Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:15 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

After Monami transfers Kumi's memory into Kasumi's borg, we see them all at the airport with Kumi still as the borg. However, we also see Kasumi back with long hair. I'm guessing she is wearing a wig (like Megumi does), but would Kasumi still be able to use her powers as a Yellow Knife? I know Megumi had to become a regular teacher again due to the death of her borg, but what about Kasumi? Do you think there could there be another way to use her spirals, or do you think her weapon is out of the picture for good?

Crystalline Academy -- Personal website.
My DeviantArt Gallery

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:19 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Quote:
After Monami transfers Kumi's memory into Kasumi's borg, we see them all at the airport with Kumi still as the borg. However, we also see Kasumi back with long hair. I'm guessing she is wearing a wig (like Megumi does), but would Kasumi still be able to use her powers as a Yellow Knife? I know Megumi had to become a regular teacher again due to the death of her borg, but what about Kasumi? Do you think there could there be another way to use her spirals, or do you think her weapon is out of the picture for good?
Well, I've a feeling Kasumi went through the same cell-gel process as Kumi did in order to restore her body. This isn't really the first time Kasumi got her long hair back after they got cut short. As in Book 3, the Sunflower alien had cut off Kasumi's spirals when they attacked her. Soon after, Kasumi go back her hair, and she's back into her lets-use-the-mind-disorienting-powers-of-mine-again. Need a scan of that scene? I got get it. ^^

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:14 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:
Quote:
Well, I've a feeling Kasumi went through the same cell-gel process as Kumi did in order to restore her body. This isn't really the first time Kasumi got her long hair back after they got cut short. As in Book 3, the Sunflower alien had cut off Kasumi's spirals when they attacked her. Soon after, Kasumi go back her hair, and she's back into her lets-use-the-mind-disorienting-powers-of-mine-again. Need a scan of that scene? I got get it. ^^
That's what I was thinking too, at first. The times Kasumi went under the cell-gel process was to do exactly what you said--restore her body after she was attacked. However, when Kumi was going through the fusion problem at the hospital, Monami only grabbed Kasumi's borg, saying that she wouldn't need it anymore. She then had her own borg use Kasumi's to store Kumi's memory inside it (you can see that both girls seem to have baby-like hair under their "borg-pelts" [as I like to call them *laughs*]).

In volume 3, Kasumi is shown using hers to do both borg and Yellow Knife tricks. Since Kumi is still using Kasumi's "borg-pelt" at the airport scene and Kasumi suddenly gets shoulder-length hair (and we also see earlier that Megumi is wearing a wig when not with her own borg), it made me wonder as to whether or not Kasumi lost her power.

Am I making any sense? @_@

My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:47 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Well, let's remain on the nice side of the story and say that Kasumi still has the Yellow Knife's powers. Maybe Monami returned Kasumi's borg to her, or otherwise Kasumi just went through the cell-gel process again. Perhaps just for that once at the airport, Kasumi prefer shoulder-length hair. Besides, Kasumi does look much prettier with shoulder-length hair than with her one heck of a long hair (though I admit lots of hair is required just to form the spirals).

That raises another question - Since when did Kasumi fuse with her borg? I though she fused with the Yellow Knife. Kasumi's hair seems to be able to do the Yellow Knife's spirals and also also sprouted drills too, just like the borg. Confusing this is...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:21 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:
Well, let's remain on the nice side of the story and say that Kasumi still has the Yellow Knife's powers. Maybe Monami returned Kasumi's borg to her, or otherwise Kasumi just went through the cell-gel process again. Perhaps just for that once at the airport, Kasumi prefer shoulder-length hair. Besides, Kasumi does look much prettier with shoulder-length hair than with her one heck of a long hair (though I admit lots of hair is required just to form the spirals).
We can if you want to. =) I tend to think deep thoughts about a show I really like (even one such as Excel Saga!), so you might see that from me from time to time. ^_^;;

And I agree that Kasumi looks better with shoulder length hair. ^^ Those eyebrows of hers still scare me, though.
Quote:
That raises another question - Since when did Kasumi fuse with her borg? I though she fused with the Yellow Knife. Kasumi's hair seems to be able to do the Yellow Knife's spirals and also also sprouted drills too, just like the borg. Confusing this is...
I was kind of hoping that question would be answered in volume 2 (I have all the books but number 2...don't ask). I guess it wasn't. -~-

My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:35 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

Uh... my head aches, you two guys really make me thinking about that situation...

