Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:21 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8

Who is your favourite character?
Kumi Kawamura 30%  30%  [ 16 ]
Yuri Otani 28%  28%  [ 15 ]
Kasumi Tomine 15%  15%  [ 8 ]
Miyu 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Megumi Hisakawa (Teacher) 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Monami Komai 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Borgs (Specify in thread which one if you like) 19%  19%  [ 10 ]
Chisa Okada (Principal) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other (Please specify and maybe I will add more options) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 53
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:41 am 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Quote:
I'm suprised there aren't more borg votes. The borgs are there for the girls when no one else is, and they're the only "people" who seem genuinly concerned about them, both emotionally and physically. For instance, Kasumi's borg asking her about her big brother, and Yuri's borg tolerating her whining like a big brother, and Kumi's Borg reminding her that she isn't alone and needs to be strong.
I think Borgs would represent the protective big brothers, and the teachers are the good intentioned but selfish and irresponsable big sisters.

¬_¬ Makes me wish I had a borg.
^-^ ya borgs~

i totaly agree, but witch one do you like best?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:06 am 
New Student
New Student

I can't decide between Yuri or Kumi. They're tied for me. But I'm going to vote for Kasumi just becasue most people are voting for Kumi and Yuri.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:59 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
I can't decide between Yuri or Kumi. They're tied for me. But I'm going to vote for Kasumi just becasue most people are voting for Kumi and Yuri.
I think I know how you feel. I love all the characters, and I was torn between who to vote for. Kumi, Yuri, Kasumi, Miyu, and Principal Chisa Okada were all really close. (The principal is awesome in the manga - she's ALWAYS eating sweets like CRAZY and barking orders at Megumi. And somehow, she never loses her cool XD She's not in the anime much, though :( But she's awesome when she is! :O )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:23 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Yeah the manga does cover a lot more about the teacher/principal and give them a bit fuller character. Especially Megumi and her relationship with her alien etc. it certainly gives you more of an understanding as to why they are involved with the borgs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:46 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

I like Yuri's Borg, he's funny, and he talks the most, but he and the other borg's should still have talked abit more, ofcourse Ive only watched the OVA so I dont know how thay are in the manga.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:32 am 
New Student
New Student

I saw Yuri as an extremely emotional girl. She is really fragile and anything could set her into 'crying' mode. In fact, as compared to the other 2 firecrackers in the group (if you don't get what I mean, they are Kumi and Kasumi), Yuri would be the weakest link. Indeed, I was dying to strangle her when she threatened to start off another crying session. However, I soon realised if you were forced to do things you cannot cope with, you'll definetely shrink away from the challenge. As for Yuri, crying is her way of expressing her sadness or (perhaps?) anger, so I accepted her crying as a normal part of her. She works her magic silently throughout the 4 anime episodes that keeps Kumi, Kasumi, Miyu and her together. Notice how Kumi got used to Yuri's whinings and even developed some feelings for her *gasp*. I even began to pity her, seeing how much go-catch-that-alien assignments she was forced to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:29 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
I saw Yuri as an extremely emotional girl. She is really fragile and anything could set her into 'crying' mode. In fact, as compared to the other 2 firecrackers in the group (if you don't get what I mean, they are Kumi and Kasumi), Yuri would be the weakest link. Indeed, I was dying to strangle her when she threatened to start off another crying session. However, I soon realised if you were forced to do things you cannot cope with, you'll definetely shrink away from the challenge. As for Yuri, crying is her way of expressing her sadness or (perhaps?) anger, so I accepted her crying as a normal part of her. She works her magic silently throughout the 4 anime episodes that keeps Kumi, Kasumi, Miyu and her together. Notice how Kumi got used to Yuri's whinings and even developed some feelings for her *gasp*. I even began to pity her, seeing how much go-catch-that-alien assignments she was forced to do.
That was a very thoughtful post :) I feel the same way, too :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:55 pm 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

I think etch Borg should have there own place on the pole.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:00 am 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

Yuri, because I was a lot like her at her age. People criticise her for crying a lot, but what would you do in her situation at her age. She just isn't cut out for something like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:33 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Exactly, it's a very realistic portrait of what it would be like to be in Yuri's shoes .o.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:57 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Wow Megumi has only one vote?

I really love Megumi. When I first saw the whole anime she felt like an all-knowing, all-seeing teacher who had significant control over Kumi, Kasumi, and Yuri. She wanted control so that she could 'win' something. Every time I'm faced with a 'something' it feels more mysterious and almighty, and that somehow the students were gaining a sort of power. Most likely just better control of their borgs overtime. The principal, though not all-knowing and seeing, always seemed wiser than Megumi, but that made Megumi feel more believable. When she started worrying about Yuri, I felt the want that Megumi should win, whatever she was aiming for just because she had the power over them. I'm such a suck up. :]

Then when I started reading the manga more colors of her started to show. She seemed more like someone who wanted to be a winner, but nothing ever seemed to go her way. She lacked patience and it caused some of her students to 'fail', as noted in the reports. She's always trying to win and keeps tampering with something that seems should take time. She's a clutz in that sense, and though I usually hate clutzy characters-- the fact that she remained above the students still kept me bewildered.

SPOILERS BELOW:

Especially when her borg/her came to the decision that she could not allow the sunflower clan to take Yuri, and decided it would be better just to kill Yuri. That was like... wow. Could you really be that selfish? To choose between life and death for your student? Yes. She is. In fact, she's been doing it the whole time. Putting them in direct danger by making too hasty of decisions. She has been selfish the whole time. Something about that is absolutely fascinating. But only because this is a sci-fi, combat sort of theme. If it was just a school on a Earth with no aliens, borgs, or drill hairs, or wasn't based on some sort of combat, but still held her personality, I'd most likely not think she is cool at all.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8