Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2

Do you believe in aliens?
Yes 70%  70%  [ 7 ]
No 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Maybe... 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Total votes: 10
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:18 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

It is extremely statistically improbable that there is no life outside of earth. After all, there are bacteria capable of surviving under some extremely hard conditions. There is no reason that Earth is rare or even unique, given the thousands of galaxies and countless stars in the universe, how could at least one not produce intelligent life? Tl;dr, the way Occam's razor cuts is that there is intelligent life, we just have to look for it (or it needs to look for us).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:03 am 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Do I believe in aliens? Absolutely. Didn't encounter any, nor do I wish to. But I'm sure they not only did visited our planet already but do so frequently. Even on our planet there might be more of intellingent life, in some other worlds it may be even easier for such life to exists.
Wish I could lend you my beliefs, Repo Baxil :) If you need or want to have such belefs, it can be done, and then they may be working so you will get evidence on existence of aliens and other intelligent beings. But it probably would have to touch other beliefs and need to change or loosen them too.
But if you know that beliefs are only our views on reality and never the reality, it may be fun and beneficial to play with what you believe in (when you know how). They do affect our life so when it may be safe and conveinent at one point to have solid beliefs that would make life simplier, predictable but tnen if someone decided they need to make a change or a discovery they have to change their beliefs to allow this to happen first before it can be achieved. But then some realy just "want to believe" not so much achieving it, that has a different feel.
Me, I'm not "prepared" to communicate or deal with aliens, so why I'm ok with believing in them then? Probably because they are not my focus, it's like, "yeah, they exist and frequent Earth, so what?" :)
Quote:
Quote:
I WANT TO BELIEVE :O
Don't worry, you will as soon as we find some, or you get abducted or something.
It's no good, you may forget it!) And even if you don't, you would think it a weird dream - it's so fantastic to be real.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2