Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

Support for an Alien 9 Manga?
Yes, I support it! 100%  100%  [ 8 ]
No, I've had enough Alien 9! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 8
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:40 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Hi I'm new here. I've known about Alien 9 for a pretty long time now. Though I don't recall how long. The only reason why I'm here is to ask some questions about the series.

This is because, I have interest in continuing the series, I guess. I'm a traditional, unestablished, intermediate, manga artist and I want to stay as true to the series as possible. Here is a sample of my work, and I just realized I sub-consciously wrote a symbiotic manga story... This image is a practice work from one of my private mangas called "Monster Skin" ZOOM IN PLEASE FOR DETAIL. http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy34 ... 34n0r5.jpg It's a bit dirty, but I'm working on cleaning my desk space to aid me with that. If you're wondering if I can draw the Alien 9 style, the answer is yes. I can draw anything I see. (Just as long as it isn't a painting or a side pencil sketch.) However I prefer the anime style and it will resemble that more than the manga, just keep in mind that it will be in pen, ink, and tone. NOT AN ANIMATION OR COLOR, (Not including the color and various special pages) though the animation is what style it will be in. [I also made that nifty gif image for myself from the frames of the anime.]

I actually want to start my career with a fan manga of Alien 9. Because it is a good short series, and has artistic concepts that make me keep falling back on deciding that this is the manga/anime I want to work on.

Years ago, I skimmed through the manga, mostly because I'm super slow when it comes to reading simple Japanese, and with my slow computer it was painstaking to bother reading something I don't even understand. Even so, I can't seem to find any scanlations again. I mostly just skimmed through just to see what happened to Kumi, but boy did I miss a lot!! When I ask for images it'll help if you can link me to them, or place them here so that when I reference back to them can be accurate to the manga/anime.

The questions that have a "***" have been addressed and are no longer in question. But if you have comments about it then feel free to add discussion.

The questions I'm asking are in italic, while comments I've seen are in bold.

***Who or what is the Sunflower clan? Does anyone have an image of them? I'm thinking that they appeared in the manga but I don't recall what they looked like.

***Is the Drill clan just the borgs? Or anything that attacks with screws, like the Gladius too?

***"It takes at least a year to have a body strong enough to live harmoniously with an alien, the Drill clan seems to use lower alien life forms to test the host and develop them so that they're strong enough to fuse." Where is the proof of this?

***"They like humans as hosts because they produce plenty of energy and electricity. They're also very versatile." Did the aliens say this in the manga or is it just an opinion?

"Some clans like the borg clan have gone through different stages of evolution called generations in an effort to adapt and become more efficient survivors." What are these stages and what do they look like?

***"They're likened to aquatic creatures." What does that mean?

"There was a certain scene (in Alien Nine: Emulators manga) where Kumi was supposedly fusing with Yuri. The events and struggle that unfold resulted in Monami using her borg to cut Kumi from head-down. Is Kumi dead by then? And if she isn't, where is she, as later in the story she had magically re-appeared? Well... Kumi was killed... but everything was still saved in her borg, which was her borg, hence to why Kasumi's borg took the information. Kasumi's borg saved all of Kumi's information, such as memories, feelings, emotions, and then they were able to restore Kumi." Does any one know what pages in which this happened? What does it mean by "Kumi was supposedly fusing with Yuri?" What was she doing? Anyone have images?

***"Is there another person controlling Kasumi? It seems that after the Yellow Knife in Book 2 swallowed Kasumi, she appears to be someone else.
Kasumi is fused with a Yellow Knife. She's mostly controlled by that Yellow Knife."
Isn't Yellow Knife dead? How does fusing work if the parent alien is dead? Is Yellow Knife living in Kasumi's body, or is she just influenced by Yellow Knife?

***How can Kasumi have a borg, and a Yellow Knife? Can she form drills and horns with her hair? Or just the horns afterwards?

