Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:42 am 
Fused Borg
Fused Borg

What made you start reading the manga or watching the anime? Why do you like the series?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:39 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Well, one day I was bored and I was looking though all the programs on On Demand so I watched the first episode and thought it was ok. Then slowly the other episodes came and I watched those. When the 4th episode came I was actually starting to get into the story and was very confused by the ending of the anime.

I waited forever until I forgot about it then the first episode came again, so then I remember it and looked it up on the net. I found this place and bought the Alien 9 Ultimate Collection box on Ebay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:53 pm 
Possessed
Possessed

It was about two to three years ago when I found this magazine with Kumi, Kasumi and Yuri on it. I was planning to find new anime/manga to explore so I researched it. I came across this website in my travels and I was dying to buy this series. For christmas, I went to Borders and I saw Alien 9 Emulators on the self. This was my expression "OMG!!!1! NO WAI?!!1111!" and I got it. I snuck through it and I was confused because the characters looked different from what I saw them. I went to Amazon and they had all of the series. One by one I bought everything and I waited for so long to buy vol.3 of Alien 9. I eventually bought it and by that time, I was a really big fan of Alien 9.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:11 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

One day, I was watching the T.V. then this commercial popped out and it featured some aliens. So I decided to check it out and eventually I loved it.

I like it because it's so cool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:56 am 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

The first time I saw that serie named "Alien Nine", I saw in a magazine. Then I thought automatically: "This is a stupid story about idiot girls who only watch boyfriend in her schools... this is only for kids ò_ó"... really, I thougth this ^_^UU (don't kill me, please ^_^UUUU!).

One year later, with a more open mind, I see the manga... the Rainax scene. Then I thought, "this is not a childs story".

Tomizawa is very confusing when he wants, don't think so ^_^?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:35 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Yeah, Alien 9 with its cute surface but grim underlying plot is certainly misleading! I think its great that way though. It fits the characters and their stories well. In that they may seem happy and confident on the exterior (Kumi seeming confident/stable based on appearance but actually being very alone and a bit vunerable after losing a loved one, Kasumi appearing HYPER HAPPY! externally but actually again being painfully upset about the semi-loss of a loved one)

Well for my reasons I guess you can check out this page:
http://alien9.crossrealms.net/site_why.php

Has it really been so many years... wow....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:54 pm 
New Student
New Student

I was browsing through a huge list of animes, and I just happened to click on a link to this series. One quick look at the artwork and the description, and I was sold. I'll probably pick up the manga if I can find a decent site to order them from.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:42 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Try Ebay, that's where I got my mine.

Last edited by Kamikaze on Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:47 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

I was in the movie rental store and I saw a commercial of it playing. I thought it looked interesting. When I got a job and had enough money, I bought the DVD.
I fell in love with the show. Then I bought the manga at www.animenation.com.
And one day when i went back to the site, I saw that they were going to release the Alien 9 : Emulators, so i bought that too ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:03 pm 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

I was at school when I found out about it, my friend came up to me with a book in her hand and handed it to me, it was the first book of Alien Nine and I said I'd read it at lunch, so when I read it I fell in love with it and tried to get my hands on all the books. I have them all now and read them all the time when I have nothing to do. :hooray:

----------------------

Guess who's back!
It's Neko~!

I finally decided to come back here after FOREVER....^^;

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:59 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

Same with me. Every once in awhile I just go into a Alien 9 marathon of reading and watching all the books and episodes until I get burnt out on it then I take a rest until I feel like doing it again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:17 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

I found it when I was browesing through Comcast On Demand, and just happened to see it. I watched the first episoed, and loved it! But at the second ep, I started to skip the ending credits. When the fourth ep was done, I was like "WHY IS THERE NO MORE???"
I then left off of the series for a while. Months later, I saw a A9 sight on my favorits menu on my computer, then got back into it. I then figured out what happend at the end of the 4th ep. Then I got the manga and anime on dvd. And here I am.

Wow, that was long... :busy:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:01 am 
Alien Party Moderator
Alien Party Moderator

That's practically what happened to me. On Demand, thankyou!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:11 pm 
New Student
New Student

I like dementia titles in general (whether animation, mangas or comics) so Alien 9 couldnt escape.
While I was reading about Narutaru (best manga I've ever read) a reviewer mentioned Alien 9 and after countless animes I finally watched it.
First I had read the manga. I found Milk Closet more disturbing though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:30 am 
New Student
New Student

Quote:
One day, I was watching the T.V. then this commercial popped out and it featured some aliens. So I decided to check it out and eventually I loved it.

I like it because it's so cool!
Is it at AXN? because that's where I first watched it in Jap and with subtitles. Its a Christmas marathon on AXN at that time.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next