I think that as long as Kumis memorys are in Kasumis borg she can't use her yellow knife powers. And maybe she gets her "borg" back after Kumi was restored.

You say I'm giving you the blues
Maybe
You mean every word you say
Can't help but think of yesterday
And another who tied me down to loverboy rules
My Deviantart gallery, feel free to comment my work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:55 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Quote:
I was kind of hoping that question would be answered in volume 2 (I have all the books but number 2...don't ask). I guess it wasn't. -~-
I don't really wish to be a spoiler, but it wasn't. Maybe Kasumi secretly fused with her borg? *hush*
Quote:
I think that as long as Kumis memorys are in Kasumis borg she can't use her yellow knife powers. And maybe she gets her "borg" back after Kumi was restored.
That's a possibility too. I doubt that Kasumi would want to use her powers (if she had them at that time) at the airport when bidding farewell to Yuri and Monami, unless Kasumi finally cracked and said to Yuri ,'Hey Yuri! Here's a farewell gift from Kumi and me! NYYAAA!!' and did her hair thingy again. ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:00 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:
Quote:
I don't really wish to be a spoiler, but it wasn't. Maybe Kasumi secretly fused with her borg? *hush*
*laughs* It's very possible. Kasumi can be a sneaky one.
Quote:
Quote:
That's a possibility too. I doubt that Kasumi would want to use her powers (if she had them at that time) at the airport when bidding farewell to Yuri and Monami, unless Kasumi finally cracked and said to Yuri ,'Hey Yuri! Here's a farewell gift from Kumi and me! NYYAAA!!' and did her hair thingy again. ^^
Yuri: o_o; AAHH!

Monami: Yuri's being picked on again...

My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:55 pm 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
*laughs* It's very possible. Kasumi can be a sneaky one.
Well, since the story did not mention anything about Kasumi fusing with her borg and suddenly in the 'Yuri Incident' her hair start sprouting drills, I guess we can be left to do some assumptions of our own. Perhaps this has been already hinted to us when Kasumi's eyebrowns became rather thick after she came out of the Yellow Knife. o_0
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That could explain why Yuri always go "I'm scared! I'm scared!" when an alien approaches her. ^^ *Wonders about roleplaying*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:08 am 
Possessed
Possessed

this is what i think happened

After Kumi's memory was inside Kasumi's borg, Kasumi wore the borg and Kumi was using Kasumi's body temporarily. I don't know how they restored Kumi's original body but Kasumi now has short hair... Also i believe that when Kumi cut of Kasumi's hair it got rid of her Yellow Knife powers so that's why her eyes were back to normal after Kumi did that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:20 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Quote:
Also i believe that when Kumi cut off Kasumi's hair it got rid of her Yellow Knife powers so that's why her eyes were back to normal after Kumi did that...
Hmm... that's a possibility too. +_+ Now void of the necessary long hair, Kasumi wouldn't be able to do use her Yellow Knife's powers, and possibly, the drills too. And as in the manga, no matter what the length of the girls' hair are, their hair drills seems to be able to extend to infinity and beyond.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:26 am 
Possessed
Possessed

i agree with you totally. if you have long hair in Alien Nine the better chance you can produce drills from your hair (which is probably why Kumi got her arms turned into drills but so is her whole body from the neck down until she was cured)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:11 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That could explain why Yuri always go "I'm scared! I'm scared!" when an alien approaches her. ^^ *Wonders about roleplaying*
Hmm, I smell a "what-made-Yuri-so-scared-of-aliens" fanfic...

Or she probably watched too many alien documentaries and horror movies on TV. Darn you, HBO! ~_~; XD

My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:51 am 
Possessed
Possessed

lol how true XD that's probably why she's mostly afraid of Aliens

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:04 am 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

XD could be.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next