Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:09 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:17 pm 
New Student
New Student

Nya-a! (as a Kasumi-chan’s greeting). It’s seems like I’m a first Ukrainian member of the forum.
Ne-e… actually I have a question. In the first series Yuri asks Kumi for some help (and got harshly refused)… I guess what is it? Kumi can’t substitute Yuri, ‘cause they are both fighters… She has no special relations with a sensei… Maybe it’s clear in manga, but I can’t buy it in my country (we have just a Ranma/2 so far).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:05 pm 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

I think it's alittle bit even more confusing in the manga. I don't know why Kumi just said no though. Its too bad you can't get the manga.

Post subject: This is what I think.
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:08 am 
Fused Borg
Fused Borg

Kumi is fed up with Yuri because she can't do anything herself and needs help all the time.

To Kumi, Yuri just slows down the team because she sits there scared while she and Kasumi do all the work.

Kumi can't understand Yuri's fear of aliens because she handles them just fine by herself.

Kumi joined the Alien Party so she wouldn't have to be class president anymore because she hates dealing with other people's problems. Only now, she has to deal with Yuri's problems and has had enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 3:16 pm 
New Student
New Student

Well, I understand Kumi's anger (it's confusing, but...), but can't understand what was the help that Yuri suposed to get from Kumi?.. Isn't it's like Kawamura Kumi was no use in that situation and Yuri had to ask teacher rather?.. Or did Yuri asked Kumi for support and protection during the battles? But that was natural anyway, they was a team and had to help each other!
In other words what the full message was under Yuri's "Please help Kawamura-san"? Help me... WHAT?

2Kamikaze: Oh yeah... T_T And I can't even download manga - it's licensed already!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:02 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

The help that Yuri wanted was help in catching the aliens. Yuri was really REALLY scared and she needed help. Kumi refuses it because she was sick and tired of helping people because she used to be the class president. She didn't want to hear it from Yuri and she yelled at her. I hope this helps ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:13 pm 
New Student
New Student

Ah... I just misunderstood... I thought she wants more radical help (like an expulsion from the Alien Controls Team or something). Arigato Kumi-chan.
._.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:18 am 
Possessed
Possessed

It's alright..don't worry about it. I don't mind helping you out ^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:15 am 
Fused Borg
Fused Borg

Once they join the Alien Party, how come they're not allowed to leave? Is it because it is such an unwanted job, or is it because the Borgs need so much time to fuse with one person and they don't want to waste it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:27 am 
New Student
New Student

2AmazonLeopard: I think that there both reasons are actual... If students will see, that one can leave, they'll ask for it from the very start (not Kasumi, sure!)... And also such a sensei must be really tough to train proper fighters, can't connive at anything ... And borgu seems to be something like a relative to the student... even like a new part of the body (last developmental stage of the borgu is something like hair... ne-e... in "Milk Closet" borgu-type aliens were body part from the very start!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:31 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

In addition to Keytaro's points, I guess also if you're in the Alien Party you're granted special benefits within the education system. Like being able to graduate without any exam and being allowed to skip alot of lessons/teaching.
If someone were to specifically request to jump back to the usual order of things I guess they'd have to forfeit those benefits and have a LOT of catching up to do. So perhaps they also see it as too much trouble.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]