Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous 129 30 31 32 33 34 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:36 pm 
New Student
New Student

:magic:

Hello~

Okay, I used to be on here, but because of the loss of memory, and the fact that I couldn't remember my old user, I decided to make a new account. Because I had totally forgotten about the amazing Anime/Manga, but one night, for some random reason, I had a dream two nights ago, about the Anime, and was like, "Oh my god! I can't believe...wow...I forgot one of my favorite Anime/Manga series...;A;" So, here I am today!

I believe my old account was Neko...something. :'3 So, if anyone that I talked to remembers me, I would love you forever. :'3 I'll update everything as much as possible, and be on here as much as I can, because I loved this place, and I still do. :'D

:rahrah:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:10 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
I was eight or nine when I first saw Alien Nine. It really confused me, but there was something I liked about it. Eventually it went off air, and I forgot the name of the show. For five long years I've been watching a lot of anime, hoping to one day find Alien Nine. It finally caught my eye when I was looking at the recommendations for Narutaru. For awhile I've been more of an emotional wreck than Yuri. But after watching it again I'm ready to take on the world! This is a thank you for helping make a great website and forum about something that means the world to me.
Welcome to the forum! Wow thats a young age to of first watched this show. But thats cool. I had a similar thing with a weird film called Alice by director Jan Svankmejer. Saw it when I was kinda young and just remember some weird things from it so for years I wondered if I would find it again. Until we got the internet and then some years later I decided to type in something weird on Google related to the film and there it was!

Glad that the show has a special meaning to you, its always nice when that happens and you find a connection with a character that you can identify with.

@Repo Baxil: Welcome to the forum! Glad you could join and glad that you have enjoyed the site and found it useful. Hope you enjoy the Ultimate Collection! It is a shame it doesnt have the final volume of the manga but hopefully you can pick that up someplace.
That is cool that you want to get into film and do anime music videos. If you make one of Alien Nine and put it on Youtube or something let me know in the Creative Works section or the forum or via the main site contact page and I will try to get round to adding it to the Music Videos page. And I look forward to seeing your art.
Oh you collect anime figures? Thats cool. I used to do that... alot! Until I couldn't afford it anymore. It was getting expensive, so addictive!

@Xanaru: Welcome back! Yes I do remember ^^ I think you're Neko_1100 right? If you need help getting your account back may be able to do something but you could try the password recovery on the login page. And wow an Alien 9 dream? Bet it was creepy! xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:17 am 
New Student
New Student

Nah, it's all good. :3 I think I'll just stick with this one. And the thing with it, the e-mail I used, my mom deleted it. l,D So, yeah. And yes, the dream I had...was really scary. Like, NO LIE. XD I was scared outta my wits.

Human?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:19 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
I had a similar thing with a weird film called Alice by director Jan Svankmejer. Saw it when I was kinda young and just remember some weird things from it so for years I wondered if I would find it again.
Good Lord! Were you traumatized?! :O That Alice movie scared the heck out of me, and I saw it when I was like 16 already... if I'd seen it when I was any younger, like you did, I probably would've received permanent psychological damage @~@
Quote:
And yes, the dream I had...was really scary. Like, NO LIE. XD I was scared outta my wits.
Haha, when I was really little, I had this long running string of bad dreams almost every night for like two weeks. The concept of sleep to me meant having nightmares at some point, and so to counter that, I decided not to sleep anymore. I would just read comic books or play with a flashlight or something. I got bored on the second night though, and didn't make it to the third... Luckily though, that was when things went back to normal XD So I feel ya on that nightmare you had... I've never had luck with my dream world -~-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:39 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:

Good Lord! Were you traumatized?! :O That Alice movie scared the heck out of me, and I saw it when I was like 16 already... if I'd seen it when I was any younger, like you did, I probably would've received permanent psychological damage @~@
Hehe nah. Funnily enough I think it was shown at a not very late time here in the UK on Channel 4 back when Channel 4 used to show a lot of unique obscure stuff (miss those days.... now its mostly home improvement, chat shows and reality tv). Probably at a time when I was supposed to be at school but was off sick or something. I just remember it being really weird and unusual and so it interested me. I was left with the image of her going up that elevator with all the strange bottles and the bit where the puppet rabbit is eating sawdust and sewing himself up. Thats how I found it through Google actually, something like "rabbit eating sawdust sewing" lol.

