Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:29 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

it's ok and the link you showed us is awesome ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:48 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:
I will say that while Kumi does seem to have a crush on Yuri, it isn't likely that the feeling is mutual. I'll get to my reasons for this later.
And I have completely forgotten them. ^_^;; Oh well. Kumi and Yuri are indeed cute together.
Quote:
You should DEFINATELY check out MariMite then. Its exactly what you are looking for.
Yes! A thousand times, yes! More people watching "Maria-sama Ga Miteru" is always good. ^^

Crystalline Academy -- Personal website.
My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:01 am 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Personally, I'm all for KumixYuri. I haven't seen Emulators yet, so I don't know what goes on there, but there are quite a few pointers towards a love relationship between the two.

When Yuri loses her memory, Kumi is the only one she REALLY trusts. I think this points to some deeper feeling than just friendship. Also, while she's just kind of 'I'm not sure about this,' towards her memories of Kasumi and Miyu when the Sunflower clan is attacking her mind, when she get's to Kumi she's more definite about her feelings that she's not an alien. (Or at least not one to attack. :P)

On Kumi's side, there's the scenes where she'd in the cafe with Hisagawa-san; at one point she explains her new symbiotic need to be with someone, and later she asks if being symbiotic is similar to marriage. In this case I'm certain she was talking about Yuri. She also seemed to be starting to get closer to Yuri even before her transformation (although moreso in the anime than the manga).

Even Kasumi picks up on Kumi's feelings, saying "You better get her before someone else does," right before the borg attacks Yuri to try to forcefully merge with her.

There's quite a few hints and even blatant displays on both sides throughout the second and third volumes. And besides, they look really cute together. ^^
Almost as cute as Sakaki playing with her kitten. :cheer: Or maybe more.

Well, I'm rambling now, so I'll just stop here. LONG LIVE THE CHEESE! :sakura:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:26 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Quote:
Personally, I'm all for KumixYuri. I haven't seen Emulators yet, so I don't know what goes on there, but there are quite a few pointers towards a love relationship between the two.

When Yuri loses her memory, Kumi is the only one she REALLY trusts. I think this points to some deeper feeling than just friendship. Also, while she's just kind of 'I'm not sure about this,' towards her memories of Kasumi and Miyu when the Sunflower clan is attacking her mind, when she get's to Kumi she's more definite about her feelings that she's not an alien. (Or at least not one to attack. :P)

On Kumi's side, there's the scenes where she'd in the cafe with Hisagawa-san; at one point she explains her new symbiotic need to be with someone, and later she asks if being symbiotic is similar to marriage. In this case I'm certain she was talking about Yuri. She also seemed to be starting to get closer to Yuri even before her transformation (although moreso in the anime than the manga).

Even Kasumi picks up on Kumi's feelings, saying "You better get her before someone else does," right before the borg attacks Yuri to try to forcefully merge with her.

There's quite a few hints and even blatant displays on both sides throughout the second and third volumes. And besides, they look really cute together. ^^
Almost as cute as Sakaki playing with her kitten. :cheer: Or maybe more.

Well, I'm rambling now, so I'll just stop here. LONG LIVE THE CHEESE! :sakura:
couldnt have said it better

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:10 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

I've also just noticed something myself too. Kumi does develop "feelings" for Yuri when she becomes a borg but "looses" them after Emulators. My guess is while she was a borg, the desire to fuse made her fall in love with Yuri. Truth is, she only likes Yuri as a friend. When Kasumi says "You better admit it or else another alien will get her" I think she means you better hurry up and fuse with Yuri before another alien fuses with her first. Remember that since Kumi was a borg, all she wanted to do was fuse with Yuri. Since borgs have that desire to fuse all of the time, that is why Kumi had feeling for Yuri. After Kumi lost her borgliness in Emulators, she became human and liked Yuri as a friend again and had no further feelings for her. This is my guesswork..like it or not this is what I believe Kumi went through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:13 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

You guys are insane, but I did notice some wierd bonding with them in the first episode, of course I'm shouldn't be the one talking given I've only seen the first volume.

Last edited by ragen45 on Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:04 am 
Possessed
Possessed

I don't support this paring either but there are others that do. It's ok though ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:10 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

I don't like to think of them as a "pair", but I think they definitely have a strong friendship.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:36 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

They are acting strange though, and I wish they would come out with volume 5.

Maybe they killed Kumi off because they didn't like how the relationship was going.

Or maybe Yuri killed her.

Okay, you're not all insane, I was just commenting on how some of your views were wierd. Kumi-chan explained things pretty nicely, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:23 am 
Possessed
Possessed

hmmm *imagines*

Yuri: kumi-chan...
Kumi: what is it?
Yuri: TIME TO DIEZORSOS!!!!!1111!!! *takes out chain saw and kills Kumi*

wow ._.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:53 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Yuri didn't kill Kumi o_o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:09 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

we know, but it would be wierd if she did XD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:04 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

no, i mean like if Yuri planned it all out and had someone else do it, but that's funny too.

maybe Kasumi is really in league with the aliens. This is my theory on what is happening:

Kumi, Yuri, and Kasumi are all super-intelligent and the government didn't want to risk them taking over the world, so they were sent here and the classes picked Yuri becuase of what the government said, and at the the end the aliens and them will die, and the government can turn back to fighting aliens themselves.

Okay, so it's a joke, but whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:40 am 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Quote:
I don't support this paring either but there are others that do. It's ok though ^^
I support it, they are very cute together and get along great. I definatly feel the attraction that Kumi has for Yuri. Honestly, I would love to see (if the manga kept going) further books turn into a romance story, with Kasumi being the comic relief saying things like "you two get a room!!!" and "Oh brother!" ^^ ^^ ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:35 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Well, I've finally gotten to read Emulators, and I still stand by what I said earlier. Although I thought Emulators was WAY too short, it certainly doesn't discount the feelings being set up in the original trilogy. We see in the latere sections that while Kumi's body is mostly borg, her mind and the borg's are definately seperate. If she did indeed fall in love with Yuri simply because the borg wanted to fuse, then she would have seen no problems with fusing with Yuri when Kasumi set it up with the Yellow Knives; instead we see the borg taking over for a while, then Kumi wrestling with the borg for control so she won't hurt Yuri.

About the whole thing with Hideaki (the boy who was captured with Yuri), I think it's more of a friendship based on shared traumatic experiences. On top of that, you definately see Kumi getting jealous when she sees them together; I think if she was thinking as a borg she wouldn't really care about it.

On another note: if the mini comics in the back (the one with the SD characters) are actually part of the story (and I believe they are), then Yuri certainly has an obliviousness problem. But, as I stated earlier, Yuri really does like Kumi, as seen when she loses her memory.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next