Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Which episode did you enjoy the most?
Episode 1 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Episode 2 25%  25%  [ 7 ]
Episode 3 50%  50%  [ 14 ]
Episode 4 18%  18%  [ 5 ]
Total votes: 28
 Post subject: Favourite episode?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:05 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Which episode did you enjoy the most?

Mine was Episode 3
I think a lot of people didn't think much of it though as it was just seen as a filler episode but I found it to be the most enjoyable because I got to see all the character simply getting to know each other better and enjoying themselves. In the manga we don't see such scenes as them playing card games or having fun on the beach if I remember right and I felt it was a really nice addition as it brought you closer to the characters and was simply a fun and colourful episode. It also had some very cute and endearing scenes. And some fun was really needed amidst all the darker episodes.

Post subject: Favourite episode?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:15 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

My favourite episode is Episode 3 too.

Although there isn't really much action as in alien-fighting as stuff, it's still cool seeing the 4 girls taking some time off, especially for Yuri. Taking a break from all those alien-spluttering scenes, episode 3 adds a nice atmopshere into the story. Morever, we get to see the relationship between Yuri and Kumi blossom. XD At least us viewers get a break from seeing the girls rollerskate their way around the school catching aliens or (in Yuri's case) crying and whining. For some reason, after watching episode 3, I actually felt much better, after learning that Alien9 isn't so into the dark side. If I say I like Episode 4 the most, I'll kill myself. o_0 The ending is so (censored), and the music that was playing along with it made things worse! I just hate seeing Kumi cry...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:40 pm 
New Student
New Student

My favourite was Episode 2... I think? The episodes are all fuzzeh in my head. Regardless, I liked the one with Yuri getting attacked by the boys and then she killed everything and wow, I sound really sadistic. o.O; 'Scuse my odd-soundingness, it's 3:30 am and I shouldn't even be awake ^^; Regardless, I felt that the episode conveyed a lot of things in a very little time-- and the scene with Yuri and Miyu was just.. aww. I actually believe I teared up watching that once. I teared up watching the fourth episode too, but still..

I do agree that episode three was very pleasant, though underrated. I rather liked it, though the scenes don't stand out in my mind quite as much as the ending and the death-to-aliens-via-Yuri bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:35 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Episode 3, just because it was very fun and different from the other 3 episodes. We saw a few cute scenes (The sunset scene, the beach, the Kumi/Yuri bus stop scene) and it just had a different, cute way to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:52 pm 
New Student
New Student

..I'm like the odd one out in all these polls. XD Oh dear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:58 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
My favourite was Episode 2... I think?
Yeah it was a very strong episode in terms of emotion etc. Makes a big impact on you... I always want a happy ending though in stories so I'm drawn to the lighter atmosphere of the third XD So I wouldn't go for that one but it's nice to see it get some appreication.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:24 am 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Episode 2 was very... emotional. I dunno, the really sad episodes aren't my thing. XD I always like the episodes with a lot of fun and not much action at all for some reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:10 am 
Quote:
Don't worry, the poll isn't over yet. I'm sure someone else would also vote for Episode 2 too. *waits for more people* Noww... let's see if we can start a poll for which episode we don't like the most. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:15 pm 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Don't worry, the poll isn't over yet. I'm sure someone else would also vote for Episode 2 too. *waits for more people* Noww... let's see if we can start a poll for which episode we don't like the most. XD
Sry, I was the one who posted this. I was using another computer to access the forum and I didn't realise I hadn't logged in yet. XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:19 am 
New Student
New Student

Probably Episode 4. Then ending was the first plot twist in, like, forever that got emotion out of me (mostly frustration, since it was the last episode).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:32 am 
New Student
New Student

Episode 3
This is the only episode that I can see Yuri smiling without bitter feeling , without wrinkling .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:54 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Quote:
Probably Episode 4. Then ending was the first plot twist in, like, forever that got emotion out of me (mostly frustration, since it was the last episode).
Yeah. The ending was pretty bad. *sigh*

I once heard that there were to be more Alien 9 episodes... but that was a long time ago. Last year sometime I think. Haven't heard a thing about it since.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:10 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Where'd you hear that Chikori? (out of curiosity) ^^
On the DVD, there's an interview with (I think) the director for the anime. I believe he mentions about how he wouldn't mind doing more, or something along those lines, but I guess it was just a mild remark or something.
I also got the impression that they could of done more but obviously, something happened. Haven't the slightest clue what, whether it was financial or otherwise.... Wish I'd kept a closer eye on the official website when it was still alive... I don't remember much.
Me and the friend who introduced me to the series were expecting a TV series to pick up from where the OVA left off :...:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:50 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Taro Maki did say that 'the ending was ambiguous' and that 'he would like to make the sequels for the anime' or something like that. In order words, Taro means that he would actually like to continue the anime from where he left it off. However, he sounds as though it was not intended for the anime to end abruptly. If I'm not wrong, I heard from someone that Taro encountered financial problems, thus the anime wasn't continued. Whatever the reason is, I hope Taro Maki or someone else would continue the anime (the ending is really horrific).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:21 am 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Not sure where I heard it from, perhaps it was on a community on LiveJournal or something. *shrug*

Yeah, it'd be nice if they continued the episodes.. >/

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 Next