Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:04 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

2 out of 3 Alien 9 mangas came in the mail today. I`m so happy! I have no. 1 and no. 3. I also ordered the full DVD. There`s two parts in the manga that confuse me though. I thinking that the first one has messed up translating or something since it feels so out of place. Okay, so Yuri panics her borg dies, and as she heads for Miyu, and she kills her partner`s borgs. Understandable. In the anime, where Yuri seems to be in such a panic, is just crying. Understandable. But in the manga she looks like she`s being sarcastic and says, "Tee-hee.... I`m going to see Miyu now." Or something like that. What throws me off is the laughing part.Does she find this funny? If anyone has comments please share. I thought that maybe she cracked and was trying to make the situation light? It still seems out of whack!! The expression on her face is so questionable. The other part that confuses me, I will have to ask later.

Last edited by FleetingMischief on Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:30 am 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

Actually many parts of the manga and anime are different in certain aspects, because Hitoshi Tomizawa didn't get invovled with the anime and he wanted to see how the production team would handle it.
As for the Yuri laughing part, that's what we call cognitive dissonance, she killed all the aliens and starts laughing cause she wants to deny what she just did, other wise know as disassociation. (yes, I just up'd my psychology skills.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:46 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Yeah anime and manga are never exactly the same. With the exception of Mushishi, funny story about that. We were watching the 5th episode (I think), and I was like... Kim, these frames are just like how someone would draw a manga, and I can't get my mind off of it. I started to mention it a couple more times until I finally said, hey Kim? Do you have the Mushishi manga? She said yes, that she had them all. [All that was currently released.] So as the show was playing he kept flipping through the mangas until we could find it. I happened to hold the right book, and when I caught up to the right scene, I was shocked.

I pointed to Kim what the next scene was, and then the TV screen switched to it, and I pointed to the next one, and the screen switched to it. We started squealing. The angles of the characters in the panels even matched it. I think there were a few instances where the anime added 2 seconds of another screen to clarify the scene but it was really just following the manga. Pretty dang exactly. I joked and I said, they cut up the manga and used it as the story board. xD

Anyways, there's one scene I can't get my mind off. Near the end of book 3. The principal is talking to Megumi. She says,

"I think it could be a good thing for humans. They could choose from others besides us in the drill clan."

Megumi replies, "But it'll be hard for us. We'll have to convince them that they'll be happier living symbiotically with us than with the others.

The principal gets mad and drops the sweet pastry from her mouth.

"Then you'd better get it together." The principal says to Megumi, now pinching her cheek.

I have an idea of what is going on. But before that, does anyone have comments on this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:57 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

My take:
The principal is being generous and optomistic in considering the humans freedom of choice despite potential comsequences. The teacher takes a more pessimistic stance in how much work it will create for them and how much extra competition it will make to have to upsell the Borg clan vs e.g. Yellow Knife, Sunflower and any other future clans that join the market. Megumi has previously shown that she hates competition, even within her own clan, plus she sometimes wants to take the easy and fast route such as re-using those parasitic aliens in training her Alien Party instead of waiting despite the risks. So extra work isn't her ideal I think. The principal gets annoyed at her attitude and tells her to shape up if she wants to be successful both with regard to work and in getting others to see her viewpoint on fusing with Borgs (the teacher is shown in the manga to have a very close and happy relationship with her Borg).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:10 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

What you're saying makes everything clear to me!! I also think that finishing volume 2 helped. But yes!! That makes perfect sense!!!

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]