Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:34 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next

Which is your least favourite episode?
Episode 1 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Episode 2 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
Episode 3 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Episode 4 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
Total votes: 12
 Post subject: Least favourite episode?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:33 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

We had the 'Favourite Episode?' poll. Now, we have the 'Least Favourite Episode?' poll. XD While generally, it is quite impossible to hate an entire episode (though it is quite possible), there must be something in the episode that you do not like very much. So say what episode you least like, and what is it that you do not like about it. ^^

For me, it's Episode 2 I do not like the most (yes, I don't like episode 4 either, but tt's because of the ending. otherwise, i would have loved that episode). It's mainly because that episode mainly showed the attacks by the boys on Yuri, and finally, it's 3 on 1, before Yuri's borg became a gigantic hairball killer machine that went on a killing spree. Then again, it's the fact that Yuri cried a lot (really a lot), or should I say, the most in the 4 episodes, that made me wonder how is anyone going to watch the second episode without really feeling a thing for Yuri then.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:39 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

I love all the episodes, but looking at them now I would have to say Episode 1 is my least favorite. Yuri, as much as I love her, sadly doesn't really make a very good first impression. Characters that cry a lot tend to not go over very well with a lot of people, especially ones that are used to really tough characters. One reviewer even stated that he and his friends spent most of the series shooting imaginary darts at Yuri. ;_;

Crystalline Academy -- Personal website.
My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:07 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Yes I've seen a lot of things said about Yuri... :...: :comfort:
It's to be expected etc. and understandable that people will turn away just like Kumi did at first however. But still, like I say in my observations, I think subtly she is the strongest character because she is able to be very open and honest about her feelings and reaching out to people when she needs to. Whilst the rest of the characters in the team keep in their real feelings and don't reach out to anyone, consequentially putting too much pressure on themselves and becoming horribly lonely (which, in the 4th episode, is a weakness that is taken advantage of). Although I guess either way, both extremes are negative. They're all flawed but in different ways, and that's more human. ^^

EDIT: Actually... this has just made me make a very quick collage wallpaper showing Yuri smiling hehe... I'll put it on the main website soon, nothing special but whatever XD

Hmm least favourite? Tough one but... I think I may go for umm....... I suppose I'll go for episode 4. It's very good with intense drama etc. And wonderfully done. But I guess whereas the other episodes dealt with a variety of things, this mainly had one aim, the Kasumi/Yellow Knife issue. And not as many perky moments appeared either, which I enjoy. Still some funny moments though. Whilst these are not major things, it is regardless the lesser out of an excellent bunch.
Episode 2 has the birthday scene so I can't knock it down too much ^^ But that has less perky moments too and Episode 1 has mainly introductory stuff so if you are re-watching some things aren't as good so they would go below episode 3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:59 am 
New Student
New Student

Episode 1 was my least favorite. No big reason really. I loved all of the episodes. I kinda just liked that one the least.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:58 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Well, I don't really hate the first episode myself, though in that episode, Yuri cried enough to flood the antartic ocean (note the scarcasm). But for me, it have a nice introduction to the entire story and a little preview at each of the girls' life.

Episode 4 is a rather nice episode too, but it would be better if they added something nice into the whole Kasumi-is-in-the-Yellow-Knife issue. But among the four episodes, I find that it builds up a lot of tension and it is full of action (like when Kasumi attacked Kumi, which is something I've yet ot get over with). The only downside of that episode is of the ending, which leave the audiences confused over it.

Once again, back on Episode 2, because I really like Yuri so much, it just kinda tick me off seeing the boys going all-out offensive on Yuri. I really felt like rushing to her aid, but the TV screen was blocking my way. So yar...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:35 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Quote:
EDIT: Actually... this has just made me make a very quick collage wallpaper showing Yuri smiling hehe... I'll put it on the main website soon, nothing special but whatever
I just saw the new wallpaper. It's real nice, especially since it's Yuri-themed. =) Now let's be a party-spoiler and do another one showing Yuri crying. *evil....*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:18 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
I just saw the new wallpaper. It's real nice, especially since it's Yuri-themed. =) Now let's be a party-spoiler and do another one showing Yuri crying. *evil....*
Glad you like it ^^
Heh you can do that one XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:51 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Glad you like it ^^
Heh you can do that one XD
I don't mind. =) But the problem is that I do not know how to make them, especially that I do not know what programs to use. Besides, my computer cannnot play the DVD (because it is of a different region). -~-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:24 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
I don't mind. =) But the problem is that I do not know how to make them, especially that I do not know what programs to use. Besides, my computer cannnot play the DVD (because it is of a different region). -~-
Any image-editing software really. The GIMP is a free one that's supposed to be pretty good.
http://www.gimp.org/

For the DVD thing, you can use DVD Region-Free software if you can find some.

If not though you could use pics from the DVD gallery on the main website if you like. I sort of went crazy with getting screenshots... So most of the scenes if not all, are there. Most of the main website is taken up by them ( 34mb ) XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:18 pm 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Wow, thanks for the site. ^^

Erm... exactly which program(s) did you download from the site? I click on one link and I got redirected to a page with dozens of other links. I clicked another one and my computer hanged up on me. -_- Sry about this, but I'm really a newbie at this. (^o^)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:38 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

I've never downloaded/tried GIMP, only heard it reccomended.
You're right the site is pretty confusing... It seems to mainly provide source materials etc. I don't know.
Try grabbing it from Download.com, maybe that is the installer:
http://www.download.com/The-GIMP/3000-2 ... ag=lst-0-1

Best of luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:13 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Thanks for the link. Now the programme is conking up on me. I can't start it. @_@

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:56 am 
Possessed
Possessed

it's hard to say (i like all of the episodes..)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:08 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Quote:
it's hard to say (i like all of the episodes..)
Aww... there should be something about the one of the episodes that you don't like (like *cough* episode 4 *wheeze*).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:49 am 
Possessed
Possessed

i love episode 4 though i can't help it! all of the episodes were good so i can't hate any of them ^^;

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next