Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:10 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

On the other RP threads I have been with it has always been a good idea to make a separate thread for discussion, story boarding, etc.

The purpose is so that the story won't get bogged with idle discussion.

I will start with a question and suggestion.

Are we all playing the main characters? If so that seems quite confusing, perhaps we could assign them to someone or something.

Usually in the previous one's I have been with they would have gone to the person running the game, ie who started the thread.

It's just a suggestion, what you want to do is up to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:38 pm 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

I'm the one who started it, and yes the real characters are being played by everyone, I personaly think it works better and helps the story progress, it may seem confusing, but it worked last time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:18 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Okay, I'll see if I could get the feel of it then. (I have never shared characters before)

Just a heads up though, I am pretty much gonna primarily focus on my character.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:21 pm 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

Thats fine and dandy, it just helps to use some real characters to progress the story, but you can mainly focus on your own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:58 am 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

Well I think we've established who's crazy.....( Heh me and Draco always have crazy people in everything.)

I propose we start with a simple training exercise, so Megumi can build trust between every one, since pretty much Ryoma's scary, Ami's freaky, Akiho's creepy, and Amber is THE ONLY NORMAL PERSON. The original cast are a bit wary of them I think.

So its only natural....Also Me and Draco will probably still play Ami and Ryoma for crazyness, though Ami will be alot less durning missions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:03 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

Training exercise will probably work for starters, the first version of the rollplay started that way also, but we skiped the first meetings between the characters that time which was probably a mistake, which of course was corrected this time, the charecters do need to work together somewhat before they can become friends.

and since it seems Ryoma and Ami allready know etch other(kind of makes sense since Ryoma is Megumi's son and Ami is Chisa's niece), it may be harder for them to get along as it seems Ryoma tarrified Ami last they met.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:09 am 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

Yeah...( I should mention she's also Chisa's adopted child, since her parents are dead, but she still calls her aunty).....I think we need to go over their history sometime later just so all of us end up on the same page and everything can go alot more smoothly. :sleeping:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:08 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

I think I should lay out some simple facts about Ryoma, it will be esyer to astablish his and Ami's history that way, as it seems somewhat inportant to the storyline.

Ryoma's true personality is alot like Yuri's, he was scared often, though he exceeded in school alot so he was kind of like Yuri and Kasumi blended together in some ways.

Megumi feared that Ryoma was weak and would be killed by the aliens that started apearing near school, since she couldnt protect him all the time and he wasnt old enough to fuse him with a borg at the time, she sighed him up for a expariment that was being conducted in a lab far off in another city, Megumi thought the the genetic enhancments they gave him and the tests they put him through would only make him stronge.

But they didn't, the genetic alteration made Ryoma's body into a constently evolving nervoust system that he could controle to regenarate, form new body parts at will, change his body parts, he was nearly invicible in that matter, but the the other tests conbined with the stress his new body gave to his brain made him go insane, he was placed in a insane asylum despite Megumi's protests, intell now when she managed to get him out.

Ryoma was 8 when these tests were done to him, he is 12 now, hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:10 am 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

That's awesome...

Ami's is alittle less epic, Ami was a normal nice young girl with lots of friends, real smart, and outgoing. when she was 9 her parents died in an accident, but saved her, after seeing her parents die, she was traumatized and slowly closed herself off to people, she became introverted and went a bit insane, ( it wasn't too extreme, but really disconcerting)

Chisa being the only close relative became Ami's caretaker, she was put in the same insane asylum as Ryoma, but only because she was psychotic and neurotic, about 12 she got out, but became extremely dependent and easily overwhelmed by simple daily things.

So Chisa gave her a borg, Ophelia, and taught her how to gain control of situations involving alien fighting, she gained a colder more analytical side from the feeling of control she got from hunting, but never gained the strength to open up.

She has met Ryoma on many occasions, but keeps suppressing the traumatic memories, causing her to forget or gain temporary amnesia. Chisa moved her , at the now age of 13 to elementry school 9 in order to keep a better eye on her and help her grow.

Her partner, Ophelia, is mostly her tether to reality and tries to make sure that Ami is safe, it will go to any length in order to protect her or keep her from going crazy, which is hard to avoid due to Ami's timidness and sensitivity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:26 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

Interesting, though I will say that while in the asylum Ryoma was kept very contained, in a speciel holding cell, fully restrained, even muzzled, as any free body part Ryoma could evolve into a threat or way to escape, so Ami couldnt really have met him in the asylum even if they both stayed there, ofcourse that dosnt mean she couldnt of herd about him, or perhaps met him when Megumi was visiting him, as she was able to calm him enough for them to take him out of restraints.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:55 am 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

Well I never mentioned when she met him on those occasions, I must leave holes to be filled, but I supose when they were being visited would be the only way for them to have met. Well we'll figure it out soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:59 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

It's simple, Chisa and Megumi are friends, to some extent at least, from what I can tell, they would probably have them meet if they visited at the same time, ofcourse intell Chisa learns that Ryoma only makes Ami's problems worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:24 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Here is a more in-depth Bio.

Amber is an only child, pretty normal for the most part.

How she got involved with the alien party is pretty funny, her class was struggling to find someone to represent them. Pretty much after she introduced herself, majority of the class elected her to take the position so that none of them had to.

In other words they threw the new kid under the bus.

Amber really doesn't know what the Alien Party is all about due to the fact she spent the last eleven years attending a school on a US base in Okinawa. Because of the high level of security there they didn't need an Alien Party on the campus, MP's did all that work for them, so the concept of elementary students fighting off aliens will be a little different and frankly freaky for her.

So she has never really been expose to too much alien activity.

Have any questions let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:47 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

:yawn:

Last edited by tachi on Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:13 pm 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

awesome...BTW I got the reference to Donnie Darko.... Me and Draco's OCs should help then, cause they are villians, plus Draco has that alien clan thread we can put to use now.