Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: 7 Days Earlier
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:50 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

I just noticed that in the last ep of the anime, right in the begining, they show Yuri, Kumi, and Kasumi, in what seems to be the begining of a normal day. Yuri seems to be the only one with her borg, Kumi looks a bit happier, and in my oppinion, Kasumi seems kinda creepy. -o- We then see a screen, black with white lettering, saying "7 Days Earlier". I think that this implies that, like in the manga, They restored Kumi's body and memory from her borg. Yes I know this slightly contradicts the ending sequence, where Kumi is without her borg, but I think it still could have been done. What does everyone else think?? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:07 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

That's interesting, not seenepisode 4 for a long time now but doyou mean the bit at the start where Yuri and Kumi are leaving their house and Kasumi is up high someplace looking zoned out?
http://alien9.crossrealms.net/Pictures/ ... oto_7.html

Now that you mention it, I wonder why more people don't notice that. By the end of Ep 4 I guess all of us forget about thsoe few seconds (since everyone asks if Kumi is dead at the end of that episode and I also wondered). Wow...

I'd have to check the manga again, but perhaps it is depicting what things were like slightly later in the manga then. It seems odd to put it at the start, but after such an impacting end, a little superfluos scene like that would make that final scene less impacting.

I can't remember but Kumi left home didn't she? Or was that a while after the library incident... But I remember thinking she was avoiding her Mom or something by leaving... Well all of them seemed to want to leave home (but thats typical of many growing up and wanting independence, going along with the whole 'coming of age/growing up' feel the anime sometimes gives).
But yeah other than that, I guess you're right. Just after the library incident, Kumi was fused and so wouldn't need her borg, Kasumi was acting weird because she'd become dependant upon and fused with the Yellow Knife and as seen later in the manga, the Yellow Knife was affecting her personality/actions. In the manga we see her beating up her borg a little, suggesting a bit of rivalry with the Yellow Knife inside her so perhaps she wasn't as keen on the borg anymore, hence her not wearing it in that scene. Yuri hadn't changed much so she would still feel the responsibility of having to wear the borg... I guess this little scene is before she felt displaced with Kumi and Kasumi having changed, before she runs off into a traumatic experience and gets amnesia.
Because of those 2 things, Kumi still with her Mom and Yuri seeming still her self and no amnesia, perhaps this is a little adaptation bit somewhere before Yuri feels freaked out by her friends.

Anyway nice observation! ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:54 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

Thank You. I love that creepy pic of Kasumi. I can almost imagen her eyes turning into the Yellow Knifes there. I actually looked once to see if they did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:18 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Yeah that would of been a nice touch and clarified alot of things. ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:35 am 
Possessed
Possessed

I think in the beginning before the "7 days earlier" sequence, it's the day Kumi gets ATTACKED. She probably didn't know it was going to happen and maybe Kasumi was still recovering? I don't know XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:47 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

Oh, I didn't think of that. It also sounds like that could have been what happened. Yay alternate interpratations!

Another "Yay!!" for someone else being of the forum besides me! Welcome back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:56 pm 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Yay, now I'm here.

That seven days earlier thing did always confuse me but then again a lot of Alien 9 confuses me, not so much now. I think that it is after the Yellow Knife attack and that Kumi doesn't die and the ending credits thing is just some sort of fictional happening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:12 am 
Possessed
Possessed

XD; alot of things came up, but I will be posting here more often now

anywho that was my thoughts on "7 days earlier" to me, it makes a ton of sense. This is because Kumi is happy, and Yuri is still herself while Kasumi...the old Kasumi is being remembered because she is now part of the Yellow Knife clan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:15 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Kumi-chan changed her avi. Cool.

I haven't seen Alien 9 in about half a year or so. I'm not counting. But I never really thought much of the seven days earlier thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:36 am 
New Student
New Student

Hello buddies.-

I watched alien nine’s anime yesterday but I haven’t read the manga yet, although I’ve got my own opinion about what those seven days mean:

At the end of the fourth episode Kumi’s Borg was very injured, it means (I think) that the final scene take place little time before Yellow Knife fight, probably less than seven days. Why? Well, think about: it tooks a month for the Borgs to grow-up completely when they died, so, they’re able to regenerate their bodies very fast. I don’t think it tooks more than a week for Kumi’s Borg to regenerate for the injures suffered during the Yellow Knife incident.

If that’s true then the final scene (and “Kumi’s death”) happened almost immediately after the Yellow Knife situation (maybe the next day), but before the first scene of the fourth episode. @_@

On the other hand, I’ve read that Kumi had got an operation to save her life after she was attacked on the library in the manga version. It matched perfectly with this theory, I think.

So, the Yellow Knife was murdered by Kumi (well, not exactly because it commited suicide), and one or two days after that Kumi’s murdered too (meanwhile her Borg’s still recovering).

Five days after that she’s alive because the operation.

Furthermore, did you remember the name of the fourth episode? Yes, it’s “The end of the beginning”... is an introduction to the rest of the serie, I mean, it is something like “this is just the end of the beginning, if you want more, look for the manga...”

What do you think about it? Am I wrong? Am I right?... that was just an opinion. :sleep:

Yuri, Kumi and Kasumi... I love you girls!! ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:08 pm 
New Student
New Student

Quote:
Furthermore, did you remember the name of the fourth episode? Yes, it’s “The end of the beginning”... is an introduction to the rest of the serie, I mean, it is something like “this is just the end of the beginning, if you want more, look for the manga...”
no-no-no.. it plans, that Alien nine will have more than four serieses and first three intend to help the spectators to familiarize with characters); if the things gone good, in those times, we could know, what be next whiout reading manga now)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:35 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
Quote:
no-no-no.. it plans, that Alien nine will have more than four serieses and first three intend to help the spectators to familiarize with characters); if the things gone good, in those times, we could know, what be next whiout reading manga now)...
I did hear rumours I think that they were possibly going to continue the series. Its a shame it didn't happen. I wonder if it didn't do as well as expected in Japan. It would of been interesting to see them animate the rest of the manga.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:20 am 
New Student
New Student

so no chance that they will continue the series? I know its been a long time but maby its on his to do list :( at the end of the series i felt really down, even though i read the books I still dont feel better I think we need to protest that they cant do that to veiwers XP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:17 am 
New Student
New Student

can the voice actors of the characters be able to voice like that again?
if somehow they continue the series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:33 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Well I think the voice actors were young at the time, especially Yuri's voice actor (you can read more about that on the site here ), but I don't see why they couldn't play them again. They've all done or gone on to do very big roles in anime so I'm sure they could do a good job again. :)

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next