:30 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Rock, Rap, and soundtracks. Particularly the Halo 2 soundtrack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:18 am 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

Ah, rock. The best of all the music catagories. I always get this elated feeling when I listen to Lynard Skynard, The Eagles, Styx, ect., ect. XD
I have also fallen in love with Switchfoot and Green Day, but my older brother is evil and withholds Green Day from me.(I stole his Switchfoot CD, so nya to him.((now all I need is a CD player that works properly)) )

Anime music is soothing and invigorating. I'd listen to it all day, even if I can't understand anything they're singing. It's just so awesome. ^^
The only thing I'm iffy with is Rap. @_@

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:00 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:
The only thing I'm iffy with is Rap. @_@
I hear you, sister.

Before 1996 (estimation) rap = Good
After 1996 (estimation) rap = Bad

By the way, has anyone heard any "J-Rap" (Japanese Rap)? Scary stuff. @_@

Crystalline Academy -- Personal website.
My DeviantArt Gallery

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next