Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:05 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:25 pm 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Ok, I did some AlienNine drawings while I was bored stiff in my office some days ago. Since they looked really cute to me, I just couldn't resist showing them off. XD (sry if I sound kinda proud here) However, the ideas for the images didn't come from me. I got the pictures from the internet some months ago. However, I forgotten the site which I took the idea from and I have no idea what I typed in the search engine to get the website either. ^^ So, in a way, I am only emulating the works of someone else (I guess).

And for the pictures... (for some reason, my photobucket account just wouldn't allow me to shrink down the size of the pictures anymore, so I guess I'll have to do with these.)

ImageImageImage

Because the drawings aren't really of my creation (though I did draw them myself), I'm not sure if it would be suitable if they were put up on the crossrealms website, coz this isn't really fanart. Izzit? ^^;;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:35 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

O_O You SHOULD be proud. Those are -SO- cute~ :DDD Awww.. *pets them*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:59 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

Te he he, you don't know were you've got those pictures from, but I do. They are from the hentai dojin doki doki panic

You say I'm giving you the blues
Maybe
You mean every word you say
Can't help but think of yesterday
And another who tied me down to loverboy rules
My Deviantart gallery, feel free to comment my work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:34 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Wow, really great artwork. Yuri is adorable here. Lovely detail. Looks like a professional piece of work.

I'd like to see you do some more artwork, perhaps not drawn from someone else' style. It looks like you're a very talented artist. Either way it'd be cool to see more.
Quote:
Te he he, you don't know were you've got those pictures from, but I do. They are from the hentai dojin doki doki panic
Do you know the artist name for the doujin? If I note that it is inspired fanart of a fanart (doujin) then it should be fine to put on the website, since then it's all fully credited either way.
Not heard of that doujin before, shame it is adult though (personally).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:08 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

But I'm sure I didn't even see anything out of the ordinary when I got the images... :comfort:

If they are really from an adult site (which I'm not bother going to find out), then I don't really feel proud of (not really) my work anymore...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:02 am 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

Quote:
Wow, really great artwork. Yuri is adorable here. Lovely detail. Looks like a professional piece of work.

I'd like to see you do some more artwork, perhaps not drawn from someone else' style. It looks like you're a very talented artist. Either way it'd be cool to see more.
Quote:
Do you know the artist name for the doujin? If I note that it is inspired fanart of a fanart (doujin) then it should be fine to put on the website, since then it's all fully credited either way.
Not heard of that doujin before, shame it is adult though (personally).
Well, I dont know who's the artist but I'm sure that I will figure it out.
Quote:
But I'm sure I didn't even see anything out of the ordinary when I got the images...

If they are really from an adult site (which I'm not bother going to find out), then I don't really feel proud of (not really) my work anymore...
You should be proud of it! It dosn't matter where you've got your inspiration from, at least I don't care....

You say I'm giving you the blues
Maybe
You mean every word you say
Can't help but think of yesterday
And another who tied me down to loverboy rules
My Deviantart gallery, feel free to comment my work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:01 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Quote:

You should be proud of it! It dosn't matter where you've got your inspiration from, at least I don't care....
I don't care either, at least XD I STILL think it's cute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:43 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Hey, I agree, you shouldn't worry about where it came from. You know, as much as I personally don't like this fact (since I'm not into adult stuff), it's a fact that some of the most amazing artist' do adult stuff. But obviously not all of it is adult, even if it's aimed at that audience the whole of their artwork is never simply just about that aspect, so there's still plenty to appreciate. There are some really amazing adult doujinshi artists that I've found in the past (by picking up images by them that were non-adult in nature).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:21 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Well, thanks guys for the compliments and the little cheering-ups. Seriously, the characters just look too cute for me to resist, especially their eyes and chibi-like form. At least they look different from the characters I see in the AlienNine anime and manga.

In a way, I'm kinda like a great artist-wannabe (tt's why I drew lots of stuff off Neopets =D). But the adult comics artists never cease to amaze me. I always wonder why it's always them who can do the cute drawings...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:50 am 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

OI. I saw an alian nine doujin once. NO! Kumi would not dooo that to yuri!! ;_; *hated it*
But yes, the art work was suprisingly good! I think a lot of new manga artsist get their names known through doujin, unfortunately the only doujin that sells is *cough*wrong*cough*

And wow! This pic you posted is really amazing! You're a great artist. ^_^
I'm going to copy it. I love Kasumi *again* she's very cute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:43 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Erm... I know I sound kinda like an idiot now, but what exactly is doujin? Is it related to hentai or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:09 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

A Doujin (Short for Doujinshi) is a fan-comic made by.. well, fans of a certain series.

Like if some japanese Alien 9 fan decided "Hey, i'll draw a whole book-long Alien 9 fan comic and maybe it'll get published and be sold to other fans!" Then they're wanting to draw a doujinshi.

a LOT of doujinshi are hentai, but you can always find a bunch that are safe and just cute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:17 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Ohh... thanks for the info. =D

Btw, is there a meaning for the word 'yurichan' and 'yuri' (not a name)? I keep seeing those words popping up whenever I view some anime sites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:16 am 
I don't know about "yurichan" since chan is usually at the end of a name to denote cuteness, but Yuri is a form of anime dealing with lesbian relationships.
Believe it or not, I actually know the history of this word.
Yuri is Japanese for Lilly, which is sometimes slang for lesbian, and in the past lesbian characters in anime were often named "yuri" to allude to the fact that they either were lesbians, or very likely to be lesbians. And so when people reffered to the genre of lesbian anime, they began calling it "yuri" and so yuri is now used to refer to all lesbian themed anime.
Many anime that are not lesbian themed, are associated with yuri through fan fiction and fan art.
Alien nine for example, may or may not be intended as a yuri, but many of it's fans would sat it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:56 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Quote:
I don't know about "yurichan" since chan is usually at the end of a name to denote cuteness, but Yuri is a form of anime dealing with lesbian relationships.
Believe it or not, I actually know the history of this word.
Yuri is Japanese for Lilly, which is sometimes slang for lesbian, and in the past lesbian characters in anime were often named "yuri" to allude to the fact that they either were lesbians, or very likely to be lesbians. And so when people reffered to the genre of lesbian anime, they began calling it "yuri" and so yuri is now used to refer to all lesbian themed anime.
Many anime that are not lesbian themed, are associated with yuri through fan fiction and fan art.
Alien nine for example, may or may not be intended as a yuri, but many of it's fans would sat it is.
Ah.. thanks for the info then. What an ... interesting history for that word. XD So if Otani-san from the AlienNine got her 'yuri' name, then we can pretty much ascertain about the shoujo-ai relationship she might have with Kumi in the anime. =D So that leaves Kasumi all alone... :comfort:

For some reason, after seeing what kupopops said about the aliennine doujin he saw, I just kinda think... something's funny of what he said.