Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:36 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Alien 9 Cosplay Tips
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:02 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Got any tips for making an Alien 9 cosplay? Made one of your own and have experiences of the construction process to share?
Whether it be an alien doll, a borg hat, rollerskating advice, lacrosse purchasing or clothes making, we want to know!

Especially borg hat tips! Those seem hardest to make!
I'd love one of the ones the voice actors seem to wear in promotional pics (shown here)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:51 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

I've been working with plays with my mom for a long time, and know some things about costumes. First of all, i have to say that a lot of what you imagine can't come true without spending a lot of money. For the hats, I've learned without getting abunch of books and people together to make them it's very hard, since usually you'll want to use cardboard or other, which is hard to shape. On Halloween I wanted to make a cardboard helmet to fit over my whole head, but it didn't work out since I needed better tools. For costumes, you can find a good "sewer" for the job, hopefully who has had play experience. You learn a lot, but have to think about the long-term process when designing plays. Finding people to act, too, might be hard, but you can't give up, especially if you want to make a hit. I'll post more when I get more time on how to make stuff, too. This is cool, Sai!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:18 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

I once cosplayed as Monami.
The hair was a difficult process.

HOW TO CREATE DRILLS FOR HAIR :

I used my own hair and I recommend for those of you who have long, thick hair...
wake up early and do it about 2 hours ahead of time before actually going to the cosplay!

Use a hair curling iron, hair spray, and hair mousse with extra hold!

You might want to start with the bottom layers first.
Just wrap a good amount of hair (about 1-4 inches) and curl it around the iron. Stretch it out with the iron and spray it. When the whole process is done, apply mousse.

When you get to the upper layer, you want to curve the upper part of your hair (near the roots).
It makes your hair flow out more. Then you add the drills near the end of the hair.
Then easily, apply the hair mouse around the drill and hair spray.

It's very tedious and takes lots of patience!

and make sure you don't get burnt by the curling iron x.x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:26 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

cool, i can imagine what it looks like. Grey beads might work, too, but i think it might look stupid. Did you ever pretend to move the drills?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:22 am 
Possessed
Possessed

XD That sounds so cool once you think about it! maybe I could try that sometime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:20 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

of course, i'd need longer hair to do it, too bad. Not really any need to except on Halloween or something. No one I know knows what Alien9 is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:07 pm 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

Hmm, for the borgs, maybe you could use molding clay or something. Or you could make it out of cloth and stuff it to make it kinda like a plushie.

For the costumes themselves: sewing machine or the help of a sewing-savvy friend. You could take articles of clothing you already have and manipulate them.

I was thinking of being Kasumi for Halloween last year, and I was going to enlist the help of my aunt. I was planning on using one of my brother's oversized white T-shirts and a pair of pink sweatpants. Cut the pants to make them shorts and use the extra material for the shirt. But my Mom wouldn't let me ruin my sweatpants. ^_^;

Oh, and if you don't have the same hairstyle, a wig! xD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:13 am 
Fused Borg
Fused Borg

One website I've been to, but forgot where I found it, had a good idea to make a Borg hat out of an old helmet. You pick the right color, and than add fake eyes and wings. Plus, you get extra protective gear when skating.

Why do almost all anime characters have to have long hair and bangs? If you have short hair, dye it black, and put it in pigtails, you can be Yuri. Or dye it brown and be Kumi. Why don't you be Myu, Sai? Kamikaze, you can be a boy alien fighter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:47 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Ya! I will make it my mission to dress up like an Alien Fighter. It will be awsome and I will make those cool jackets they wear out of pieces of cloth sowen together or something, I will find a way!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:25 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

If you find the website again with the borg hat instrcutions, let me know. ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:27 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

I was thinking of you make a borg, maybe make him out of a bike helmet and sew material onto him. o.o

and response to an earlier question, sometimes I do pretend to move the drills XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:56 am 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

That reminds me of something I did before. It was the day after Halloween and I had dressed up as Kasumi, it took along time to do it but I finally made a pink borg and the outfit look almost like in the anime, like I said the next day I had put my hair in low pig tails and put the borg on, along with the outfit and got my rollerblades out, I went to school and went around like that for the whole day. People asked me why I did that and I just said I felt like it. :v:

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]