Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:10 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next

If you agree please use the poll and or post.
More Alien9 89%  89%  [ 24 ]
As is 11%  11%  [ 3 ]
Total votes: 27
 Post subject: More Alien9?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:48 am 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

I wonder if there are any more anime episodes on their way. They can't just end episode four with the credits showing Kumi killed by a gen 8 borg. If not so I wonder why not. There is plenty of interest in seeing more Alien9 coming out. They only covered the first book and a half, and at that they left alot of holes in it. I wonder if they would allow some one to actually remake or do more that covers them straight through the Emulators book when it really ends.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:22 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

I don't know why they stopped. There used to be an official Japanese website that was up for awhile and seemed to tell news etc. (that's where I initially got character sketches, screensaver and cast pictures) but that died years ago. Wish I'd saved it when it was up -~- I didn't think it'd go down like that and be reduced to a single page on J.C.Staff's website ¬_¬ Although you can probably find it in old net archives/caches.
The director for the anime doesn't seem opposed to making more when he's talking on the DVD but that was years ago... I think perhaps there was the possibility of them doing more back then but whatever chances they were seem to of been put on the back shelf. Maybe someone should contact him or J.C.Staff if they can find an address but then they probably won't understand English ._.
I don't know how popular Alien 9 was in Japan either which may of counted for something.

It's hard to say what the director for the anime was intending with the ending. He really strongly developed the holiday sequence for example so some things are different.
Someone asked me recently about the ending and I realised that in the manga Kumi is wearing her borg but in the anime she isn't! In the manga the fact that she's wearing the borg leads to the teacher using it to find out what happened and also we're told whatever it was broke through the borg's defences which makes them powerful and dangerous. But since Kumi's borg is separated from her in the anime... I don't know if the teacher could still use it to find things out (it seemed to be sensitive towards what was happening to Kumi but did it see anything, telepathically maybe?). But it does seem like he was going to do *something* different. I still think he'd probably go back onto the same path as the manga (like with the holiday sequence which is different to the manga but treads back on the same path anyway). But he may of planned to drag out the mystery of the alien who attacked Kumi, possibly seeing a chance to build some suspense and suspicion amongst them.

I really would of loved to see more. Back when I first got it on fansub when near the time it was released in Japan (about 2001 or 2002) me and the friend who introduced me to it was fully expecting a TV series to follow the OVA... But nothing happened! ;_;

Right now we have no news.... and no idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:28 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

I'm really hoping they do continue the series but...the chances for that I might add are very slim. There's alot of things that need to be done to make the series let alone continue it. They would have to ask their boss to continue it and then get all of the people that helped to make the series back....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:39 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

Well you two are right but.........

They should funkying keep on with that series. It has so much potential to tap out, they have to do it.
At last it's pretty shitty having an uncompleted series, isn't it?

BTW Sai, have you seen the movie "Shaun of the Dead"?

Edit: Finally, Ive become an Alien catcher...

You say I'm giving you the blues
Maybe
You mean every word you say
Can't help but think of yesterday
And another who tied me down to loverboy rules
My Deviantart gallery, feel free to comment my work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:36 pm 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

They should continue it. Like everyone else said, there are holes in the story, and the ending feels too cut off.

Congrats to Dragon for becoming an Alien Catcher! :rahrah:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:23 am 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

WOW. My post is getting alot of feed back pretty quick. :confetti:
Congrats to Dragon.
It does seem cut off, but CPM may have cut it off when it didn't return enough money quickly. If they could see how quickly topics and websites pop up and are answered they may reconsider. Rumiko Takahashi made InuYasha (another great anime =) ) and it only released one dvd every three months or so. The series was cut after the first season here in america, but enough people cried out that it's now in its fourth seaeon. A new dvd is released every month now along with now three movies and two video games. Enough people just had to stand up and say give us what we want. Viz stood up and eventually answered the demand with plenty of supply which sells off the shelf. They never looked back and Rumiko has actually restarted to write more for the InuYasha line. Maybe if we found enough people to do the same to CPM they would listen. Heres hoping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:32 am 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

Quote:
Maybe if we found enough people to do the same to CPM they would listen.
That would be awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:52 am 
Possessed
Possessed

truth is CPM didn't make the anime. They only liscenced the series and translated it so americans can read and watch Alien Nine. The ones responsible for the anime was J.C.Staff and Genco.. ^^;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:09 am 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

Yes they may have only liscenced it, but Viz only liscenced InuYasha. Shogakukan - Yomiru TV- Sunrise produced InuYasha. Sometimes its a matter of talking to people who can understand you and getting them on your side. That is unless some one here knows japanese to talk straight to Mr. Tomizawa. Its good to have a major corperation on your side or even better if we can get the Mr. Tomizawa on our side. After all it does come down to him wanting to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:26 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

We have the petition going (here, 51 signatures so far) but I don't know if they will think much of it. Sometiems petitions have worked though...

I think the director of the anime might be most instrumental in getting more episodes made and he didn't seem opposed to making more on the old DVD interview but it's the same problem as with Tomizawa - no English :...:
So yeah I think CPM is anyones only chance communications-wise....
Quote:
BTW Sai, have you seen the movie "Shaun of the Dead"?
No, why? ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:36 am 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

Shaun of the Dead is relly funny. Especially the Killer Queen scene but that is a topic for another post.
See if you can get them all online and voice it here. If we can't go to them you can show them your site. ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:18 am 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

I like to see more, even if the story diverged a bit from the manga. I also would like to see Emulators get animated if they ever choose to continue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:34 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

The Emulators would probably be a while if they did try to animate it. I expect the story telling section Jinshen set up recently will be full of excerts from that book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:34 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

I want more! I just can't get enough... that's it! simple as that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:00 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

I wouldn't mind seeing more of the anime version myself. ^^ A tv series would be nice, but I would be happy with a movie or another OVA.

Crystalline Academy -- Personal website.
My DeviantArt Gallery

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next