Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:16 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:57 am 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

Quote:
That raises another question - Since when did Kasumi fuse with her borg? I though she fused with the Yellow Knife. Kasumi's hair seems to be able to do the Yellow Knife's spirals and also also sprouted drills too, just like the borg. Confusing this is...
I have this funny theory that anyone who fuses with an alien have the ability to sprout drills regardless of which alien they fuse with. But while somebody who fuses with the Drill clan can only sprout drills, somebody else who fuses with the Yellow Knife clan can also produce sonic waves. Of course, this is a disadvantage for the Drill clan but the reason I thought up this theory is because you can only become a part of one clan and the only way for other clans to sprout drills is if they can do it from the start.

Either that, or the Yellow Knife has an ability to insert its traits to a Borg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:33 am 
Possessed
Possessed

Quote:
Quote:
That raises another question - Since when did Kasumi fuse with her borg? I though she fused with the Yellow Knife. Kasumi's hair seems to be able to do the Yellow Knife's spirals and also also sprouted drills too, just like the borg. Confusing this is...
I have this funny theory that anyone who fuses with an alien have the ability to sprout drills regardless of which alien they fuse with. But while somebody who fuses with the Drill clan can only sprout drills, somebody else who fuses with the Yellow Knife clan can also produce sonic waves. Of course, this is a disadvantage for the Drill clan but the reason I thought up this theory is because you can only become a part of one clan and the only way for other clans to sprout drills is if they can do it from the start.

i think it's quite accurate actually O_O; it seems perfectly logical to me XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:33 am 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i think it's quite accurate actually O_O; it seems perfectly logical to me XD
Me too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:00 am 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

That does make sense, but Kasumi has lost her hair before and still continues to use the sonic waves. And even during the manga Kasumi was still acting under her own control the yellow knife tried to guide her this way and that but i think that it still came down to her doing what she wanted.

Wow it was wierd naving all those posts to be able to comment on them. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:02 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

I have a question about Emulators...

where does it say that Kumi lost her borg powers? I read somewhere in the forum that she lost it and i don't see it o_o

Kasumi and Monami put their hair on the decapitated head of Kumi and after it squashes.. Monami's hair says "Here's Kumi"...

and Ms. Hisakawa takes the hair and Kasumi to California to get her fixed... but doesn't Kumi still have her borg powers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:25 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

It's a theory, really. With the Kumi (and Kasumi) situation, the last we see of Kumi is the final panel with the picture of her restored, then on the "chibi comic" which again fails to disclose anything. We don't know whether or not Kumi and Kasumi regained their powers after all that. Megumi we know can not, but the other two were left up in the air.

This may go for Yuri as well, considering the spiral in her hair. We know her borg is defective, but what does this mean? During the sunflower incident, did she and her borg begin to fuse, but were cut off halfway? I think this may be one of the reasons Hitoshi Tomizawa ended the manga with so many mysteries. He himself has said A9 is aimed at young adults, who are (mostly) able to question and think about these things better than a small child would.

Crystalline Academy -- Personal website.
My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:35 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:
It's a theory, really. With the Kumi (and Kasumi) situation, the last we see of Kumi is the final panel with the picture of her restored, then on the "chibi comic" which again fails to disclose anything. We don't know whether or not Kumi and Kasumi regained their powers after all that. Megumi we know can not, but the other two were left up in the air.

This may go for Yuri as well, considering the spiral in her hair. We know her borg is defective, but what does this mean? During the sunflower incident, did she and her borg begin to fuse, but were cut off halfway? I think this may be one of the reasons Hitoshi Tomizawa ended the manga with so many mysteries. He himself has said A9 is aimed at young adults, who are (mostly) able to question and think about these things better than a small child would.
thank you :)

and to answer your question about Yuri's spiral in her hair...

I think when Yuri's borg was standing over her and dripped its saliva into her mouth while she was sleeping, then she was startled and woke up.. I think that's the time when Yuri began to get the drill in her hair, cause her borg tried to fuse, but Kumi and Kasumi stopped that from happening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:32 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

You're very welcome. ^^

Hmm, I never thought of that. I'll have to revisit that volume just to make sure.

Crystalline Academy -- Personal website.
My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:16 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:
You're very welcome. ^^

Hmm, I never thought of that. I'll have to revisit that volume just to make sure.
If I'm not mistaken.. I believe it's in manga #3.

Post subject: Emulators Ending
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:06 am 
Fused Borg
Fused Borg

Why doesn't Megumi fuse with a differant Borg instead of going back to being an 'ordinary' teacher?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:34 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

She probably thought it was for the best. She needed to help Kumi recover as well and she is probably the only one who knows how to do it.

Post subject: Re: Emulators Ending
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:03 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
Why doesn't Megumi fuse with a differant Borg instead of going back to being an 'ordinary' teacher?
She was REALLY attached to that borg if I remember right. Perhaps she felt as if nothing could replace it. When Kumi and her are chatting about borgs etc. Kumi questions if fusing is like getting married or something. Megumi seems to say its more like joining a club. But the way she was so attached to that borg, I think she felt like it was a close partner that made her feel safe. Perhaps the trust she had built up in it can't be transferred. Maybe after she got over it she eventually found another borg she could like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:07 am 
Fused Borg
Fused Borg

On a differant topic, I think that Kasumi fused with both her Borg and the Yellow Knife. That would explain why she is still able to use the drills. Kasumi's Borgs does whatever she tells it to do, so it would fuse with her and Yellow Knife if it made her happpy. Plus, even after shes fuses with the Yellow Knife, she is still wearing the Borg on her head, right? I think that Borgs can fuse with two aliens as long as they don't fight over control over the host. But a Borg and a Sunflower Alien together would not work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:46 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Hmm I don't know if she necessarily fuses with the borg too. I think in that sort of headset form, perhaps the borg is easier to manipulate. As they're given to the kids in that form to sort of train them up before they fuse with it, I assume it's easier to handle so perhaps she was able to keep control on it regardless of having the Yellow Knife inside ehr. Plus I think maybe the borg didn't even know about the Yellow Knife in her... or how much it had taken her over that is, as I remember that scene in the hospital where the borg gets suspicious (and almost looks ready to attack or defend itself as its eyes goes to crosses or something I think?) but she gives that fake smile she always does and says she's fine, fooling the borg. Later we see her beating up the borg.. maybe because it was being difficult... or she didn't feel as comfortable wearing it since being taken over (playing favouriets with the Yellow Knife in her)....
But Alien 9 leaves alot unanswered so its possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:33 pm 
Fused Borg
Fused Borg

That is probably true.

Also, even after having turned into a Borg, Kumi is still wearing one on her head. If she turned into one and can no longer fuse, why would she still need to wear one her head? Wouldn't it be like having two of the same person inside you?

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next