Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:43 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: On The History of Aliens
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:31 am 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

The aliens of Alien 9 are an important part of the story, but since they're not the main focus of the story not very much is known about them, especially their history and origin. I've been thinking too much lately so I came up with a theory about the origins of the clans.

The clans, at least the three clans that we know, were actually created by some powerful alien race a long time ago (I thought of this because it's obvious that symbiotes could not have developed all the technology themselves without the help from a host and also the symbiotes powers are unnatural and similar). That powerful race created the clans for some reason, probably for a military purpose, but somewhere along the line the clans got smarter and finally overthrew their creator.

For a while they live in peace but soon they were running out of hosts so they searched in other planets for a potential host. It turns out that not all alien races are good hosts. Some had more electricity in them than others (judging from what Megumi said in volume 3, electricity seem to be one factor of a good host). And so began the rivalry between the clans.

What is your own theory? Is this taking the subject too seriously?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:18 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

no it's a good idea!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:29 am 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

That's a good theory, Deepdeck.

I believe that the aliens come to Earth either looking to increase their numbers, or find a better place to live. They fuse with people because they found it was the best (and only) way to live on Earth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:50 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

I think the aliens just started making themselves noticed on Earth...
I think the borgs (the Drill clan) may have been the 1st, and I think they fused with humans to protect them from other dangerous clans who want to take over the planet/enslave humans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:20 am 
Master Catcher
Master Catcher

Quote:
I think the borgs (the Drill clan) may have been the 1st, and I think they fused with humans to protect them from other dangerous clans who want to take over the planet/enslave humans.
Or maybe just to protect their own supply of potential fusing partners. So that they will be the dominant clan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:50 am 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

Can't remember why, but I always leaned towards Dreamland_Kris' idea of them coming to the Earth in search of a more favourable environment compared to their own planet. And therefore to keep their race alive they fuse with the humans. Was Megumi at some point implying that the borg clan needed help? I really can't remember as its been quite awhile since I read the manga.
Then after the borg clan discovered the Earth, perhaps due to tracking, the other clans tagged along and began trying to muscle in on this seemingly ideal breeding/fusing ground. They could all be different races from the same planet that is dying, crowded or simply become uncomfortable for inhabiting (e.g. severe climate changes or one species becoming too dominant and killing all others or whatever else).
I reckon the borg clan is doing it all for their own purposes of survival and the other clans are trying to do the same by stealing their idea. Although the borg clan seems to be the most organised and lighter of the bunch that we saw, since they appear to try and co-inhabit with their 'victim' without being too brutal/forceful... the Yellow Knife clan too also seems to try and be of benefit to their fused-with person. But they are still all manipulative and mostly doing it against the people of Earth's will so they are just the better of a few evils unfortunately. The humans are caught up in the tug-o-war for who gets the good spot in the universe for moving to.
That was just my impression though ^^

All your ideas are very interesting and good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:26 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

anime, though, isn't always that sophisticated

and then we all come along and have all sorts of strange ideas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:46 pm 
Alien Party Admin
Alien Party Admin

I think anime is just another medium for storytelling. It can be therefore as sophisticated as any form of literature/film media can get. There's really no limitation other than the imagination of the creator.
I like Kino's Journey because it is rather a philosophical look on life and the variety within it. The contradictions and many other things it creates etc. is really interesting.
But then I also watch something totally loony like Kodomo no Omocha. Same medium but it can be as sophisticated or as totally bonkers as you like. Lots of fun that way ^^

Alien 9 has a lot of backstory that is vague so it's just fun to speculate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:51 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

yeah, and to think i could really draw it like they do...

(slaps herself)

okay, i'm back, but i think we're really running out of things to say until alien nine starts coming out with more volumes...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:02 am 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:
Quote:
Or maybe just to protect their own supply of potential fusing partners. So that they will be the dominant clan.
Hmm.. I like that idea too.

Like the Sunflower Clan.... they want to be dominant. Sneaky lil b@stards..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:13 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

Quote:
Dreamland_Kris wrote:
Monami_Komai wrote:

Hmm.. I like that idea too.

Like the Sunflower Clan.... they want to be dominant. Sneaky lil b@stards..
maybe there's a war we can't see, like the clans are battling for all out power and Earth is just another planet in the struggle

maybe the drill clan is evil on Earth, too, and it's part of a secret plan[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:22 am 
Borg Wearer
Borg Wearer

Warning: I don't know all about the story of Alien 9 (in Spain only has published the first three volumes of the manga, no more..)

I thought the drills, the sunflowers, the yellow knifes... all the clans wants dominate the Earth. The first (and subtle) domination of the Drills is only that: The first. later, all the other clans reached the Earth and then began a srange "war" in the shadows... For me, this is like the Darwin's Evolution Theory: The best ones will survive, the worst ones will perish. Maybe this is only a way to be more and more stronger, using the humans to use her brains (for me, the aliens has not the same thought estructura than the human's but they can emulate it by the simbiosis.

The humans only are a weapons. They only wants her brains. That's I think...

Excuse my poor poor POOR english...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:09 am 
Possessed
Possessed

Your english is fine don't worry about it. Anyway your theory is perfectly reasonable. It makes scence too..survival of the fittest...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:57 pm 
Alien Catcher
Alien Catcher

Quote:
The aliens of Alien 9 are an important part of the story, but since they're not the main focus of the story not very much is known about them, especially their history and origin. I've been thinking too much lately so I came up with a theory about the origins of the clans.

The clans, at least the three clans that we know, were actually created by some powerful alien race a long time ago (I thought of this because it's obvious that symbiotes could not have developed all the technology themselves without the help from a host and also the symbiotes powers are unnatural and similar). That powerful race created the clans for some reason, probably for a military purpose, but somewhere along the line the clans got smarter and finally overthrew their creator.

For a while they live in peace but soon they were running out of hosts so they searched in other planets for a potential host. It turns out that not all alien races are good hosts. Some had more electricity in them than others (judging from what Megumi said in volume 3, electricity seem to be one factor of a good host). And so began the rivalry between the clans.

What is your own theory? Is this taking the subject too seriously?
To be honest? This reminds me a lot of StarCraft and the story of the Zerg and Protoss.

I think the Aliens are just expanding their area while travelling through space (something that the human still haven't be able to do). While they were expanding they probably came to earth someday (1998 I think?) and figured out that the humans produces a lot of more electricie than other life forms in space. So they decided to make the earth no.1 holiday inn.

You say I'm giving you the blues
Maybe
You mean every word you say
Can't help but think of yesterday
And another who tied me down to loverboy rules
My Deviantart gallery, feel free to comment my work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:21 pm 
Fused Hybrid
Fused Hybrid

truly i say aliens will take over i they can...they're all evil. The borgs, though, aren't exactly in a position to rebel. Megumi must have tamed them, and that would explain why they're so mediocre. They were captured. I'm sure Megumi knows secrets she hasn't told the Alien Party, too, and we might find out later if they bring out more episodes or something. Or maybe I'll answer my theory by watching more...K, enough about that.

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next