All times are UTC

Would you want a Storytelling section?
Aye! 92%  92%  [ 11 ]
Nah... 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes: 12
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:15 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

The idea for this storytelling section hit me sometime ago. After a small discussion with Sai (XD), I was given the OK to start the section. However, i would need to start a poll to see if you would support this idea, as the section would require heavy participation from you guys to keep it up and about. Now for the details...

This storytelling event will require a whole lot of creativity. What we'll do is, a certain section of the AlienNine anime (or manga) will be taken and changed a little to be used for the storytelling. For example, according to the anime, Yuri was attacked by the 3 boys in the Alien Storeroom. However, after modification, I'll state that 'Yuri was attacked by the 3 boys, but Kumi came to her rescue'. Then on, you create a story from there. This is only an exmaple. Of course, I've lots more planned for this section. Your story can be absurb, ridiculous or whatsoever that does not stick to the original story. But after all, this is to make use of your creativity.

To make sure that the story does not get out of hand, please limit your storyline to just the incident mentioned. Also, don't include excessive violence (if you want to kill some aliens, it's ok, but don't go to the extent of explaining how it's done) in your story, and the use of any explicite terms are not allowed. Your story has to be not more than 1000 words, nor can it be less than 300 words (to check the number of words, use the Microsoft Word's 'word count').

Your comments for the section would, of course, be greatly appreciated. Ideas for the the storytelling competitions can be sent to me (but I cannot guarantee that they will be used). Now the only problem is, would you want to directly enter your story into the forum section, or would you prefer that you send your stories to me first, where I'll post them after some screening? Your choice.... =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:15 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

For those who may not have Microsoft Word or anything else that counts words, there is a nice little word count script on the following page:
http://webdeveloper.earthweb.com/reposi ... 1/div.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:14 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

Nya... sounds quiet interesting and I would like to hit my keyboard (if you know what I mean). Also I prefer posting our story directly in the forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:57 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Ooo.. This DOES sound interesting. XD

I'm not much of a writer, though i'd try. ._.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:46 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

It is not necessary for you to have perfect english to try out for the storytelling. As long as you are able to create a story of your own, it's OK. Everyone will appreciate it. XD I'll try out myself too, but that is if I've got some free time. ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:13 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

I have an A-grade in english, but if I have to write something I'm about to die...

You say I'm giving you the blues
Maybe
You mean every word you say
Can't help but think of yesterday
And another who tied me down to loverboy rules
My Deviantart gallery, feel free to comment my work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:07 am 
New Student
New Student

We can't explain the evisceration in great detail?

Where's the fun in that?! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:27 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

I don't normally participate in these things because they take a lot of time and can become somewhat obsessive for me...
Swore off role playing of all sorts after failing Algebra. -~- Best of luck to all who partake in it though. :cheer: I'll probably follow the story but won't post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:27 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

First, good luck to those who are participating. And for those who are still considering, just join the fun. =P *brainwashes you all* It is not necessary of you to participate in every round of the storytelling event. You can choose to participate in every 2 events or so, if you wish to take a break. After all, the fun of the storytelling event is to put your creativity to the test, and let your imagination run (not so) wild.

Second, for those who don't wish to particiapte, well... I hope I can change your mind. XD But at least thank you for taking part in the poll. ^^

I would most likely start the first storytelling event this Thursday, or the latest by Friday. The event (not competition, btw) will last for a week, and by then, hopefully all entries would be in. And when that happens, we can all have some fun reading the creation of others. ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:38 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Yeah, I think it's a way of expressing our feelings and all of those you want to say.
Go for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:12 am 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Is this kind of like circle-writing or something...? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:19 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Quote:
Erm... I don't have any idea what circle-writing is *checks dictionary*, but it's more of an event more a starting point of the story is given and people can just post their stories from their on. It's not a competition, so there isn't a 'and we have a winner' kind of thing. It's a free country; anyone can participate. ^^ However, the idea isn't hitting off well just yet, so I'll most likely to get the next event into action soon, unless someone wishes to host it. :cheer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:06 am 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Ah...okays. ^^ I can try participating...but uh...as you know don't trust me. ^_^;; I'm pretty free for the next week only and that's it. -~- Anyway, I'll see what I can come up with. =D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:07 am 
Possessed
Possessed

this sounds very interesting! i'll try to join in aswell XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:33 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:
Quote:
Erm... I don't have any idea what circle-writing is *checks dictionary*, but it's more of an event more a starting point of the story is given and people can just post their stories from their on. It's not a competition, so there isn't a 'and we have a winner' kind of thing. It's a free country; anyone can participate. ^^ However, the idea isn't hitting off well just yet, so I'll most likely to get the next event into action soon, unless someone wishes to host it. :cheer:
Ah! A Round Robin! One person starts the story, another continues it from there, then another continues on from there, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. =)

Crystalline Academy -- Personal website.
My DeviantArt Gallery