***What does the alien Lynax look like?

***What does the eight generation of borgs look like?

***If the last borgs were the eight generation, wouldn't the current borgs be the ninth borgs, or aliens? Thus the name Alien 9 for the anime/manga?

***Does the manga ever actually say drill clan, sunflower clan, or yellow knife clan? Or has this concept been established by fans?

I appreciate any help that I can get. If possible I'd like to even talk with the author of the website and that FAQ section. Though I'm a bit embarrassed to bother him/her personally.

FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME.

Last edited by FleetingMischief on Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:54 pm 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

I honestly can't really awnser these questions becouse I've only seen the anime, but I support a fan-manga, it's what I would of done for Consumption(Thats the name of my primary Alien Nine fanfic) if I could, so yes go for it, I'de love too see a fan-manga of alien nine, the moe fanfiction of alien nine the better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:38 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Thanks for the support. It's a shame that the manga is hard to get a hold of. Especially Emulators.

Consumption is a great name for a fanfic.

I hope what I have planned out for my script will be pleasing to the fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:09 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

It is hard too get ahold of, good thing the anime can be watched rather easily, but without the manga too complete the story it seems, understandably, incomplete, and thanks about the name, it wasnt that hard too think of since my villian Mother is trying to consume the earth, and I'm sure whatever you've got planned will be good, one things for sure, I'll most likely like it as long as it has aliens in it I'll most likely enjoy it.

On a different note, I don't like how the Borg's are treated more as objects then characters in the anime, and I don't think the manga treats them much better, I try too treat them more as characters in my fanfics, I just want too know if your idea will have them treated more as individial characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:19 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

I'm going to try to be vague with the spoilers. I don't want the readers to already know what is going to happen.

It isn't the exact same for all the characters as they hold different beliefs, however they wont be considered as objects for the most part in this party. Especially for the main character.

However the lack of respect towards the aliens will play a significant role in the series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:52 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

I understand your wish too not spoil stuff, I try to keep things to myself about what will happen in the sequels to Consumption, especily the last one which I will say will go into the tarritory of the supernatural.

As for your thing, I will ask, dose this take place at a different time then the original series, like the future or past? or will it be a completely separate place with little to no connection too the original alien nine story, will the characters from the real alien nine anime and manga apeare or will it be all new characters? And will there be any male alien fighters? I find the complete lack of them somewhat annoying.

If you don't wish too awnser these questions thats fine, but know I really look forward to reading your fan-manga.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:06 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

The half truth of it is, that it takes place nearly around the same time as the original alien nine group. What the original group does has a significant affect on the story. There will be male alien fighters, the first one who joins is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:31 am 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

You know I have 3/4 ths of the entire manga series, Perhaps I could try to scan them and send the images to you. As well I have a good knowledge of Alien Nine so I can answer your questions for you, but it will have to be later, because I have school....but I also have an extra day off on monday so I can help on the week end. Also I could send the whole thing to you Draco.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:36 pm 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

Quote:
Also I could send the whole thing to you Draco.
That would be very helpfull, even though it wont effect Consumption or any future story in that series as it's allready going and astablished as a AU that splits off from the manga at the end of the anime.
Quote:
The half truth of it is, that it takes place nearly around the same time as the original alien nine group. What the original group does has a significant affect on the story. There will be male alien fighters, the first one who joins is.
Well thats good to hear, both on the original characters being in it and there being male alien fighters, also I personaly invite you too check out our rollplays in the fanfiction section, feel free too join any of them, if your going to be a frequent poster, the more the marrier :3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:04 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Hi,

I'll try to answer some from what I can remember, though hopefully you can get the manga.

