Alien 9 / Alien Nine Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:47 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

How did your friends react to Alien Nine?
Haven't told them. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I tried, but none of them were interested. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I tried, but they all hated it. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I tried, and there was mixed feelings. 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
I got one of my friends to like it. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I got more than one of my friends to like it. 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Other. 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Total votes: 3
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:54 pm 
Fused Borg
Fused Borg

I tried to get my friends to read Alien Nine, but they always thought it was to weird. They told me it frustrated them because they never knew exactly what was going on. I admit they asked a couple of questions I couldn't answer myself. You need to read it a couple of times to get what's going on and even then there's so much that isn't explained. It leaves a lot up to the reader, but for me that was part of the appeal.

Some thought Alien Nine was too slow moving. In the anime, there's a lot of stuff that takes place between the alien fights. Some might find watching the interactions between the girls boring.

Then there's the fact that it goes from cute to disturbing and back again. Someone who likes horror would pass it off, thinking that this is another dumb cute romp. In fact, when I first saw this, with all the nets and equipment, I thought it would be like Pokemon, with kids running around catching aliens. Boy, was I wrong. And people who want cute things only, will toss this book or DVD out the window once they get to the more disturbing scenes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:42 am 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

I told my sister about it and convinced her to read it, I think she liked it though she doesn't seem as interested in it as me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:21 am 
New Student
New Student

i think people are more open to it now but it depends on who you talk to. ive shown it to a couple of people and they liked it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:07 pm 
Ultimate Symbiote
Ultimate Symbiote

Good, spread the word of Alien Nine. This series deserves more then just to fade into obscurity.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:42 pm 
New Student
New Student

yeah i agree! i keep saying if i ever become a millionaire im gonna fund the production of the rest of the anime my daaaaamn self

im hoping my friends also spread the word too

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]