I think the animation is cool and a sign of great talent. Got it on DVD now. Shame it has no soundtrack though.

I'm surprised you've seen it! XD

When I was a kid that scene where Michael Jackson turns into a werewolf freaked me a bit. Bit too good on the effects department! It seems funny to be scared of it now lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7NK87q0q5E (< skip to 2 minutes onwards)

The only film that REALLY scared me and made me not able to sleep that night (and maybe nights after that?) was Blair Witch Project.....
I hate that film....... My imagination is far far worse than any movie special effects. :(

I don't watch a lot of horror movies though. Probably just as well lol. Seen The Ring maybe the american version and was more creepy than scary. Also the film The Hole was more depressing and gross than scary. @~@

Have you seen a Korean film called The Host? It is a Korean monster film (with some unusual moments of comedy). Although I didn't like much how it all turned out, thats just me though. But I still recommend seeing it, its awesome effects and interesting characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:49 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Welcome Repo Baxil and Xanaru. XD

It's always nice to get more talkitive people on this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:00 am 
New Student
New Student

Hello there!

I am GaijinOtaku, but most people just call me Gai-San or just Gai. I am a firm believer that Alien 9 is one of the greatest anime/manga ever made, and that is needs a lot more recognition than it gets. I hope I get along with you all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:59 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Welcome Gai to the forum. Good to have you here. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:30 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Hey there, Gai! Welcome to the forums, and like Sai said, we're pleased to have you here :D And I'm totally with you in your feelings on Alien 9 :3 It's so underrated, it's criminal :O

See you around, and again, welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:48 pm 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

Hello I decided to join this place, I’ve only watched the Alien Nine OVA and haven’t read the books, and that probly wont change for awhile, I only recently discovered Alien Nine but I liked the OVA, anyway I’m bad at spelling and grammar but I will use spell-check.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:56 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
Hello I decided to join this place, I’ve only watched the Alien Nine OVA and haven’t read the books, and that probly wont change for awhile, I only recently discovered Alien Nine but I liked the OVA, anyway I’m bad at spelling and grammar but I will use spell-check.
Hey Draco, glad you joined up! :D The OVA is what originally got me hooked, and the mangas followed shortly after. If later on you decide that you want to pursue the mangas, there's a box set called "The Alien Nine Ultimate Collection" that's a good deal. The OVA is super-fantastic though, isn't it? <3 And by the way, you sound perfectly fine :)

Welcome! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:33 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Well, hello again. This is GaijinOtaku (see just a few posts above). The different username/account is because my E-Mail was hacked so now I can't get into my old account. Anyway, hello again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
Well, hello again. This is GaijinOtaku (see just a few posts above). The different username/account is because my E-Mail was hacked so now I can't get into my old account. Anyway, hello again.
That sucks :( Sorry your email got hacked, but I'm glad to see you back again :3 Welcome! Again XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:58 am 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

Lol srry I didn't notice this at all, I think I'm losing focus because I started posting in other places one or two posts really but I guess a proper introduction is needed! I am a major Fan of Anime and when I found Alien Nine only about a month or so ago I couldn't get enough!
I decided that I wanted to examine the series as best I could I'm intrested in the series because it was so Diffrent. I guess you could say it's a bit unhealthy but the psychology and characters were the reasons for this.

I love every character but have a special place for Kumi and Yuri who are my absolute favorites. I am currently trying to obtain the manga 2-3 cause I read the first which is all I read other than Psychology now a days.
I am happy to become a member and would like to say "Hello!!" to everyone and say I have nothing but appreciation and respect for the series.
Though I write fanfiction and am not opposed to say the series kinda so far left me feeling like I watched LOST!!! but I love that about it!!

So it's nice to meet everyone and I hope to make some spoofs aswell as thought out posts on the psychology of the series but first I need the 2-3 mangas which I will hopefully get in a week or so!! <3 :3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:44 am 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Welcome to the forum!

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 507 posts ]  Go to page Previous 129 30 31 32 33 34 Next