Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:49 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Archiving Forum
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:37 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Hello all,

Seems there was overwhelming amounts of spam due to new bot scripts that my previously implemented safeguards no longer work against. I had to delete over 1000 users and hundreds of posts / topics that all came about after July 24 2019 (sorry if any legit users / posts got deleted in the crossfire).

Activity on the forum has understandably dwindled over the years due to lack of new material for the series, and I as well as other moderators / admins had other things come up in life that has diverted our attentions. These days there's also many more platforms to go to for discussion of lesser known series like these like Reddit, Twitter etc. (funny to think this board was made back in March 2005 before those existed). I feel leaving the board active at this point would therefore just devolve into a bot spam haven, which would be a sad sight. So to preserve the valuable content made by members, I have decided to put the forum into archive mode (all forum sections are locked and new registrations closed). Thank you to everyone who contributed here, I hope you all are well and wish you all the best.

Post subject: Re: Archiving Forum
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:08 pm 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

I had a random thought to check back on this website. Good times. It's fun to look back on all the conversations. I joined this forum when I was in middle school back in 2006 and had a blast conversing with all of you. I am 29 and married now and planning to start a family soon.

Thank you Sai, for starting the forum and archiving it. :D

To everyone, remember to not be afraid of the newly crashed alien ship. Explore the unknown, and never stop learning. You are strong. Aim for the stars!