Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:57 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:11 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

In Book 2, after Kumi and Kasumi stormed into the Forest of Spaceship to rescue Yuri, the duo found out their powers, much to the dismay of Kumi. As in the 'Emergency Victim Report', Kumi was 'successful at living symbiotically with a Borg, but during reconstruction procedure, turned into one', and she 'cannot serve as a host'.

What I don't get is, when they mention 'cannot serve as a host', do they mean the borg cannot fuse with its master or just that the borg will not respond to him/her when it is put on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:26 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

I think its because Kumi have become a Borg. So she can't host another one

You say I'm giving you the blues
Maybe
You mean every word you say
Can't help but think of yesterday
And another who tied me down to loverboy rules
My Deviantart gallery, feel free to comment my work!

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:23 am 
Possessed
Possessed

Quote:
In Book 2, after Kumi and Kasumi stormed into the Forest of Spaceship to rescue Yuri, the duo found out their powers, much to the dismay of Kumi. As in the 'Emergency Victim Report', Kumi was 'successful at living symbiotically with a Borg, but during reconstruction procedure, turned into one', and she 'cannot serve as a host'.

What I don't get is, when they mention 'cannot serve as a host', do they mean the borg cannot fuse with its master or just that the borg will not respond to him/her when it is put on?

basiclly she can't have her hair turn into drills and communicate with the borg inside her because she became one and didn't symbioticly fuse with one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:09 pm 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

Sorry about reviving a long-dead thread, but this question has been nagging me for a while. -~-

Why did Yuri go into the Forest of Spaceships? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 8:12 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

She was probably conned by some aliens. She wanted to save them so badly so maybe she thought the answer lied in the forest of spaceships.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:25 am 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

Ooh, interesting point of view, Kumi-chan. And I do remember that after the fish-alien tried to eat her, she says "I can't do this. I'll never be able to get Kumi and Kasumi back to normal", or something like that.
Watch out for the con-aliens! xD;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:16 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:
I think its because Kumi have become a Borg. So she can't host another one
Yeah, I think I have to agree with that.

Kumi fused with her borg, so she herself has become a borg, and since they can't separate, she/her borg can't host anyone else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:05 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

I've always hated that part, when Kumi becomes an alien. I didn't want her to be fused like that at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:15 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
I've always hated that part, when Kumi becomes an alien. I didn't want her to be fused like that at all.
Yeah. Poor Kumi, as if she didn't have it bad enough already -~- And then it distanced her from Yuri... :...:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:33 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

She became more closer to Kasumi after that, but then it made her have "feelings" for Yuri. That's why the YurixKumi shippers where probably created <---this isn't 100% accurate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:09 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

yeah, 4 sounds kind of aggravating from what I've heard, everybody getting turned into aliens and dying and fusing with evil...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:17 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

I loved Emulators! it was hilarous with all of the things Monami did (she is such a fool). I can't really spoil it to you but I'll say this much, it's very good ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:55 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

i've picked up tidpitr from other posts like i said in the anime thread of least fav. epi. emulators sounds like the ending of 1 when i watched it one night and got mad that i had watched it at all becuase i didn't know there were other volumes. after looking it up on the internet i found the others though. and a critical review by kidfenris

(http://www.kidfenris.com/alien9.html

i saw it long ago before the forum, but hey.

okay, that's all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:26 am 
Possessed
Possessed

wow, this is a preety harsh rating if you ask me..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:32 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

That review isn't terrible really. They do afterall give it a B+ and say that if you can get past some of the repetive aspects you'll find something deeper and interesting. Not everyone will want to look past Yuri's tears and consider the reasonings and raw emotions, most will want their leads to be unshakable and I suppose the review is aimed at a general audience.
My interpretation is that Yuri throughout the series is the only one to consistently show real honest emotions and as if to prove that, she is described as being 'too normal' and is the only one who remains human. Kumi and Kasumi's shocking experiences forcing them to grow up mentally faster than they would normally be expected and making them hide their real feelings of loneliness/depression contrasts with Yuri. On the surface we look at Kasumi and Kumi and think they are the strongest, but deep down they suffer and at one point or another lose sight of themselves to be permanently controlled by aliens until things are righted again. Well thats just my opinion.
I do think it a shame regarding some of the cristicisms, but its a reviewers job to be critical.
I have seen a harsher review. Where they just basically can't get over the fact of Yuri crying so much and find it so ridiculous that they can hardly bare to watch and decide to play target practice at Yuri until it ends.... To each their own I guess. -~-

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next