Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:06 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

I just realized that the girl standing next to Kumi in the hallway Image is the same girl from the second manga- the girl who Megumi sees greet Kumi in the morning (Megumi is wearing Kumi's borg and sees what Kumi saw that morning- she sees this girl greet Kumi then) Image She tells Kumi that she's there so early because she's school monitor that day. Kumi replies saying that if she werent on alien duty, she wouldnt be there so early either :3

But yeah, here name is Haruka, (Kumi addresses her by this name), and Im just writing all this because I find it interesting that they didnt just use a randomly drawn girl to accompany Kumi as a "freind" character. I thought it was cool that they actually used a girl who, despite getting just one panel of manga space, was nonetheless a real friend of Kumi's at some point in the story. I like the attention to detail that the animation director applied there. :o

EDIT: Thanks to KumiXyuri, for sending me that manga scan of Haruka so I could put it up here! :cheer:

Who knows, maybe it's a sign that JC Staff had plans at the time to fully animate the entire manga storyline- they definitely pulled Haruka in here from later on in the story. It's probably just attention to detail as said before though, and I just found that to be really nifty ^^

Last edited by Repo Baxil on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:31 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Wow (totaly looked it up) That's cool. How do you notice stuff like that? You must read/watch anlien 9 way more then me. O.O

O umm, I could scan it for you. It woulnd't be a problem. Mother said I could.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:42 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
Wow (totaly looked it up) That's cool. How do you notice stuff like that? You must read/watch anlien 9 way more then me. O.O

Omigosh, scanning it for me would be amazing! :O I get charged to use the scanner or printer on campus -_- It's like 10 cents, but it's a pain... also, because it's hooked up to a pay machine, I'll have to figure out exactly how to use it- and I have a busy schedule today, so it would be awesome of you to scan it for me :3

Oh, and yeah, whenever I do homework, if I want to have the TV on, I have to play something I've seen a lot of times. That way, I can be entertained without having to look over every couple of seconds. I just know whats happening already :O So, somehow, the list of stuff I watch just narrowed itself down to a special selection of my absolute favorite flicks. Alien Nine is among them, needless to say <3 Others include Lord of War, Goldeneye, Silent Hill, Pitch Black, and a few more. Most stuff just somehow keeps me from focusing .o. So, I've narrowed down my options. So I guess I definitely watch it a lot XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:33 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Quote:
Quote:

Omigosh, scanning it for me would be amazing! :O I get charged to use the scanner or printer on campus -_- It's like 10 cents, but it's a pain... also, because it's hooked up to a pay machine, I'll have to figure out exactly how to use it- and I have a busy schedule today, so it would be awesome of you to scan it for me :3

Oh, and yeah, whenever I do homework, if I want to have the TV on, I have to play something I've seen a lot of times. That way, I can be entertained without having to look over every couple of seconds. I just know whats happening already :O So, somehow, the list of stuff I watch just narrowed itself down to a special selection of my absolute favorite flicks. Alien Nine is among them, needless to say <3 Others include Lord of War, Goldeneye, Silent Hill, Pitch Black, and a few more. Most stuff just somehow keeps me from focusing .o. So, I've narrowed down my options. So I guess I definitely watch it a lot XD
O.K. if you need anything scand I'll do so and send them to you.
good deal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:42 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
O.K. if you need anything scand I'll do so and send them to you.
good deal
Thanks very much! XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:20 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Cool, nice observation. It definitely looks like the same girl.
Its a shame she didn't get chance to appear again in the anime.
Quote:
Others include Lord of War, Goldeneye, Silent Hill, Pitch Black, and a few more.
Silent Hill fan eh? I really like the Silent Hill series too. Played all except Origins so far. Is it the Silent Hill film you watch? I thought the first part of that where she is wandering the ghostly streets and stuff was very much like the games. Though I wasn't so keen on the ending parts, it went a bit over the top I feel there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:26 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
Cool, nice observation. It definitely looks like the same girl.
Its a shame she didn't get chance to appear again in the anime.

Silent Hill fan eh? I really like the Silent Hill series too. Played all except Origins so far. Is it the Silent Hill film you watch? I thought the first part of that where she is wandering the ghostly streets and stuff was very much like the games. Though I wasn't so keen on the ending parts, it went a bit over the top I feel there.
Thanks :) Also, the movie, as enjoyable as I found it, definitely doesn't make my favorite flicks list (though I thought it was quite good nonetheless) I put it up there because its a movie I can watch repeatedly. And yes, the end scenes involving the levitated hospital gurney and the razor wire were quite out there, and fairly ridiculous. The thing I liked about it was that I really think it did quite a good job of nailing the mood of the games. And about Origins... don't bother with it, quite frankly. It's short, dull, and tedius. I sold it last week, actually. I have 3, 4 (4 was a rip, IMHO, the second half of the game is just a rerun through the first half) and I rented and beat 5 (Homecoming). Most people say they disliked it, but I enjoyed it immensely.

Oh well. I haven't quite beaten the third yet, though I'm still playing it. The first (and possibly second) Silent Hill game are now available for download on Playstation Network :o

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]