Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:05 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Yeah, it's awsome and only for 20 something U.S. dallors. I'm watching the dvd. I'm on the 3rd episode. I remember when I only had the VHS of the 4th episode. I saw that episode like.... 30 times or so, I'm not kidding. So now I have a selection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:38 am 
Fused Borg
Fused Borg

Well, I read my manga of Alien9 over and over even though I already know what happens. I was sad at where episode four ended. That's the one where Kumi dies, right? Since I only had the first book, I really thought Kumi was gone for good and was like, "What? The story can't end this way!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:39 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Even though I did see Kumi's death in the anime, I didn't know she was actually dead in the story. I thought it was like just a little story or something at the end that wasn't related to the real story. But, I like to think that that wasn't the actually ending and that it was just a little something not related to the story. Poor Kumi, she looks so sad when you see her dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:09 am 
Fused Borg
Fused Borg

I know. But of course she is sad; she is dead! Are those tears in her eyes or blood?

And why doesn't Kasumi seem to care that Kumi died? Maybe she is still upset about the Yellow Knife.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:40 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Some of it is blood and some of them are tears. I don't know why Kasumi doesn't seem to care though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:22 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Isn't Kasumi kinda posessed by the Yellow Knife? That might be one reason for her reaction.
But also Kasumi never seems to show any natural emotions. When she gets upset at Kumi earleir for trying to avoid going to Yuri's birthday party, she doesn't know how to express her severe panic and so on... so she just grabs Kumi and yells NYAAAA until Kumi finally figures it out. But of course with Kumi dead... there's not much she can do.... Although I suppose she could of fell down to her and screamed NYA. I think its just that Kasumi doesn't really know how to express herself properly.
Its my belief that this is because of what hapepend to her with her brother aswell as the expectations of others. Her brother left her and she was really distraught and upset but at the same time the rest of her family that she loves just as much was expecting ehr to be this strong ambitious person (her father says something similar to "I don't mind whatever she does, just as long as she is the best at it" I guess putting all that effort into stuff also took ehr mind off her brother).
She says in her flashback she loves EVERYONE. And she doesn't want anyone in her 'circle' to leave. And now Kumi from their little 'circle' (ok triangle) has left. So yeah... I think mentally... she just didnt know how to deal with it.

But alternatively the Yellow Knife is dulling her emotions. Or maybe the Yellow Knife gave her the knowledge that she could be revived....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:34 pm 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Now I want the Emulators volume since I got the other volumes and DVD already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:55 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Maybe Amazon or somewhere still has it in stock. -~-

I received my set of small Alien 9 figures the other day! I'll try and take some pics soon. :cheer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:51 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Aw, cool! I can't wait. No seriously, I can't wait.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:06 am 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

Quote:
Aside from the manga I have no Alien 9 merchandise. I do have about five little pokemon figurines hanging out on my bookshelf.

I can print out pictures from the internet and stick them on my wall like posters, but it's not the same.
Speaking of pictures, I have a printed-out A9 poster on my bedroom wall.
If you look on ebay, they sometimes have promo posters of A9 there. I actually bought a cool one of Kumi there. Then saw an even cooler one of the whole group, but couldent get it.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3