There is an auction on eBay right now for the "Collection" set, which is the anime DVD + the 3 main manga volumes in brand new condition. They have 3 sets available:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alien-Nine-Ul ... 1c1db315d1

You can contact Repo about the rarer 4th/final book Emulators:
http://alien9.crossrealms.net/forum/vie ... 5&start=15
Quote:
Who or what is the Sunflower clan? Does anyone have an image of them? I'm thinking that they appeared in the manga but I don't recall what they looked like.
They're a rival alien clan to all other alien Clans (e.g. Drill/Borgs or Yellow Knife). But unlike the Drill Clan they're more aggressive. Drill Clan go through a lengthy process of "training" their hosts to be able to join with them. But the Sunflower Clan will try to join immediately even if it hurts or kills their host. They only want to consume things for their own benefit, though they make it seem like they are better than the Drill Clan through brainwashing their host. In the manga they're said to of destroyed everyone at Schools 2 and 6 before coming to School 9 where the main characters are.

I can only host a small number of manga scans on the main site due to copyright as a 'sampler' but one of the scans happen to be of the sunflower clan:
Quote:
Is the Drill clan just the borgs? Or anything that attacks with screws, like the Gladius too?
I don't know if it's mentioned if they're related. Though there are past generations of borg revealed in the 4th book Emulators. I don't have it to hand to check if maybe the Gladius are one of the past generation of Borgs (e.g. a really really early version). It isn't explained I think in the first 3 books unless I forgot.
Quote:
"It takes at least a year to have a body strong enough to live harmoniously with an alien, the Drill clan seems to use lower alien life forms to test the host and develop them so that they're strong enough to fuse." Where is the proof of this?
Book 3:
Teacher: "Living symbiotically isn't all that easy. The condition of the host, hereditary, and brain wave patterns can't be ignored. Otherwise communication will break down and the host could be injured. In severe cases the host could die. That's why it takes a year to develop a body strong enough to fuse with an alien. But... these sunflowers are aggressive. They don't think about the host.
Quote:
"They like humans as hosts because they produce plenty of energy and electricity. They're also very versatile." Did the aliens say this in the manga or is it just an opinion?
Book 3:
Teacher talking to Kumi (who is trying to come to terms with her new connection to her borg).

Kumi: "Why did humans choose to fuse with aliens?"
Teacher: "There has been no other choice. Since the first meteor fell to earth."
Kumi:"Why earth? Why?"
Teacher: "Humans produce LOTS of electricity. There are no other creatures as hearty."

It was probably my opinion that they also chose humans vs other earth inhabitants due to their potential versatility, such as with Kasumi and her varied skills. When the Yellow Knife talks to the teacher (and I guess the fused borg inside her) about Kasumi as its host (accompanied with pictures of Kasumi doing kicks etc.):
Teacher:"So how do you like occupying a human body?"
Yellow Knife: "It's the best! You guys make great hosts. You've got knowledge and coordination, especially Kasumi who functions just like you."
teacher:"That's because I was training her."
Yellow Knife:"We've all finally figured out what you're doing. This market is not for the Drill Clan alone"."
Quote:
"Some clans like the borg clan have gone through different stages of evolution called generations in an effort to adapt and become more efficient survivors." What are these stages and what do they look like?
They're shown in Emulators. Don't have it to hand at the moment (it's in a box somewhere). Ask Repo on the other thread for info on Emulators.
Quote:
"They're likened to aquatic creatures." What does that mean?
The author did an interview for the publishers and this was included in the first volumes. Some of the questions dealt with the design of the Borgs.

What kind of jobs did you have?
I worked at a technological company in their development and repair department.

Is that why the tentacles that extend from the Borg look like drills?
When I was working in electronics the company was manufacturing machinery. I used drills to manufacture panels and other items. I tend to draw familiar things.

