Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:09 pm 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

This is basically a game I thought of, basically you match characters in alien nine to characters in other series as there counterparts, but you must give reasons why you believe they are counterpart's, it's just supposed to be something fun to pass the time, I'll start one to show you how it works, also if you disagree with a counterpart idea you can say why you think they aren’t counterparts and who you think is the proper counterpart.

Alien Nine-Digimon Tamers counterparts(since I'm writing a crossover between them so I figured it was a good place to start).

Yuri-Takato-Both are the main character in there series, both are the last member to join there respective trio's, both can be fearful at times(yuri more then Takato), Both made a mistake which effected there partners(Who's was worse is debatable, Yuri's borg died temporarily, Guilmon turned into a monster).

Kumi-Rika-Both try to take leadership roles often, both start out disliking the main character in etch of there series but later become close friends with them, both are the most easily angered in there respective trio's(though Rika is a lot easier to anger then Kumi), both have no father present(Though Kumi's father is dead, we don't know where Rika's is).

Kasumi-Jeri-Both are rather cheerful individuals(at first), both have a characteristic that others view as strange or are startled by(Nya! Ruff!), Both have traumatizing experiences involving being absorbed(or eaten) by giant inhuman entities, both are somewhat traumatized by the loss of a loved one(though Jeri's mother died, Kasumi's brother just left), both are good friends with the main character of there series(though Jeri is probably closer to Takato then Kasumi is to Yuri).

I only did Yuri, Kumi, and Kasumi here because it's just a start up, but feel free to counterpart match as many characters as you wish...also somebody else please do this, it's no fun if I'm the only one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:35 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Ringo from Air Gear with Kumi. Both skate, and despite their cute appearance they are clever with what they do, and they both do it well. Both are also over protective of the main character and apparent love interests to them. Kumi to Yuri. Ringo to Ikki.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:42 pm 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

Well now I'll the first pokemon mystery dungeon special.

Yuri & Squirtle: It's pretty easy to see why, both are obviously the main character, but other then that, they are both thrown into situation they don't know how to deal with at first, though Squirtle dose handle his better then Yuri handles hers, both are of course also the third to become a member of there respective trio's.

Kumi & Charmander: Though Charmander isn’t aggressive to Squirtle when they meet, he is clearly a close friend of his just as Kumi is to Yuri, Charmander also displays bravery like Kumi dose.

Kasumi & Chikorita: Both are very good at what they do, as well as being rather cheerful, but Chickorita gets serious in battle while Kasumi dose not, not that she needs to, also, even though this doesn’t really matter, Chickorita's leaf sort of resembles Kasumi's pigtails.

Megumi & Whiscash: Both are the mentor of sorts, but at the same time don't really help that much, not much else to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:21 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Megumi and Icchan from Angelic Layer: Both are mentors and have some kind of connection to a sci-fi story, both can seem to appear out of nowhere. Like when Megumi was right outside of the alien storage room right after Yuri killed all the aliens inside. Why in the world was she there all of a sudden? :] Icchan always pops up out of nowhere, from the trees, from the ceiling... Both seem to have omniscient views of who they are mentoring, and if memory serves me correctly both have lab coats. Even if Megumi only wore it once.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:32 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Yuri and Shinji from Neon Genesis Evangelion. Both characters are often criticized for being "wimpy" and "whiny," but imagine you were put in their positions. Whereas most anime heroes are fearless and can overcome any odds, Yuri and Shinji are extremely realistic in their behaviour and reactions to the crazy crap they go through. And while they may be called "cowards," they're still out they fighting, aren't they? They're extremely brave. "Brave' and "fearless" are not the same thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:16 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

To add to the Digimon Tamers counterparts.

Miyu & Kazu or Kenta: All are best friends with the main character before they join there respective groups, are also somewhat enviose of them(though Kazu and Kenta eventually got there own Digimon) And think it's allot greater then the main character thinks it is(though Takato likes being a tamer more then Yuri likes being a alien fighter, which she doesn’t at all), and despite there importance to the main character's lives, are rather minor(at least Intel they enter the digital world for Kazu and Kenta).

I couldn’t decide if Kazu or Kenta made a better counterpart for Miyu, anyone got a idea which should be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:28 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Kenta. Merely because.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:01 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

Ok, and now for a different one.

Kasumi and Sonic the Hedgehog: Both are hyper, jump alot, are agile, work in groups but are also capable of getting a job done on there own(usuely, but theres allways something, Yellowknife, Mephiles), both have a mostly happy view on life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:31 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Hikaru from Rayearth and all the red power rangers and Yuri because they are both main characters and have the designated red color.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:57 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

To add more to the Alien Nine-Digimon Tamers counterparts.

Yellowknife & the D-reaper: Pretty easy to see why, both ate/absorbed member of the group, both were supposedly not to blame for there actions, both gave all the characters a fare amount of trauma.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:05 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Borgs and Sergent Frog. Because they resemble frogs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:20 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

More tamers counterparts.

Yuri's Borg & Terriermon: Both can be sarcastic at times, though Terriermon is more so, both get annoyed with there partners at times and vice versa.

Or

Yuri's Borg & Guilmon: Both are red, both are partnered with the main character, both can go feral in a fight, along with eye changes(Borg + eyes, Guilmon's feral eyes) both got agitated by one of there partners emotions(Yuri: Fear Takato: Anger) and evolved with negative results(Yuri's borg died because the maturing happened too quickly, Guilmon became the monstrous Megidramon).

Um...which is more proper for Yuri's borg's counterpart?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:32 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Guilmon by a long shot. But isn`t he orange? : P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:45 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

I don't know which your refuring to but both look pretty red to me, another tamers counterpart.

Monami & Ryo: Both join the group later and are experianced in what they do, not much else to put becouse I havnt read the manga and thus know very little of Monami.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:00 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

I CAN`T BELIEVE... I THOUGHT OF AGUMON.... WHEN I READ AND WROTE GUILMON.... Slap me now. I don`t deserve to be called a Digimon fan..... *Faints*

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 Next