Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 3134 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:56 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

kidding, more like months, but where is everyone? all the new people are here to make our site go on, i guess! in fact, i've forgotten a lot about alien nine, that craze is long gone, wanted to see what was going on here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:13 pm 
New Student
New Student

My name is Kazumakun. I first found Alien Nine in a bookstore while I was visiting Seattle, which was in fact just yesterday. At first I did not think much of it, having seen a Gundam manga that looked interesting. However, after discovering that it was written in Japanese(Which I have only just started to learn) I put it back on the shelf and pulled out Alien Nine. They only had the second book, unfortunately, but I eventually figured out what was happening and who was who. It is really unfortunate I had to get the second book because after reading it I started to dislike Yuri. I thought that Kumi had gone out while Yuri was acting like a total infant, and while doing that Kumi lost her human functions. She did that all for her friend and I guess Yuri should be really thankful. Also what sort of made me a bit angry was the page that said that both Kasumi and Kumi had failed. I did not think so. Yuri never really did anything for anyone so I thought she was the person who had really failed, in terms of actually doing something besides crying and acting so infantile. In fact, everytime I think of Alien Nine and Yuri I feel like I could set my house on fire with my anger. Anyway, in the second book it said Kumi was dead, which I could not understand because she came to the rescue of Yuri and Kasumi when they were under aattack my the Lynax. And how did she become a Borg? I thought they were the helmets the Alien Party wore. I have to get the first book so I can better understand this. I hope it is not as gruesome as book 2.[/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:28 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Wellcome ^_^

Only I will say you better don't be so partial with Yuri... Yuri and Kumi (and Kasumi too) are more than what you saw in the second volume of the manga. When you read the another two, maybe you can understand...

I hope you enjoy this place ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:40 am 
New Student
New Student

I am sorry, as I said it was unfortunate I had to get the second book. Perhaps if I get the first book(Which I intend to do soon.) I will understand better

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:21 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
My name is Kazumakun. I first found Alien Nine in a bookstore while I was visiting Seattle, which was in fact just yesterday. At first I did not think much of it, having seen a Gundam manga that looked interesting. However, after discovering that it was written in Japanese(Which I have only just started to learn) I put it back on the shelf and pulled out Alien Nine. They only had the second book, unfortunately, but I eventually figured out what was happening and who was who. It is really unfortunate I had to get the second book because after reading it I started to dislike Yuri. I thought that Kumi had gone out while Yuri was acting like a total infant, and while doing that Kumi lost her human functions. She did that all for her friend and I guess Yuri should be really thankful. Also what sort of made me a bit angry was the page that said that both Kasumi and Kumi had failed. I did not think so. Yuri never really did anything for anyone so I thought she was the person who had really failed, in terms of actually doing something besides crying and acting so infantile. In fact, everytime I think of Alien Nine and Yuri I feel like I could set my house on fire with my anger. Anyway, in the second book it said Kumi was dead, which I could not understand because she came to the rescue of Yuri and Kasumi when they were under aattack my the Lynax. And how did she become a Borg? I thought they were the helmets the Alien Party wore. I have to get the first book so I can better understand this. I hope it is not as gruesome as book 2.[/i]
Hi Kazumakun, welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy it here. ^^
Sorry to hear you couldn't find Book 1. If you can order online maybe the Ultimate Collection with all the manga and the DVD is still out there.

The following contains spoilers:

Its been awhile since I read/watched the series but I know Kasumi 'failed' (in terms of the 'project' anyway) because of fusing with a different alien race than the Borgs (the Yellow Knife). Kumi I can't really remember why, perhaps her forced fusing (to save her life) with the borg and becoming a half-human with borg parts (at least I think thats what she becomes? again, been awhile and Alien 9 can be confusing/complicated at times. I think basically she did die in the sense of human reality but because they have the alien technology they could bring her back to life. Which I think they may have done by transplanting alien dna/parts/whatever. I'm not too good with science technicalities xD ) to fill the gaps was too severe and premature for what they wanted. Perhaps their ideal borg wearer was to be fully human or something, or maybe they felt the severeness of Kumi's change would add too much unpredictability for her to be a leading assistance in their plans. What they wanted it seems was to train the girls up and get them used to working/syncing with their borgs by having them hunt aliens (that they usually order in themselves and release on purpose, until other alien races start meddling such as with the Yellow Knife).