Did you use anything as a reference for designing your aliens? It seemed like the aliens in Alien Nine were based on insects. Do you have an interest in biology and animals?
I like biology, so when I create aliens, I think about their home planet and environment. The aliens in Alien Nine were based on aquatic animals and amphibians. The aliens from Milk Closet are more similar to insects.
Quote:
"There was a certain scene (in Alien Nine: Emulators manga) where Kumi was supposedly fusing with Yuri." Does any one know what pages in which this happened? What does it mean by "Kumi was supposedly fusing with Yuri?" What was she doing? Anyone have images?
Hopefully Repo can help you about Emulators and you can check that part out.
Quote:
"Is there another person controlling Kasumi? It seems that after the Yellow Knife in Book 2 swallowed Kasumi, she appears to be someone else.
Kasumi is fused with a Yellow Knife. She's mostly controlled by that Yellow Knife." Isn't Yellow Knife dead? How does fusing work if the parent alien is dead? Is Yellow Knife living in Kasumi's body, or is she just influenced by Yellow Knife?
When Kasumi was inside the Yellow Knife for so long in that chamber the Yellow Knife I assume transferred some of itself into Kasumi. Before he lets go and moves on he says to Kasumi: "It's Okay Kasumi. As long as you're alive I'll survive too. Farewell." Then in the hospital her borg asks Kasumi if she is really Kasumi still. Later she uses the same sound wave thing the Yellow Knife do using her hair as coils. It seems like she lives symbiotically with both the Drill Clan and Yellow Knife at the same time. Though sometimes the Borg and Yellow Knife may be uncomfortable together, when it really matters she seems to utilise either depending on whats needed. The Drill Clan aren't happy with other clans moving in on their hard work but seem to try to tolerate the Yellow Knife. But when you see the manga you can draw your own conclusions.
Quote:
How can Kasumi have a borg, and a Yellow Knife? Can she form drills and horns with her hair? Or just the horns afterwards?
I think in the manga she doesn't use both at the same time, but been awhile since I read them fully. She does say at one point that for the sound attack to work effectively: "For power the important thing is the number of spirals". So maybe mixing in drills would dissipate the sound wrongly.
Quote:
What does the alien Lynax look like?
Lots of eyeballs.
Quote:
What does the eight generation of borgs look like?
Shown in Emulators.
Quote:
If the last borgs were the eight generation, wouldn't the current borgs be the ninth borgs, or aliens? Thus the name Alien 9 for the anime/manga?
Yeah, I don't think the author said it anywhere officially but my theory is at the top of the FAQ:
http://alien9.crossrealms.net/info_questions.php#q1
Quote:
Does the manga ever actually say drill clan, sunflower clan, or yellow knife clan? Or has this concept been established by fans?
Yep the manga says these.

Good luck with your manga.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:23 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
And will there be any male alien fighters? I find the complete lack of them somewhat annoying.
Yeah it'd of been nice to see a male alien fighter join and the implications (love interest for one of them?).

Apparently the author of Alien 9 just prefers drawing girls and feels they can relate to them more for some reason (despite being male himself). This is from the interview in the manga:

"Why is it that cute girls have to deal with the aliens but not adults?

I thought it would be best to use cute little girls to make the story work. I wasn't forced into choosing young girls. I don't want to draw if it doesn't interest me. I enjoy drawing the girls, and I think it's easier for everyone to empathize with female characters"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:38 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Wow Sai, thanks for the information. I was hoping for someone to take the time to answer these questions with enough information and you definitely did that. I'm going to edit the first post to cross out the questions that have been addressed.

Draco, thanks for the invite, but I don't think I'll be role playing here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:49 pm 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

Quote:
Draco, thanks for the invite, but I don't think I'll be role playing here.
Very well, etch to there own :3 .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:07 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

I just found scanlations of it in Japanese. I can find myself understanding a lot of the pages, merely because the dialog is really simple, but I think it's the parts that I don't understand is where the important dialog happens. I'm thinking of taking the time to translate it but it would take away from my time to work on the manga. Now does this Repo person have Emulators in English?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:14 pm 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

Yes, me and Repo both have it in english, though Repo could probably get it to you faster...I have homework and stuff.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next