Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:25 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:05 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

I'm usually really good with finding fanart of anime series, especially via Japanese webpages but so far I've only visited the links that have been posted around here....

Well...

Have any of you seen Alien 9 doujinshi or whatev around? I havent seen any... v.v

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:22 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

i'm not to sure myself..sorry >_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:42 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Well, I happened to find three AlienNine doujinshi (not sure if it is of the same artist), but they're all hentai o_o; Do you want them still?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:02 am 
Possessed
Possessed

gawd I hate hentai so much! my question is why do they ruin good anime and manga by making hentai doujinshi with it?

(sorry about that little rant...i despise hentai too much >_<)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:43 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:
gawd I hate hentai so much! my question is why do they ruin good anime and manga by making hentai doujinshi with it?

I can feel you're hatred to hentai Kumi-chan, 'cause I too hate hentai... It's... plain... insulting! -_-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:44 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate and say that I like hentai to an extent. I don't like tentacle or rape or disgusting fetish hentai. I like romantic hentai and to an extent yuri, and I LOVE the yaoi variety. *_* And yes, this does count for hentai doujinshis of non-hentai shows.

To me, a doujinshi of an already existing anime (hentai or no) is fanfiction with pictures. No more, no less. There are some that are well written, some that are okay, and others that are just plain awful. However, I don't let them ruin my enjoyment of a show. They are simply work written by fans and not official in any way, shape, or form (unless they were written by the actual author, a la Gravitation Remix).

There's my two cents.

EDIT: Oops, forgot to add something related to the original topic. I have never seen an Alien 9 doujinshi, so I'm afraid I can't help you there. That doesn't mean they don't exist, however (there have been doujinshi of a show as obscure as Princess Nine, so who knows?).

Crystalline Academy -- Personal website.
My DeviantArt Gallery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:49 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

it's ok to say that CCMars! we're all entitled to our own opinions afterall ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:18 am 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

Quote:
Well, I happened to find three AlienNine doujinshi (not sure if it is of the same artist), but they're all hentai o_o; Do you want them still?
Sure thing ^^" Trust me, I've seen enough...awkward....hentai in my life where nothing can faze me anymore. *sighs*
Quote:
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate and say that I like hentai to an extent. I don't like tentacle or rape or disgusting fetish hentai. I like romantic hentai and to an extent yuri, and I LOVE the yaoi variety. *_* And yes, this does count for hentai doujinshis of non-hentai shows.
*waves lil' "yuri girl!" flag* :D There's just not enough of it thats good out there though. :( (Yuri I mean...) I've seen maybe... 2 or 3 that weren't plagues upon thine innocent eyes, but that's about it. :(

I mean....I NEVER looked at hentai in my life... >_> .... *rollerblades into a bookcase*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 2:39 am 
Possessed
Possessed

that's ok ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:19 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Quote:
Sure thing ^^" Trust me, I've seen enough...awkward....hentai in my life where nothing can faze me anymore. *sighs*
OK, I've PM you the link. It would be unwise if I posted the link here. :)
Quote:
I like romantic hentai and to an extent yuri, and I LOVE the yaoi variety. *_*
While we're on the topic, what is Yaoi? Any resemblance to shoujo-ai? :busy:
Quote:
Quote:

I can feel you're hatred to hentai Kumi-chan, 'cause I too hate hentai... It's... plain... insulting! -_-
Personally, I have to agree with you two. Hentai is really disgusting, but that is why it is always geared towards male audiences. Ecchi is be kinda disgusting too, but it depends on how you see it. If you're serious, you can get offended by what you see, but ecchi is meant to humor you instead of arousing you.
Surprisingly, one of the hentai doujinshi I saw was real nice, in terms of its drawing. The artist made the characters real cute, almost like chibi form (Hitoshi-san could do with taking a leaf out of the artist's book). The only downside was that the artist's skills weren't really used the way most of us want it to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:22 am 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

Quote:

Well, here's a break down. :D

Yaoi and Yuri are the hentai equivelent of shoujo-ai and shounen-ai.

Shoujo-ai= GirlxGirl love
Shounen-ai= BoyxBoy love
Yuri= GirlxGirl erm....hentai
Yaoi= BoyxBoy hentai

But the term has been pretty watered down where yaoi and yuri can mean any rating. I.E, "KumixYuri is such a cute yuri pairing!" That statement wouldnt neccesarily mean they liked it as a sexual pairing, but yeah. ...*long winded*

ANYWHO. Thank you for the link :D I'll have to check it out when I'm not at school. >_>

And as for the whole hentai discussion thing, a lot of artists started out doing doujinshi and hentai. It's more business than anything else, I think. Creating a hentai manga takes a lot less skill in terms of plot and stuff, and it has a universal appeal (sex o.o) so it's chosen by a lot of starting manga-ka as their area of work.

And I'm done. O.o For now....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:23 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Quote:
This should help:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yaoi
^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 3:24 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Thanks for the explaination. ^^
Quote:
Hmm... I wonder what Hitoshi-san is thinking when he names one of the character 'Yuri'. Maybe that is what spurs other doujinshi artists to do... erm... whatever they are doing now. :sleep:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 4:19 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

Quote:
Thanks for the explaination. ^^
Quote:
Hmm... I wonder what Hitoshi-san is thinking when he names one of the character 'Yuri'. Maybe that is what spurs other doujinshi artists to do... erm... whatever they are doing now. :sleep:
Well, Yuri also means lily... But like I said, the term has been kinda watered down so yuri doesnt exaclty have to mean hentai. Buuut...it is a very popular trend to name a character that will have girl/girl interactions in the series Yuri..cough...YurixKumi....

Admittedly? The reason why I started watching Alien 9 is because the first thing I noticed about it was the main character was named Yuri and I was like "YES this has to got shoujo-ai in it!" xD *shameless shoujo-ai fangirl*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 5:13 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

do you know the meanings of Kumi and Kasumi's names? (i never knew Yuri also meant Lily)

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next