I'm not sure exactly what it was leading up to though, and how it would of worked exactly when they were 'ready'. But later I think they try and force Yuri to fuse with her borg or something. So basically Yuri hadn't 'failed' because she was still a valid test subject genetically I guess. Although obviously she probably wasn't their first choice as she is unwilling to go along with anything to do with aliens.

Earlier in the series, when the teacher checks up on her new recruits (checks their homelife and personalities etc.) I think I remember her noting Yuri as being 'too normal'. And its that kind of idea that is at the base of my essay on Yuri. I'm a little forward at one point though but none of it is meant as a stab at anyone in particular and I say such things with a twist of humour. I can understand people finding the way her character usually comes across grating at times, and we've made a few lighthearted jokes on the forums from time to time about it but I hope my essay can help people to perhaps see her in a different light. I think the Alien 9 series did a brave thing by putting a character like Yuri as the lead, and given the chance, like Kuri later gives her, she can be surprising if looking past the surface. As with the cutesy visuals compared to the harsh plot in the series, the phrase 'don't judge a book by its cover' rings true alot for this series:
http://alien9.crossrealms.net/fan_ob_yuri.php

Also I really need to update it I think I wrote that before reading the additional 'Emulators'/4th book and so I would no longer say that Kumi did not have a proper future ahead (or similar). I would have to change that as the 4th book does set a few things in a different direction I think. For the most part though I think the main overall message of the essay still makes some valid points though. Hope its of interest.

Don't forget to check out the anime sometime too! Although it sadly only goes as far as the start of Book 2 I think (cant remember exactly).

Best regards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:37 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Hi, welcome to the new members! ^_^

Thanks to CE Yume for the layouts! ^_^

Labi kong di mapigil ang ngiti
Sa tuwing ika'y aking nakakatabi
Bango'y baon ko hanggang hatinggabi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:08 am 
New Student
New Student

What are the words and pictures under the avatar in the forums(Borg wearer, new student)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:28 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
What are the words and pictures under the avatar in the forums(Borg wearer, new student)?
Just a bit of fun. They show how many posts a member has.

Key: Rank Title - Total Posts Required

New Student - 0
Borg Wearer - 20
Alien Catcher - 60
Fused Hybrid - 200
Master Catcher - 500+

Alien Party Admin/Site Admin and Alien Party Moderator/Site Mod are reserved for staff only.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:05 am 
New Student
New Student

Hello everyone, my name is Dario Balliache Perez. Although my first surname is italian, I’m from Caracas, the Venezuela’s Capital City.

First of all, I must to say that currently I’m studing english on the Wall Street Institute (see: www.wallstreetinstitute.com), so forgive me if I make some gramatical mistakes. :comfort:

Anyway, a friend of mine told me about Alien 9, and I decided to buy the anime serie by ebay. Well, I saw it yesterday... and now, I am a fan. ^^

Thats all for now, see you. Greetings!!! :confetti:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:10 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

¡Por fin alguien que habla algo que comprendo (espero... -. -)!
Bienvenido seas ^_^

Translation:

Someone who talks something I can understand (I hope... -. -)!
You're wellcome ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:12 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Welcome to the forum P_bad!
Your English is great ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:10 am 
New Student
New Student

Cool... very kind of you. Thank you. :cheer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:53 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Welcome P_bad!

Post subject: Hi...?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:47 am 
New Student
New Student

Hey, everybody. I guess it goes without saying that I'm new here. I've been a fan of Alien 9 for a few years, and finding the soundtrack today reminded me how much I love the show. So I googled and wound up here.

Uhm. This is an intro thread, so... hmm. Well, let's see. I'm 19, I cut my own hair, and I'm in education limbo between high school and college while I decide what to do with my life. I watched Alien 9 one day and then bought the manga, plus Emulators, within about a week. I also like NaruTaru, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Megami Kouhousei, Digimon Adventure (subbed, subbed, not dubbed), Card Captor Sakura (again, subbed), and Soukou no Strain. My list of stuff to watch is ridiculously long. Outside of anime, I'm a fan of Stargate Atlantis and Criminal Minds (which I write fanfiction for and have a handful of fans, who I love dearly). I'm pretty laid-back and kind of unreliable, but I like to think I'm a good person.

Well, hope to spend a lot of time around here. :3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:24 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Hi Nokosareta,

I'm a bit late, but welcome! Hope you find this forum useful. ^^

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous 127 28 29 30 3134 Next