Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:26 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
Thank you so much.

Did you know Takashi Murakami admires Tomizawa´s work?
He calls him "the creator of a new otaku aesthetic"

Anyway, thanks again, I´m a big fan
His stories are so...
Dehumanizing
(just like Murakami´s work lol)
Right, I'd read before that Murakami largely considers Hitoshi Tomizawa to be a part of his superflat movement, and I always wondered why Tomizawa doesn't illustrate more than he does (or at least more than what I've been able to see). I've always had mixed feelings on Murakami's work. I'm of the opinion that he restricts himself through overabundant repetition and overly simplistic character design. All the saturated colors and lack of any tonal gradation also feels a bit harsh to me. That said, he has quite a following and a lot of folks really enjoy him. I'm just personally more into Tomizawa, who has a very original though recognizable drawing style. Perhaps it's also that I'm more into realism.

And you're so welcome! Always glad to help a fan! Tomizawa has an incredible quality to his work that I've always found stark and unforgiving, contrasted by how cutesy his presentation is. A great sense of irony, perhaps. His storytelling is quite strange though hugely enjoyable! XD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:36 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
Well like the others i feel weird asking but what the hell i will anyway. The worst you could do is say no.

Would you mind sending me emulators? I want to show other people how good the manga is. It took me forever to find the original manga and i have had no luck finding emulators.

So Mr. saint could you spread the word of emulators to another unworthy fan?
Consider yourself worthy! XD Check your inbox!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:40 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
Hi, I've been searching the internet for Alien 9 Emulators for ages and finally found this forums.
I love Alien 9 ever since I saw the anime and read the manga but the I found out about Alien 9 Emulators but couldn't find it and I've been dying to know how this end up for them after the last volume.

I know I might sound rude for asking this being it my first post but could you PM me the link to Alien 9 Emulators, also Thank You in advance.
Glad to hear you enjoy A9 so much! Check your inbox and enjoy Emulators! :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:43 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
Haha. Repo, your audience awaits thee! xD
Haha, I know right?! :O

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:14 am 
New Student
New Student

Thanks you Repo Baxil I can finally read emulators and it is sad the hard copy of the book is rare and expensive nowadays I really wanted the hard copy for myself but this will do anyway thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:56 am 
New Student
New Student

Thank you for both the links and Emulators.
It's your fault that I'm going to spend an all-nighter for this lol
I found Alien Nine by looking through my brother's anime dvd collection about a month ago.
With that ending on the OVA, I just wanted to know what the hell's going on!

Do you know what Hitoshi Tomizawa has been doing recently?
I've checked on mangaupdates, but his most recent manga was back in 2005...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:41 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

2005... Was that for the manga with the symbiotic tails?

Anyways... It could be possible that he got a job working with manga/anime/etc., under someone else as an apprentice again, and has gone unnoticed because of that. Or he could have just stopped publishing work altogether. That would be kinda sad.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:14 pm 
New Student
New Student

Thank you very much repo. You will always have a follower of alien nine and yours right here forever. I must say you are the man and I would give you cookies if i could for your awesomeness.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:25 am 
New Student
New Student

I just saw Alien 9 emulators in mangafox and it was uploaded by Repo Baxil is it really "Repo Baxil"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:25 pm 
New Student
New Student

Yeah I just checked and seen that to. I don't think its are "repo". I mean the person literally just joined manga fox, that is unless repo didn’t have an account and decided to upload it. We’ll have to wait for repo to come on so he can inform us. That wouldn’t be right for someone to take his scans and upload them without permission. >:(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:49 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Hey gang, thanks for your concern, but that legitimately was me posting Emulators onto Manga Fox. I made an account after seeing that the original Alien 9 trilogy had finally been posted and was very warmly received by a substantial audience. Apparently for some time there's been a good number of folks on Manga Fox seeking Emulators to no avail, and I was only now learning of it's popularity on the site. As much as I enjoyed having the only copy on the web, (and it being something of an exclusivity to the Alien Nine Unofficial Site we're browsing now) I figured I should put it where the most people could more easily find it.

Enter Manga Fox.

