Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:15 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

An Alien Nine rpg.....
There is one already! 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
what cha waiting for?! Make on! 78%  78%  [ 7 ]
Ya joking right? Uh...no.... 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 9
 Post subject: Alien Nine rpg
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:17 pm 
New Student
New Student

Hi! I've been watching this forum for a while and finally got the guts (and the enegry) to join. I was wondering if you guys can answer a question. Is there any Alien Nine rpgs out there and if there isn't, do you think it will be a good idea to start one? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:39 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

There's no Alien 9 RPGs. There's no Alien 9 videogames, in fact... some tiem ago, some memebers of this forum suggested make an A9 videogame (I suggested an "Abu Simbel Profanation" style game (extreme and lunatic level difficulty)) but, I don't remember someone said an RPG... well, RPG Maker is a good tool but is difficult to do a good game with that (I can tell... only know THREE good games with RPG Maker and one of them is a Demo ^_^UUUU).

Well, you can try it (and I... but I do a enormous A9 fan fiction... I did my work yet ^_^).

To next read

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:54 am 
New Student
New Student

Actualy, I meant a text-based rpg. I can't make a graphic one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:11 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

A MUD, you say? Buf... wellcome to the "difficult things to do" world ^_^UUUU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:41 pm 
New Student
New Student

Quote:
A MUD, you say? Buf... wellcome to the "difficult things to do" world ^_^UUUU
No not a MUD. I don't know how to make those things. Just a forum and some text. Simple and easy. ^^

But if you really want to try to make a graphic RPG, maybe we can. We could probably make a project out of it and get some folks to join the effort. Where can I read your fanfic? Maybe (if you want) we could use it as a base. I'll go look at some directions and how to do pages....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:55 am 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

I hope (oh, yes... I really hope...) you can read it: It's totally IN SPANISH

Parásito

And, maybe, this story is more "action-based" game or "exploration" oriented game... if you can read it, you'll understand it (and, if you have some friend who can read it, go to see if he can translate it XDDDDD).

My english is very poor... I'm sorry for that : P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:43 am 
New Student
New Student

Quote:
I hope (oh, yes... I really hope...) you can read it: It's totally IN SPANISH

Parásito

And, maybe, this story is more "action-based" game or "exploration" oriented game... if you can read it, you'll understand it (and, if you have some friend who can read it, go to see if he can translate it XDDDDD).

My english is very poor... I'm sorry for that : P
Its okay but I seem to be having a problem getting the file from the site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:47 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

You only have to click in the "image" (I know there's not image : P) and you will be able to download it.

Parásito <- I don't know if this will work

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:36 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

There were a couple of roleplay threads over in the old Fanfiction thread. Spam got particularly bad in that section though and I had to lock it but I created a new fanfiction forum (this one) for anyone to continue writing stories/roleplay but I guess people had moved on by then. Now that I've seemed to of been able to eradicate the spam/bot problem though I've now unlocked the old fanfiction section "School Library". Feel free to start some new RPG threads or see if you can liven back up the old ones.

As for actual games, I've dabbled with the thought of making some games. A whole RPG would of course be too big a task. But some small Macromedia Flash games are possible, I've done some in the past for work and will probably just change the graphics for one sometime to be more Alien 9 themed. But I am extremely busy with work etc. so I don't think I could do it sadly. Maybe someday in the future though.

I do remember someone maybe saying they were going to make an Alien game using some RPG maker/engine but that was back in 2004 and I haven't heard anything since.
But theres alot of existing engines/makers out there. If you just wanted a game whereby you talk to characters and make decisions based on what they say (mainly a characetr development type game) then the following engine is very good:
http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/Home_Page
RenPy is good for simple 'interactive/visual book' style games that are character driven. So essentially its like a MUD due to being dialogue heavy with just some graphical element (you could always use edited images from the anime so long as you credit the creators and dont gain any profits).

First things first though, make sure you've got a solid script. And maybe think about interactive points where the dialogue or plot could take a different path (and then join back onto the same path again or not if you want multiple endings). The RenPy instructions might be useful, even if you don't use their engine their method of converting a dialogue script to a game could be useful. Once you've got a story and an idea of the kind of interaction you want then you can consider if you use something like RenPy or a RPG maker or a simple webpage "click the links" or a web game application in Flash etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:47 am 
New Student
New Student

Quote:
There were a couple of roleplay threads over in the old Fanfiction thread. Spam got particularly bad in that section though and I had to lock it but I created a new fanfiction forum (this one) for anyone to continue writing stories/roleplay but I guess people had moved on by then. Now that I've seemed to of been able to eradicate the spam/bot problem though I've now unlocked the old fanfiction section "School Library". Feel free to start some new RPG threads or see if you can liven back up the old ones.

As for actual games, I've dabbled with the thought of making some games. A whole RPG would of course be too big a task. But some small Macromedia Flash games are possible, I've done some in the past for work and will probably just change the graphics for one sometime to be more Alien 9 themed. But I am extremely busy with work etc. so I don't think I could do it sadly. Maybe someday in the future though.

I do remember someone maybe saying they were going to make an Alien game using some RPG maker/engine but that was back in 2004 and I haven't heard anything since.
But theres alot of existing engines/makers out there. If you just wanted a game whereby you talk to characters and make decisions based on what they say (mainly a characetr development type game) then the following engine is very good:
http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/Home_Page
RenPy is good for simple 'interactive/visual book' style games that are character driven. So essentially its like a MUD due to being dialogue heavy with just some graphical element (you could always use edited images from the anime so long as you credit the creators and dont gain any profits).

First things first though, make sure you've got a solid script. And maybe think about interactive points where the dialogue or plot could take a different path (and then join back onto the same path again or not if you want multiple endings). The RenPy instructions might be useful, even if you don't use their engine their method of converting a dialogue script to a game could be useful. Once you've got a story and an idea of the kind of interaction you want then you can consider if you use something like RenPy or a RPG maker or a simple webpage "click the links" or a web game application in Flash etc.
Thanks! I think I'll try it out (though I still can't open the document Parasito). I wonder if I can start a thread to maybe get some people to help. Or do it on my own...

*thinks*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 1:10 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Really... the Ren'Py engine is REALLY easy to use (I can handle it and I am a dumb on programation : P) I also thought use Ren'Py with Parásito but my drawing skills are not few... they're inexistent : P

I hope you can write a great Alien 9 fan fiction ^O^

P.D.: INSANI <- here there're translations of Ren'Py Visual Novels. I suggest you read "Planetarian" (only a demo... but well demo ^O^) and "Narcissu" (TT__TT <- makes you cry).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:47 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

that would be really awesome if there was an Alien Nine RPG video game. I'd love it!

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]