I discovered the completion of the original trilogy just days ago, after a request for Tomizawa's works from another forum member, and did a search revealing the newly added A9 content to Manga Fox. (years ago it's scanlation had been abandoned just a few chapters into the first book) That's when I learned that there was a sizable audience there also seeking Emulators. With this new found knowledge, I decided to make it available to them, as a lot of them just weren't ever going to find me here :O That was the good Samaritan in me. I kind of enjoyed the prospect of a fan having to come to the most comprehensive A9 site on the web to find the manga, but not all of them did, and now it seemed like it would be a bit of a jerk move for me to continue hiding it quite so much. So I started posting it.

I was LOST, guys. I messed up. Several times.

The first time I scanned it all, a year ago now, it took me a couple weeks, and was actually done for one forum member upon request. It was kind of fun though, and I shortly after decided to make it available for everyone through private message. Anyway, the other night when I first started submitting it to Manga Fox, things were pretty rough. I made a few mistakes in the submission process, and on Manga Fox, everything has to be approved by a moderator before it takes effect. So after screwing up, I have to ask an administrator through a PM to let me start over, and wait for them to receive the request and update the folder - but not before they have to approve the original action that I'm requesting they amend. Looking at how many messages I had to send one guy, I don't know if the mods there really like me by now XD I messed up on the new Emulators folder that I requested be made (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/alien_9_e ... s/#listing) - which wasn't entirely necessary, as an Alien 9 folder (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/alien_nine/) already existed; possibly my first mistake. After messing up on the new Emulators page, I returned to the original Alien 9 directory (the latter link). Confused yet? @~@ Starting over, I decided to take the opportunity to go to my files and fix some contrast and sharpness issues that plagued the version you've all received from me up to this point (astronomically minor stuff, honestly, but I did it out of love, haha). I worked with lossless formats and got all the wrinkles ironed out. Now I needed to have my files removed from the botched Emulators folder so I could resubmit the new ones. Then it would all be perfect. Unfortunately, I still needed several actions from moderators on the site in order to get the O.K. So I went to sleep. In the morning, I realized the first chapter had never been accepted to the Emulators folder. Even though they weren't the best Emulators files on Manga Fox, I wanted them to be as good as possible until I replaced them. So, I submitted the first chapter again and this time it stuck.

Ok, so, since then, the guy who posted all the original Alien 9 trilogy a few days ago has taken credit for the first two chapters on the Emulators page, both of which were scanned and posted by yours truly. Not. Cool. I've messaged an administrator so that I can build that page's content up again with the new and improved images, and also addressed the issue of a user taking credit for two of my chapters. Other than that one snag, it's all good. I'll keep you guys posted as to how it goes down.

/rant

Anyway, I want to wish everyone a very happy Thanksgiving!!! XD

*EDIT: Okay, both pages now have the same content, and all problems have been fixed ^^

*EDIT 2: I was contacted by the user on Manga Fox who posted the original trilogy and he was able to clear his name. He received his scans through a third party, in this case a friend of his who took my scans and gave them to him. Unaware I was the producer of the scans in his possession, he tried to start a friendly scan battle with me, which I mistook for something sinister. After some confusion he googled my name and found this post. He promptly made contact with me and apologized for the misunderstanding. I would like to also apologize for the misunderstanding we had and thank him very much for contributing Volumes 1-3 of Alien 9 on Manga Fox :D

This post will be edited further in a few days or entirely removed due to the ultimate confusion it will cause most users. I will soon place a sticky including the Manga Fox A9 link, also ^^ But not before getting some Turkey in me :3

Take care, guys.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:58 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Wow quite a fuss heh. Glad its sorted.
Quote:
I kind of enjoyed the prospect of a fan having to come to the most comprehensive A9 site on the web to find the manga, but not all of them did
That's nice of you Repo :)
I do actually have a hard copy of Emulators. But can't really host full episodes or full mangas on the main site due to copyright so its fair for another site who are willing to take that responsibility host it. Maybe it will make more Alien Nine fans in the process.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:29 am 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

Quote:
Anyways... It could be possible that he got a job working with manga/anime/etc., under someone else as an apprentice again, and has gone unnoticed because of that. Or he could have just stopped publishing work altogether. That would be kinda sad.
I've been thinking about this lately, and I've come to an interesting conclusion:"Hitoshi Tomizawa" is probably just a pseudonym for another mangaka.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3